Golfer420 - CKS White Widow - Soilless Mix

It's day 18 and I've gone a little radical.

WWA - decided to try and 'mainline'. Topped above the third set and removed everything else. It is a bit frightening and I'm crossing my fingers I can get the plant to look like I've seen in photos :bitingnails: Looking to get a plant with 8 big cola's (or as big as I can get in 30" tent)

WWB - got rid of some fan leaves and started lst to tie down the nodes coming out underneath. Not nearly as radical as WWA and I've done it very similar before, so I'm a bit more comfortable.

Here are a couple of pics. Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

IMG_58538.JPG

WWA
IMG_58528.JPG

WWB
IMG_58518.JPG

Love the weekend :high-five:

Just played a round of golf carrying my Altoid tins. The one on the left is the dwindling supply of Northern Lights buds. The one on the right is the Jack Herer.

Here is how the ladies are doing.

I have learned that the term is not mainlining but flux. So WWA is my experimentation with flux and is being held down with some shirt hangers I trimmed. Trying to get those two nodes to lie down. Any suggestions - please feel free to share :passitleft:

WWB was topped and trimmed a bit. I am using the hangers to hold down the bottom branches and stretch them to the side of the pot.

This should be interesting on when I need to flip the lights. I think WWB is going to get to a point where I have to flip the lights, and WWA will still need more training before I will be able to get 8 colas.:hmmmm:

btw - they smell great already:ganjamon:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Here are some photos:Namaste:

IMG_58694.JPG

20160709-IMG_8556.JPG

20160709-IMG_8561.JPG

20160709-IMG_8559.JPG

20160709-IMG_8562.JPG

20160709-IMG_8566.JPG

Day 22.

Here again I need to kick my stoner self for not doing the proper research. I had read about the flux style somewhere else (under a different term) and unfortunately hadn't stumbled upon anything at 420 until I went ahead and trimmed WWA. Having the main flux a few inches above the soil is going to be a pain. I don't know if I want to go through the trouble of transplanting. I could add a bunch more soil on top - think that's a good idea?

I trimmed WWB a bit. She's a tight little bush that I trimmed a bunch of fan leaves from. I'm also holding down the nodes coming off with the wire hanger to make them stretch out more. Should be interesting :high-five:

Here are a bunch of pictures. The trimmed leaves look good and healthy. I've been feeding consistently with AN trio, rhino skin, calmag, and B52. I think both plants are in good shape.:Namaste:

Thanks for stopping by!

Prior to trim
untitled-8569.JPG

WWA from above
SF-8570.JPG

WWB from above
SF-8571.JPG

WWA
SF-8572.JPG

WWA
SF-8574.JPG

WWA
SF-8579.JPG

WWB after trimming
SF-8582.JPG

Back in the tent
untitled-8583.JPG

Trim leaves
SF-8586.JPG

Did some more trimming tonight. Here we are at day 24. I think this grow will take quite a while. My autos would start flowering at 28-30 days and would finish by 90. I don't think I can flip to flowering for at least 3 or 4 weeks.

That's one benefit of the autos. Quicker turn around time. Also, since WWA is in the same tent with WWB, I can't start WWB into flower without screwing up WWA.

Hopefully the yield makes it worth the time.:Namaste:

IMG_590110.JPG

IMG_58997.JPG

IMG_59009.JPG

Quick update and some pics on day 26

No more trimming for a bit for WWA. She's responding pretty well to the radical trim. Want to give her some time to rebound. I may just go with 6 main colas and not spit another set off the flux.

WWB is looking very bushy and growing solid. Trying to get the bud sites to expand out and opening up the top.

Once WWA looks good I'm flipping. Figuring 3-4 weeks. It will be interesting to see how the yield works with these two ladies.:hmmmm:

Thanks for stopping by!:passitleft:

IMG_59055.JPG

IMG_59039.JPG

IMG_59029.JPG

Day 28.

Everybody doing well. Let the ladies out for a couple of pictures.

WWA - responding well to the latest trim. Going to let her go a week or so before any additional changes

WWB - nice and bushy. Tempted to try topping her.

Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

untitled-8588.JPG

untitled-8590.JPG

untitled-8595.JPG

untitled-8592.JPG

Things are looking mighty green round here...
Me likey!:goodjob:

And the flux goes on......:passitleft:

Day 30 and they were fed tonight. Doing well. WWB smells great when I rub my hands over her. I can even see the trichomes on the leaves (albeit surface dots). Many more than I've seen on the other two strains I grew. The stem on WWB just looks so solid, too.

I reset all the ties on WWA. She now has 8 nodes coming off the main flux plus the two ends. I'm still undecided on when I will just let her grow upwards. Part of me wants to add 2 more nodes but the other side of me wants to get to started with the flower process. I'm thinking two more weeks of stretching the 8 nodes then let it grow vertical for two weeks - starting flower around mid-Aug.

IMG_592612.JPG

IMG_592711.JPG

IMG_592811.JPG

IMG_592911.JPG

One thing about fluxing, or whatever the proper terminoligy might be,, it is like watching paint dry,, takes forever, but looks fabulous,, great drive golfy,, middle of the fairway,, easy chip from there,, good stuff friend,, cheers

Back
Top Bottom