How to induce stretch

wilson2

hi I clone 2-3 weekd, move to veg room 7-8 weeks, move to flower room 10weeks. I cant always get the plant to fill out the screen in the flower room. I have tried turning the heat up and fans off. With other strains this has worked well, I dont want to change strains as everything else about the grow is good. If I manage to fill the frame well I get 1.5-2lb a grow if I dont fill the frame I get 1-1.5 lb a grow. It would be nice to consistantly fill the frame by encouraging the plant to stretch during the flip. The room has a reverse cycle air con which enables me to heat the plants, I have been turning the extraction fans off as I had this happen by mistake once and plants (not this strain) stretched off their heads. Any advice appreciated. wilson

Add Far Red light... will help create more stretch...

The higher the ratio of Red:Far red, the less stretch
The lower the ratio of Red:Far Red the more stretch

im using dwc. after reading up on lights i believe i should only have the bloom on and have the lights raised to 24inches. ive turned the fans back on but left the heat on. hopefully this will do it

Leave both switches on. You want as much light as possible imho. I talked with Deville & others & the general consensus was: Grow + Bloom for flower. Many guys have them both on for the whole grow except germination.

Ian

ok both switches are on the fans are on the heats set at 30-32 C and the light are 24* inches above the canopy. did the flip about 12 days ago with no sign of strerch or filling the screen after 3 days of trying to get them to stretch they have started once the screen is full back to 26-28 and 12 inch height above canopy . thanks everyone wilson

By raising the lights higher the more they stretch towards the light

This is what I was recently thinking.. glad to know I made the right call.. I'm in veg and want to induce some stretching too

Back
Top Bottom