GlimmerGrass's Maiden Grow - Crop King Seeds' Early Miss Auto Fem in Coir - 2015

Thanks, MagicJim and ladyfish! I really appreciate it!

Here they are this morning:

IMG_59045.jpg

Scylla's on the right in this photo.

Question 1 -- Scylla's stem has been weak since she had an early day with too little light and stretched a bit. I've been propping her up with a toothpick, but am now thinking that was the wrong thing to do as her stem is still weak. If I take away the support she flops to the side. What should I do to help her get stronger? They're both on the kitchen counter at the moment and there's good air circulation, but no fan. Should I add a fan?

Question 2 -- Scylla's second set of real leaves is coming in nicely but one is a bit twisted. Is this within the range of normal for cannabis seedlings?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Question 1 -- Scylla's stem has been weak since she had an early day with too little light and stretched a bit. I've been propping her up with a toothpick, but am now thinking that was the wrong thing to do as her stem is still weak. If I take away the support she flops to the side. What should I do to help her get stronger? They're both on the kitchen counter at the moment and there's good air circulation, but no fan. Should I add a fan?

Question 2 -- Scylla's second set of real leaves is coming in nicely but one is a bit twisted. Is this within the range of normal for cannabis seedlings?

Thanks for any help you can give!

GG....I'm certainly no expert but this might be an early sign of damping off. Also, I've read somewhere that coco will require a little extra perlite and your water PH should be fairly low, perhaps 6.1 to 6.8. I have heard that a fan can assist to strengthen the stem. You should consult with someone using that medium. Jim

See also: My old seedling damping off - help

Scylla answered my second question herself -- the leaf straightened up over the day :) Nervous first time parent here ;)

As far as the weak stem, I did some reading about damp off and checked my plant again. Thanks for the suggestion! The stem itself is stiff, it's just thin. When I said it flopped, the stem isn't bending, the whole plant just goes over to the side. I looked at it again and the curve of the tap root was visible at the bottom, just above the level of the soil, so I buried another inch of the stem in more coco coir and we'll see how that goes.

I was at the local hardware store and picked up some more bulbs.

The 23w CFLs I'm using now are 5200k. I picked up 1 40w CLF at 2700k, 2600 lumens and 3 23w CFLS also at 2700k for flowering.

My spouse and I are going to convert our downstairs shower stall into a temporary growing closet :) I'll post some photos when we get it set up -- the girls can't live on our kitchen counter forever! I'm terrified the cats will find them ...

I've been totting up what I've spent on this first grow so far (all figures Canadian dollars, of course). It adds up quickly!

5 Early Miss Seeds from CKS 65.00
Timer 15.00
Large wattage brood lamp 20.00
2 splitters 5.00
socket, cord and reflector 20.00
4 x 23w cfls - daylight 20.00
Nutes and Smart Pots 60.00
Bag of coco coir, PH stuff 85.00
3x 23w soft white & 1 40w cfl 32.00

TOTAL 322.00

Back
Top Bottom