Harry's 2nd Grow - LST

Ok, I'll have to see about ordering some of the Sea Tea. If you are recommending it, I know it must be good. I don't have any extra cash to throw at this grow so for now, I'm gonna have to make due with what I have.

Thanks Moose!!

Harry

'Preciate it 420!

Just wanted to update my progress. I'm getting ready to flip over to 12/12 on these four female clones. I super cropped the heck out of 'em and they're almost like I want 'em.

I'm gonna just keep 'em in the veg room during the initial stretch, due to the flower room being currently occupied. :smokin:

Here's a couple of pix!!

lstd39_1.jpg

lstd39_2.jpg

lstd39_3.jpg

I read that continuing to use the MH bulb during the stretch could cause the plants to stretch a little less. Is this true or BS? I do have a HPS I can use instead, if needed?

Thanks!!

Harry

I found the post on here where I read about MH helping to limit stretch.

Using MH light exclusively during vegetative and early flower phases will help keep internodal length shorter.

"The light produced by metal halide lamps is in the white-blue spectrum, which encourages vegetative growth and "bushiness" while discouraging upward growth. This is the bulb to use in the first, vegetative phase of plant growth."

HPS bulbs are the preferred lighting source for flowering. However, most HPS bulbs have a harsh and limited light spectrum concentrated in the far red and IR that encourages stretching.
What is stretch and how can I minimize it?

Guess I'll find out if it's true. :smokin:

Thanks!!

Harry

Day 7 of 12/12

Thanks KS!! :peace:

Here we are on Day 7 of 12/12.

They are starting to stretch. I still have them under the 400w MH bulb.

lst_day7flower.jpg

They've been transplanted to 5gal buckets and were given a good feeding.

It will be interesting to compare growing natural and big, as I've done in the 1st journal, to growing using this technique. :smokin:

Harry

Everything is going well, SG. Thanks for asking.

Now that I have a little room in the 600w flowering area, I've moved two of the LST'd plants in there. I've still got two under the 400watt'r but I've now switched over from the MH to the HPS. I kept them under the 400w MH for almost two weeks and it may have helped a little on the stretch but they are still growing. Four of them were getting a too little crowded for that 400w MH light.

I have lots of colas coming up and I'm trying to ensure the plants are trained in such a way as to allow maximum light penetration.

They were female clones from my 1st grow and they are starting to form some baby buds. Pix soon!!

Harry

Update: Day 17 of 12/12

The LST'd clones from my last grow are doing well. They are much lower with the LSTing. Being mostly sativa, they still stretched quite a bit. ;)

Between the four plants, I'm getting 25-30 nice colas (6 or 8 to a plant).

Here's some pix!!

lst-update1.jpg

lst-update2.jpg

They are just starting to build some buds..
lst-update3.jpg

lst-update4.jpg

So far, so good.
439.gif

Harry

Harry, your plants are looking awesome. Nice fat stems. Cant wait to see some shots of the monster colas to come...

Day 33 of Flowering....

Thanks SG and Doctor Dread!!

Here's a few pix at day 33 of flowering. So far, the new soil mixture is working well.

Here's pix of two of the plants. That's all I could get a frame. I have two more. One is under the 400w HPS all by herself until Miss Burley finishes. Then I'll move all four under the 600w HPS and take some more pix. I'm gonna need the veg room soon for my next grow.

lst33dayflw1.jpg

lst33dayflw2.jpg

Some Bud Shots..
lst33dayflw3.jpg

lst33dayflw4.jpg

lst33dayflw5.jpg

Looks like these ladies are gonna stay at 4' - 4.5' with the bucket height included, which is more like what I was looking for.

So far, so good with the LST technique!! :smokin:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom