HutchBenedict Grows Ace Seeds Purple Haze x Malawi

I have no idea what that bug is. Do they come off the stem easy? Can you get it under a loupe without damaging it? Hopefully it's only one.
No, had to scrape it off with fingernail. There were 2 one day and another one a few days later. Didn't recognize anything like it in common cannabis pest articles. Almost like a very tiny snail. Oh well, time will tell, just wish I could identify it before the major infestation starts. Like finding a cockroach, "It's ok there was only one."

OK, it sounds like barnacle or wax scales. You can do a search to see if that's the same thing.
1601602439373.png

How to Identify Barnacle Scales / Wax Scales
These unusual bugs hang out on your stems and under your leaves without moving. Scale insects suck the life out of stems and leaves, weakening your plant if the infestation gets out of hand. They may also release a sweet sticky substance known as “honeydew” (similar to aphids) which can attract ants and cause dark patches of sooty mold to appear on your plant. Luckily, scales aren’t the worst bugs for cannabis plants as they are relatively easy to remove, but you should get rid of them as soon as you notice them.

Wax scale insects are like barnacles on your plants. They gather on your stems and leaves but basically stop moving once they find a spot they like.

OK, it sounds like barnacle or wax scales. You can do a search to see if that's the same thing.
1601602439373.png

These unusual bugs hang out on your stems and under your leaves without moving. Scale insects suck the life out of stems and leaves, weakening your plant if the infestation gets out of hand. They may also release a sweet sticky substance known as “honeydew” (similar to aphids) which can attract ants and cause dark patches of sooty mold to appear on your plant. Luckily, scales aren’t the worst bugs for cannabis plants as they are relatively easy to remove, but you should get rid of them as soon as you notice them.

Wax scale insects are like barnacles on your plants. They gather on your stems and leaves but basically stop moving once they find a spot they like.
Oh no

1601602439373.png

Oh F**k! I really don't want to start spraying again!

1601602439373.png

Sweet mother of horror!

They sound awful!

Hey all! It's been a week since last update and so far I haven't seen anything else that looks like a bug. :)

She continues to grow about an inch a day and is now just a couple inches from my light which is as high as it will go.
Day F32-1.JPG

Day 13. She is 47" high. Very lanky but lots of bud sites. It's hard to believe that she will need another 80+ days!

Here are some more pics from today:
Day F32-2.JPG
Day F32-3.JPG
Day F32-4.JPG
Day F32-5.JPG
Day F32-7.JPG
Day F32-8.JPG

Fed another 5 litres, this time with Mega Crop at 5g/gallon, up from 4.5g at last feeding. Lower leaves looked hungry but overall she looks about right.

See you again soon! Thanks for taking a look!

I wonder what would happen if I just cut them off? I've been tempted but they are filling in so nicely.
Geez, I dunno. I don't recall anyone doing it here to remember what happened. I've supercropped in flower before and they continue with no problem. You may have to keep a light weight to hold the branch down.

Hello folks! Here's another update on this Purple Haze x Malawi:

Day F33-1.JPG
Day F33-3.JPG

Day 14 - Super-cropped the two tallest colas to keep them from growing into the light.

Day F34-1.JPG

Day 15 - of course they want to straighten-up. Added a little weight to help keep them down.

Day F37-1.JPG

Day 18 - Put four sticks around the outer edge of the pot and used ribbon to tie around them to enclose the plant. She was spreading out and weaker stems wanted to fall over. Good now. Fed again today at 5.0g/gallon.

Day F41-01.JPG

Day 21 - The weights I used didn't help much, colas turned almost straight up again. Too woody now to try heavier weights without really getting in there squeezing and twisting. I tried but there was little give and I don't want to break them off.

Here are a few pictures of the developing buds
Day F41-02.JPG
Day F41-03.JPG
Day F41-04.JPG

Today, day 22, upped the feed to 5.5g/gallon from 5.0. Leaves have been falling from the bottom and there are yellowing leaves...
IMG-7062.JPG

Can this happen from lack of light as well?

That light up top is only 150W and by the time you get to the mid canopy the LUX is down to 250 or so and about 100 where that leaf is. Should I get the Mars Hydro TS 600W (100W actual) to put up there along side the TS 1000 clone?

See y'all next time, thanks for all the support and thanks for dropping by!

Can this happen from lack of light as well?
Yes, it sure can. There is room for you on the feed so there's no harm in increasing as you did anyhow. I don't go higher than 5.5g. If I feel I need to then I'm looking at other issues, and not food related. Great looking buds Hutch!

Back
Top Bottom