How many plants can I grow in a 2x4x7 grow tent

For a new grower I think that would be a lil optimistic perhaps.

Sent from my android from outer space!

Why, those photos and yield was my 1st grow ever.. I never had grown any cannabis prior to this.... that is why I posted it... very possible
-----------------

Other points to OP I forgot to mention...

Also, the reason I recommend more than 2 plants is because to get 2 plants to fill a 2x4 tent will require some long veg time, vs having more plants to fill that space which would be less veg time, quicker turn around.

Also if something goes wrong, and a plant dies, or gets infected or something... its much better to have more than 1 backup so you don't lose 1/2 of your grow... if you lose 1 of 6 plants, you are only losing a small fraction of the plants.

As mentioned above, by doing the same strain or limiting it to 1 or 2 strains its much easier to take care of then by doing more than 2 strains at a time. Since each plant variety has different water use, different growth rates, different nutrient needs, the more strain types grown at once, the more difficult to balance out the feedings... etc...

As my photos show, a "scrog" or screen of green can really make good use out of a small tent by allowing a plant to grow horizontal instead of vertical, and this spreads out the canopy for better light absorption.

There isn't a right or wrong answer though... as long as your plants aren't overcrowded you will be fine. The less plants, the more veg time it will take to fill your grow... the more plants the less veg cycle time.

Icemud, what was the veg time on that grow? That is a really good use of the space. I like your u-shaped scrog. Veey nice indeed bro. Hats off

Icemud, what was the veg time on that grow? That is a really good use of the space. I like your u-shaped scrog. Veey nice indeed bro. Hats off

Thanks for the compliments... I was mindblown that I did this my 1st grow... pays to do the research ahead of time :) Thanks for the good words! I am really considering pulling the scrog back out... I removed it because I was doing a lot of LED light tests and wanted to replicate a more common method of growing. But I miss having such a beautiful screen of nugs...LOL and much larger yields

So these plants in the photo were from clone (about 5" tall in rockwool). From the time they were transplanted into soil, and to 12/12 flip it was about 50 days or about 7 weeks of veg which for me is my average. I figure to veg for an extra few weeks to get a lot more yield is worth it to me :)

No need to veg more than 3 weeks from clone or 5 in seed to get max numbers per square meter based on 4 plants per square meter. Unless you grow in soil.

5 weeks veg from day of germination is more than enough time to minimum get 500grams per square meter. Growing in coco or hydro that is.

The only beneft to more plants is you could run different strains and if you have a problem you will have a back up. However there enough info on this site to get anyone through a grow and address any possible issues.

I'm growing from clone I've always gone around 5 week it fills my space I might flip next few days and see what the difference actually is

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Why, those photos and yield was my 1st grow ever.. I never had grown any cannabis prior to this.... that is why I posted it... very possible
-----------------

Other points to OP I forgot to mention...

Also, the reason I recommend more than 2 plants is because to get 2 plants to fill a 2x4 tent will require some long veg time, vs having more plants to fill that space which would be less veg time, quicker turn around.

Also if something goes wrong, and a plant dies, or gets infected or something... its much better to have more than 1 backup so you don't lose 1/2 of your grow... if you lose 1 of 6 plants, you are only losing a small fraction of the plants.

As mentioned above, by doing the same strain or limiting it to 1 or 2 strains its much easier to take care of then by doing more than 2 strains at a time. Since each plant variety has different water use, different growth rates, different nutrient needs, the more strain types grown at once, the more difficult to balance out the feedings... etc...

As my photos show, a "scrog" or screen of green can really make good use out of a small tent by allowing a plant to grow horizontal instead of vertical, and this spreads out the canopy for better light absorption.

There isn't a right or wrong answer though... as long as your plants aren't overcrowded you will be fine. The less plants, the more veg time it will take to fill your grow... the more plants the less veg cycle time.

I'm leaning towards 3 plants and will definitely SCROG. Makes sense to stay with 1 strain as well. I've got 3 CS Dark Angels germinating. Looking forward to the grow. Just got separated (ex didn't want me smokin) so this has been a long time coming. :)

You be looking at 250-300grams dry from 600w of actual power in that space. Can grow high quality fast also. Doesnt need to take forever to grow.
This is disheartening... I read everywhere that 50W of actual power was recommended for square foot. I was having a hard time getting the 400W of actual power.

I have a Mars Hydro LED with 100 actual power, can I pair this with a 300W actual power lamp? or should I return it and pair two 200 actual Watt lamps? I guess it's better to have the lights balance, as an imbalance may affect the crops?

Also, I see a 600W mars Hydro (100 actual Watt) that says comparable to 600W HPS, but there is also a 1500W Vivaspectra (150 actual Watt) that is comaprable to only 400W HPS. So how can we go based on actual watt, if one with lower actual watt yields more than one with less actual watt?

Seems to depend on how or if you train them and then the strain. I started with 3 in a 4X2 and with mild LST on autoflowers, 3 is really too cramped. 2 can use the space while also allowing good airflow.

I have a Mars Hydro LED with 100 actual power, can I pair this with a 300W actual power lamp?

You can mix/match lighting.

Also, I see a 600W mars Hydro (100 actual Watt) that says comparable to 600W HPS, but there is also a 1500W Vivaspectra (150 actual Watt) that is comaprable to only 400W HPS. So how can we go based on actual watt, if one with lower actual watt yields more than one with less actual watt?

"Comparable to" / "Equivalent to" = marketing speak.

Marketing speak = lies.

First time grower and have a 2x4x7 tent on the way. I'll be using LED lighting and planting in soil. How many plants are reasonable for this size tent? Thanks ahead of time :thumb:
I'm using a 2x4x7 gorilla grow tent at the moment with 5 auto's going and they'r just hitting 26 days old. Im using 5 gal fabric pots which in turn may have been slightly larger than I should of went but is also my first grow so im learning things as I go. As of today im noticing a bit of crowding starting but with LST I should squeeze by ok.

I'm using a 2x4x7 gorilla grow tent at the moment with 5 auto's going and they'r just hitting 26 days old. Im using 5 gal fabric pots which in turn may have been slightly larger than I should of went but is also my first grow so im learning things as I go. As of today im noticing a bit of crowding starting but with LST I should squeeze by ok.
20230403_072030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom