Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

AB... believe me, as soon as is humanly possible they will be in the water.
CF...ohhhhhh the questions will come.. And come dot dot dot and come. I know I need a lot of help, and you know I'm certainly not bashful. Kelley wants me to convey her hello to you as well.
Mr A... pull up a chair, put your feet up and relax. You are more than welcome and your presence is appreciated. All I ask is that you leave my cold Cokes and mycheesy poofs alone :thumb:

do not mess with a dragon,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

Hi Gramps. I'm glad to hear you are about to get the show on the road. This one will be a special grow and I'll be pulling for you.

Curly (formerly BeaverIslander)

Hi everybody! Sorry it's been so long, but some challenges have appeared and have been conquered. Nothing major, but just took some time. My wife, Kelley and I are now legal again, and will be mixing up the soil today. If our schedule remains as planned, the defeat will go into the water tomorrow or Tuesday. I have to check through all of the beans and see if I can find a Northern Light XL Auto. If not, we'll have to do a different strain. Regardless, the seeds will be in the water on Tuesday at the latest and in the soil by Wednesday. Just wanted to let you all know. God bless.

Rock & Roll Grandpa

CC... :thumb:

Okay everybody, here we go!
FINALLLY. Everything is set up again, soil is ready and we just put the seeds in the water. Now I must correct the strains that we are growing. For some reason, we could not find the Northern Lights XL beans. So we are going to be growing White Rhino Auto instead. Also comma I stupidly Miss named the Blue Trickle as Blue Mystic. So, it will be 1 each of Blue Trickle Auto and White Rhino Auto.
Now dot dot dot a stupid question or two. When I place them in the soil, when moistened does that mean just in the area where we're putting the seeds or the whole pot to run off? Also comma I am assuming from what I have read that they should be in total darkness until they sink to the bottom and then be on the lighting schedule for life when you put the seeds in the soil. Am I remembering correctly? I want to thank all of you for your patience while all my little issues and large were resolved. Now. I'm really jazzed!!

Well... We went to get the seeds out of the water and they were both sunk to the bottom. Unfortunately, the blue Trickle was soft and wrinkled. So once again I had to replace that strain with a Polar Express Auto from Fast seeds. So both of these little girls will be fastbuds derived.
The White Rhino will be in the soil within the hour.

hi :hug:

I am happy you have started !!!! :bravo:
We will be here helping out :hug:

Did any pop up over the weekend gramps? Curious minds want to know :popcorn:

Woo Hoo! We're on the way. :)

Grandpa, was the blue trickle actually Blue Treacle? I hope your reader spells that as
t r e a c l e

I just received some of that strain as freebies if it's spelled treacle.

Too bad that didn't make it.

Looking forward to the progress here!

:circle-of-love:

I had plenty of time to read and learn what I can. I don't want to appear a complete idiot that has no business doing this. There is a lot to learn, actually compared to 1970s growing. Good old bag seeds
And Youthful ignorance! ;p.

Hi Gramps,
You got me with that line about the 70's. I relate, and just started my first indoor grow since then.
I won't be of any help, but I'm along for the ride.
:peacetwo:

AB... I have a feeling the hardest work is behind us. It can't be that difficult from here on in.
Boom...Welcome! Pull up a chair and be comfortable.
CB... I wish I could say that they did. Not yet, unfortunately. But when we took the Polar Express out of the water this morning, that Taproot was already peeking out. Obviously it went into the soil immediately.
CF...it was a Blue Trickl Sorry if my voice to text didn't spell it correctly. Gorilla send them as freebies, so it is not a huge loss. I still have eight of them left. :thumb:
SL... yes, things are completely different and technologically driven now a days. No more throwing a handful of seeds from the bag and seen what happened. This is also good exercise for my brain. Please feel free to post your Journal link, if you have one going, here and I'll sit in on yours. Maybe we can each learn things together. If you do, please posted all alone in a separate post so my screen reader can detect and separate it. If there is any other text in the post, it will not be separated and be close to impossible to click on for me.

So... In summary as of this writing. Seeds are in the soil, the White Rhino is one day ahead of the Polar Express because of the issues. They are in 4 gallon regular pots and on a 18/6 light cycle. We are going a little bit later today to pick up a couple of clip-on fans to place in the corners of the tent so the girls will think they are in a small Breeze and hopefully encourage faster and more vigorous growth. They should also function to circulate the air and keep the temperatures as close together as possible. Don't want to burn my little ones... If this is a bad idea, please tell me.

The way I post a link is to use my browser, go to the journal in the browser, andcopy the web address at the top of the browser. Then paste it into a new post. Hope I didn't confuse you, but that is the only way I know how to do it using an application on a smart phone. Being blind, I can not use a computer any longer. That is... the ones I can use cost well over $3,000. Obviously, cannot dig that much up.

Back
Top Bottom