Harry's Quest For Indica Dominance

Nice to see ya, Minus!! I'm looking forward to seeing your next grow!!

Thanks fly and McBudz. Yeah, getting all the way to cubbing is a long term goal, but it will be interesting growing seeds from all these straight crosses. I should get offspring that display dominant traits from both crossed strains, from phenos looking just like the mom, phenos looking just like the dad, and everything in between. I guess the more seeds you have, the more chances for equal distribution of traits. It should be fun. ;)

Here's some pix of where I'm at now..

This is Lavern. She's been 12/12 for 28 days. I started flowering when she was 22" and she's now 39" so she didn't quite double during the stretch. I just leaned her back a little so it's true "Low" stress training. I do like the way she grows and I think she will produce some nice crosses.

qfiday28-1.jpg

qfiday28-2.jpg

qfiday28-3.jpg

qfiday28-4.jpg

This is the branch on Lavern that I pollinated. You can see the caylaxs starting to swell and seeds begin to form..

qfiday28-5.jpg

Here's Shirley. She's shorter and stockier than Lavern and has been 12/12 for 25 days, where she has grown from 18" to 30". She's a little too short for my tastes. I'd have to veg her a lot longer to get her to 45", which is my target. She'd be a good plant in areas where vertical height is an issue.

qfiday28-6.jpg

Shirley was pollinated as well, and is starting to form seeds.

qfiday28-7.jpg

Here's Fast Betty, the big choco-skunky tasting Sativa. She's only been 12/12 for 18 days and hasn't quite finished stretching.

qfiday28-9.jpg

Here's a pic of all Lavern, Shirley & Fast Betty..

qfiday28-8.jpg

This is Emma (new Sativa strain), another short stocky one. I put her into flower at the same time as Fast Betty, so she's 18 days in..

qfiday28-10.jpg

Last in line is Roxy. She makes really nice cannibat style nugs. This is from the clone of little the mature bud I experimented with, she only has 2 colas but they should be nice ones.

qfiday28-11.jpg

I decided to put her in the flower area for pollination. If I get some extra buds from her, I'll consider it a bonus. I'm really interested to see what kind of crosses I get from this one, as well Fast Betty.

That's about it for now. I have clones getting ready in veg room. Since the seeds won't be ready for the next grow, it will consist of mostly Fast Betty and Roxy clones (Maybe a Lavern), with massive super cropping and medium to high stress training.

Everything is pretty much ontrack. :smokin:

:peace:

Harry

Mr Harry, the garden is looking quite beautiful.. Glad to see some seeds forming. It is really tough to predict how much they are going to stretch or not stretch. I think I have had one or two that have actually doubled or more.. Everything is looking good, you are doing a fine job sir Harry....

Thanks Be. I'm stoked about getting a bunch of offspring from that Indica Dominant male. In the long run, the fact that I got a male could work to my advantage.

You know, the strain I grew in my first two grows would more than triple in height. That's how I ended up with those giants. In the LST grow, I vegged to only 12"-13" and still ended up with 40"+ colas. Lavern & Shirley looked to have a little bit of Indica in them so maybe that is the difference. They don't even double. :(

I wonder how rare it is to have a strain more than triple in height during the stretch?

Have you grown any F1s and do they exhibit the "Hybrid Vigor" I've heard about?

Harry

Both the F-1's I have grown ended up male.... Once I get my pollen reserve built up, I want to start breeding more.. Still just trying to get a feel for as many strains as I can.. Man, The length of your main colas is crazy.. How high above is your light? I just enjoy checking out your pics of the garden Harry.. Beautiful color, crisp lines.. I am really looking forward to see the results of your breeding.. ( I know, it will be awhile ) :roorrip::peace:

Thanks Nunya.

Pan, that sounds like a great cross. I'll lookout for that in your journal.

Sorry to hear about the F1 males, Be IRIE. Bummer. :(

I try to keep my lights 12-15 inches from the tops of the main colas, sometimes a bit closer but much under 12 (say 10 or below) and I can get bleaching and other heat damage. Because I have plants in different stages of development and height, I tend to keep the light fixed and use whatever I can find as risers to keep everything up at about the same level. I've been thinking that by using bricks or blocks of wood (cut 2'x4's), I would have more control when doing that.

Harry

Thanks Dale. I've been enjoying your grow journal as well.

four20friend, I think you might be right about Lavern. I'm really looking forward to getting some beans from her.

Hope you had fun on the slopes, Be IRIE!! I guess you're right. I should do an update so without further ado...

Here's Lavern at day 35 of 12/12. She's now grown to 42", which is just about right.

qfidaty35-1.jpg

She's getting a little frosty.

qfidaty35-2.jpg

qfidaty35-3.jpg

She's heavy with child. Looks like I'm getting quite a few seeds from her..

qfidaty35-4.jpg

Here's Shirley at day 32 of 12/12. She's short and fat at only 33".

qfidaty35-5.jpg

qfidaty35-6.jpg

She's got buns in the oven too!

qfidaty35-7.jpg

Both Lavern and Shirley. Sclemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated

qfidaty35-8.jpg

Looks like Shirley is wanting another dose of N so full strength GB is gonna be added to the TB next time.

This is Emma, the new Sativa strain from flowering clone I took from a buddy. I'll keep an eye on her, just to make sure she doesn't herm out on me. I just pollinated her a couple of days ago. She's 25 days into 12/12 and around 33" tall.

qfidaty35-9.jpg

He said she was stable but you never know. She's a pretty good bush with a nice even canopy.

This is Fast Betty, the choco-skunky Sativa. She's 25 days into 12/12 also but already hitting 42" and she's got more to go. I'll bet a few of her colas hits 50". This strain triples in height during the stretch. I pollinated two branches on her. I want to make sure I get plenty of seeds from this one.

qfidaty35-10.jpg

I pruned off a lot of stuff at the bottom. She tends to produce lots of scrubby stuff down low so I want to keep all that trimmed back, in hopes of stronger colas.

A group shot..

qfidaty35-11.jpg

So, I'm probably halfway home, assuming a 70 day flowering cycle. I guess it's a waiting game for now.

I think I'll just kick back and toke it over :smokin:

Harry

Sexy pics. As beautiful as sinsemilla is, a potent bud burgeoning with the potential for new life is pretty amazing too. And Laverne is just...uh...phallic. Your garden brings many kind thoughts.

Thanks for the kinds words, everyone.

Fly, we have long seasons in Trichsville, too long actually. I think I prefer 5 harvests inside, to the one outside. Of course, if I had a large, secure area outside, it would be a different story. ;)

I'm getting more impressed with Lavern. I'm seeing very nice trich production at only 37 days into 12/12, which is a good sign I think. :smokin:

qfitrich1.jpg

qfitrich2.jpg

Looks like she might produce some really frosty bud. Can't wait to see my crosses with her.

Harry

oh these plants are looking mighty fine, red.

Awesome, good job!

Back
Top Bottom