High Brix

exciting indeed! im most interested in the outcome, this year for me is all about organics and learning, high brix im planning on next year, i use a pump sprayer for all watering and spraying i take my time and water them to perfection, the ones i get i have 3 i get at the local hardware are 1 gallon (holds closer to 2) cost me 9 bux a piece, i load em up with teas and i swear the girls get excited sensing im coming in with my pumps lol but im one of those freaks that thinks we are connected to our universe on a cellular level and think plants,bugs,animals etc can "feel" our intentions and will react accordingly, strange to many ppl but i have my personal experiences that give me the anecdotal data i believe, good enough for me,
i think you are finding a great new/old way to grow these sacred,blessed plants, (you dont wanna hear my theory on why these plants exist on earth, you'll think o k this guys got a screw loose)
what im wondering about is how easy a total novice/newbie will be able to pick up this system your crafting, it seems fairly graspable to my way of thinking, (but i enjoy reading tech/data textbooks) so my perspective may be a little different, its inevitable that droves of new growers will continue at record levels for a long time to come,and a majority will likely want to do organics and such, it would be nifty if there are ways and systems they'll be able to adopt to shorten the learning curve and waste many of us have gone thru.
this really is the best hobby/occupation/lifestyle i have had, i have a massive amount of interest in about any subject, but the best most interesting ppl grow cannabis,
i loves the colors showing on the rock 'n' ckn girls i think seeing those that they are growing well and nutrients are in a good balance, in the past i would have plants ready for harvest still dark green like a young plant from me providing to much N in flower, but im learning lol
great work Doc ,sorry to babble so..im blue cheesed this morning:winkyface::passitleft:

Well, it's all about easy for me. I do all my growing in less than 2 hours per day, including trim. Some days I'm there for 20 minutes, including toke time, other days for 3-4 hours if I'm harvesting.....but simple and easy is definitely something to strive for.

The kit will have a couple choices:

1.) mineral amendment and root innoculant only,
2.) minerals, roots plus drenches and sprays....the full monte.

I'll provide enough to completely amend a bale of Promix and grow eight plants in 7 gallon containers from seed/clone to harvest.

I'll have to source some small, secure, watertight containers and figure some packaging perhaps. If this does what I think it will, once people try it I'm going to have to hire help to keep up with the orders.

Oh...the pricing will be ridiculously low when compared with major nutrient lines.

very nice doc, reps if it lets me, it let me so reps coming your way mate,

Thanks bro! I sure do appreciate it

Doc,

As always bro everything looks amazing!! I plan on ordering a few of those kits so we will have to talk when the time comes. I have quite a few questions to ask but it will have to wait for later when I have the time to sit down and put all my thoughts on paper. Doc I know I commended you in the past but bro ever since XLR8 told me about your threads, I have followed almost religiously. Nothing but the utmost respect.. Take care

Doc,

As always bro everything looks amazing!! I plan on ordering a few of those kits so we will have to talk when the time comes. I have quite a few questions to ask but it will have to wait for later when I have the time to sit down and put all my thoughts on paper. Doc I know I commended you in the past but bro ever since XLR8 told me about your threads, I have followed almost religiously. Nothing but the utmost respect.. Take care

:thanks:

( I always lurk in Xlr8's threads too!)

Doc - as for packaging, how about a small cooler maybe with a spigot that could be reused for teas or drenches. No waste.

Or a 3 gallon pot or bucket with a lid.

Doc - as for packaging, how about a small cooler maybe with a spigot that could be reused for teas or drenches. No waste.

Or a 3 gallon pot or bucket with a lid.

The 3 gallon bucket with the lid is a great package. No need for teas with the new system....but everyone needs a bucket!

OK, so I thought I'd post a bit of an update on the whole state of High Brix growing, as it is unfolding in my garden.

Best Practice:

soil:ProMix HP with 20 lbs pure organic worm castings per bale
Minerals/Rockpowders: A specially formulated "broadcast" that was made for ProMix HP.
Foliar sprays:
Enthuse: Daily or as needed for plant stress, IE transplanting, taking cuttings, pruning, LST, supercropping...basically everything we due to our plants, especially and including environmental stress.

Side note: The most important aspect of growing is the environment! If you can't control your temps at all times, spend your money on fixing that....you'll get more improvement from a perfect environment and decent nutes than you will from perfect nutes and a random environment!

Bloomit: To be used a week before before the photoperiod is cut back and a week after that.
Amaze: To be used weekly beginning when stretch is ending and ending when buds get too dense or a week before harvest.
PGR: To be used with Bloomit and Amaze.
BrixBlaster: To be used weekly after 5 or 6 sets of leaves up until time of harvest.

A fine 20 micron mist is perfection in foliar sprays. We do not want to hose them down, or get them dripping wet. Invest in a good sprayer!

Soil Energy (Feeding)

Seed starts, rooted cuttings, transplants: Begin with liberal application of a root inoculation. The one I'm using now is from the same folks who make the broadcast and do the soil tests.

Microbial product: Z-Hume. This stuff is stupidly strong. A pint would be enough for 3 people with very large grows for a year.
Soil drench: Perk-Up and OND. The former is largely Calcium Nitrate and trace elements. The latter is a fish hydrolysate and trace elements. Perk-up is used every 2-4 weeks, while OND is used only at transplant time.

That's IT!!!!!

Things to avoid:

Homemade, guestimated foliar sprays.
Compost
Manure
Guano
Diatomacious earth
"other" microbial products, humic acid, etc.

Second Best practice:

ProMix HP
6-5-3 poweders as listed elsewhere
Azomite
Nature's Own tea at about 20:1
Amaze, Bloomit, PGR
Rock n Chicken
Worm Castings, 20 lbs per bale

Please, please don't go out and invent your own "carbo load" foliar sprays or anything like that. You're pretty much guaranteed to have a problem.

First off I would like to say, Dammit doc you have outdone yourself again!!! Your girls, as always are looking amazing, but this last batch looks even more vibrant and colorful than the last!!!

Have you tested your brix readings yet?

First off I would like to say, Dammit doc you have outdone yourself again!!! Your girls, as always are looking amazing, but this last batch looks even more vibrant and colorful than the last!!!

Have you tested your brix readings yet?

Hey Ice!

It sure is nice to see you around these parts! Welcome to the new journal!

Yes, the new soil is better by far. I made one mistake with feeding, basically gave them about 30 times more than they should have gotten, but other than a bit of leaf twisitng they recovered very well. The buds are more advanced and frostier than with previous soils and I really like the structure of the plants.

I did a total of 3 brix readings so far.

The old soil was clocking in between 12 and 17 and the new stuff was at 15 in the dark. I tested it when pruning and I'm not going to test it again till the next pruning, where it will have had weeks of foliar feeding in the right soil, so everything will be tracking.

I do have a couple observations so far; brix above 16 seems to be pest free, below that not so much. I do have a bit of bug pressure on a couple plants and their readings were the lowest. (one of them is in a one gallon pot) The plants with the highest readings in two cases are touching the weak plant and they have no bug pressure at all. I still haven't felt like I needed to spray for mites.

Anyways, I'll get some pics up pretty soon, things are definitely going well. It appears to have the potential of being my best grow yet.

Hey Docbud, do you have plans of testing the flowers for brix levels? I was just thinking if your growing grapes, you would test the grapes not the leaves, when they were available for testing right? I was also wondering if you were going to test the thc, cbd, cbn levels compared to lower brix plants? I would think that the levels would go up since you are maximizing the plants genetic potential. Personally I could care less if it was the strongest or not because I medicate for anxiety/depression, but I know others medicate for pain and the stronger it is the better their results seems to be with higher levels of these chemicals.

Curious George here signing off!

I feel like I am breeding gnats and not growing weed at times. Constant battle to destroy the little buggers. Obviously my brix are not getting high enough :(

Been there, done that! Mosquito dunks worked well, along with the yucca extract. It's unfortunate that so many soils come preloaded with gnats.......and the gnats love fungus......and your soil is alive with fungus, etc.

Mosquito dunks work very well.

Hey Docbud, do you have plans of testing the flowers for brix levels? I was just thinking if your growing grapes, you would test the grapes not the leaves, when they were available for testing right? I was also wondering if you were going to test the thc, cbd, cbn levels compared to lower brix plants? I would think that the levels would go up since you are maximizing the plants genetic potential. Personally I could care less if it was the strongest or not because I medicate for anxiety/depression, but I know others medicate for pain and the stronger it is the better their results seems to be with higher levels of these chemicals.

Curious George here signing off!

I'm sure I'll take readings of some smaller buds at harvest time, but leaf readings are more practical.

It is unclear as to whether high brix plants are more potent in terms of THC, CBD, etc. HOwever, I can say that while raw horsepower may or may not be different between expertly grown hydro and high brix, the profile of terpenes in the high brix weed is more complex, the taste is much different, and the high is much smoother with high brix.

The best part is that with the high brix weed you can smoke as much as you want. No racing heart, no anxiety, no headache....the more you smoke, the better you feel.

doc do you think really healthy plants grown in 100% organics would have this improved high you speak of? i mean i have noticed a difference in my meds from reg to organics, the aroma and high is nicer, with organics, my next harvest will tell me alot about my soil mix and organics i use, i noticed they have had the leaf shine most of the grow so hmmm
the girls sure look good your defo gonna have amazing smoke again:thumb:

How do you define really healthy plants?

I've grown some pretty nice all organic stuff, some of it could qualify as "really healthy." It was potent, tasted really nice, etc.

However, it was nothing like the high brix weed. The first time I did a whole crop with the minerals and other doodads the very first hit off the bong screamed: "This is not normal weed. It's different. "

There was very little flavor, and I could hardly tell I got a hit it was so smooth. My mouth and lips tasted sweet and the "buzz" was more like light. Very smooth, comfortable and strong. There isn't anything like it.

So, if you did 100% organic high brix---which is pretty much what I do----you're gonna get the high brix high. But just straight organics may not get you there....depending on what's in the soil.

I agree with Doc, the dodads make for a completely different smoking experience, when you exhale its almost like you say "holy shit I took that big of a hit" as you blow out a massive cloud without even a whimper of a cough. It doesn't make you go retarded stoned, clear and clean is what I noticed the most, like doc said "the more you smoke the better you feel" is spot on, this is getting high, not stoned. :passitleft:

No flavor? I think I might have to grow at least one plant the old way because I love, I mean really love the taste of great weed. just not the coughing and lung exspansion, rapid pulse. I have read where the sulphur in epsom salts may bring out some of the nice flavors in mmj. Is there any science behind that? If so could you give it in a foliar spray without disrupting the ratios in the high brix recipe?

Back
Top Bottom