Golden Teacher & Maui Platinum 1st Mushroom Grow

@Nicholas Flamel the bluing and aborts are from over misting or misting too closely (the cakes look a bit dry in a few photos but tough to say definitively). Mist from up high and let it drizzle down like a light misty rain. Negative on the contamination, you are doing fine just keep them beads up on the surface of the cakes and don't over do it. You have fruits that look healthy so you are doing something right. Keep it Up.

Ok thanks a lot. Almost pitched them lol. I think they are dry also. I don’t think I soaked them very good at the beginning. I’ll get a good mister. The one I’m using suks. Also how much should a newb eat?

My first time MANY moons ago in the 90's I did a half eight with a buddy of mine and we had a ball. I had a line from this hippy lady I worked with (fire greenbud too), and she had a great source of quality cubes back in the day and it was more than enough trust me. I've even had mild visuals that were very movie like, as in I could have had conversations about what was happening at 1.5. Regular Cubes, depending on what you want out of it, I like 2g most of the time even to this day. If I go 3.... I know it's going to be a WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE of a Ride and you better be mentally ready for a rollercoaster Up and Down exhilarating and a little scary and might be bumpy along the way. A little fear is a good thing, keeps you on your toes (and is normal during the come up), all out losing your shit, is no bueno in this realm. Start out light, and I would powder down the fruits, freakin' gross eating dry fruits and isn't necessary. Add as little as possible lemon juice that you can stand, and then I add a tiny bit of orange juice (for flavor, or lemon by itself down the hatch), too much juice and your hurl. I hope this helps, BE Safe.

Ok thanks a lot. Almost pitched them lol. I think they are dry also. I don’t think I soaked them very good at the beginning. I’ll get a good mister. The one I’m using suks. Also how much should a newb eat?
As a newb i would say no more than a gram i started with a half .5 then .8 and was good vibing then i tried a whole gram i had to talk myself down lol

As a newb i would say no more than a gram i started with a half .5 then .8 and was good vibing then i tried a whole gram i had to talk myself down lol
My first time MANY moons ago in the 90's I did a half eight with a buddy of mine and we had a ball. I had a line from this hippy lady I worked with (fire greenbud too), and she had a great source of quality cubes back in the day and it was more than enough trust me. I've even had mild visuals that were very movie like, as in I could have had conversations about what was happening at 1.5. Regular Cubes, depending on what you want out of it, I like 2g most of the time even to this day. If I go 3.... I know it's going to be a WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE of a Ride and you better be mentally ready for a rollercoaster Up and Down exhilarating and a little scary and might be bumpy along the way. A little fear is a good thing, keeps you on your toes (and is normal during the come up), all out losing your shit, is no bueno in this realm. Start out light, and I would powder down the fruits, freakin' gross eating dry fruits and isn't necessary. Add as little as possible lemon juice that you can stand, and then I add a tiny bit of orange juice (for flavor, or lemon by itself down the hatch), too much juice and your hurl. I hope this helps, BE Safe.
Lol I’m psyched now. Thanks for the all the advice. Definitely try the lemon. I’ll stick to less than a gram for sure. Here’s what I have so far. They come up 1 or 2 at a time

Just picked the first GT. Maybe I should just eat in fresh right now. :)

Lol I’m psyched now. Thanks for the all the advice. Definitely try the lemon. I’ll stick to less than a gram for sure. Here’s what I have so far. They come up 1 or 2 at a time

Just picked the first GT. Maybe I should just eat in fresh right now. :)
Enjoy your ride and never fear it. Just think of it as going on a new adventure with a few surprises now and then. You’ll be riding that wave 🌊 like a pro surfer 🏄‍♂️. lol CL🍀. :surf::cheesygrinsmiley:

We know many of you are waiting to start your fungi grow journals until we announce the new mushroom sponsors, so I wanted to give you a head's up while the teams are working together to get everything ready for you all.

Meanwhile, if you want to get some gear started ahead of time, our two new sponsors are...

SporeGenetics.com & MidWestGrowKits.com

We are all just as excited as you, and will be posting their ads, contests and giveaways here shortly.

Spread the word! 🍄

it’s been a while but I got the B+ in the so called fruiting chamber for 5 days and nothing yet. Had mushrooms growing out the jars when I opened them up but still waiting. Was thinking about getting a mono tube or something better than this thing I have. Want some more shrooms!!!!! Get some pics in a bit.

Also got some penis envy to start but I’d like to get the fruiting kinks worked out first. I didn’t have any perlite so I just put a wet towel in the bottom for humidity. Temps been 73-75 and humidity 99%.

Back
Top Bottom