HutchBenedict Grows Ace Seeds Purple Haze x Malawi

It won't hurt, and it can help the lower buds too. See how it goes first.

Thanks I needed someone to say "yes, it's ok to spend the money", lol, though I could be paraphrasing what you actually said.

I guess the only thing that concerns me about another light is that neither are adjustable so the buds at the top will probably get fried. I guess if it's too much I can just turn one off or lower one and figure out a way to shine it on the mid canopy.

Growing this plant has been a good experiment. I now know that a 4 foot plant is probably just too much for me. I also know that this strain doesn't have to be that tall. A three gallon pot and minimal training would work or a five gallon pot like this with topping and our usual LST would be fine.

If I can keep this thing alive for the next 60 days I'll finally get to try a pure sativa and see if it's worth the four-month commitment!

though I could be paraphrasing what you actually said.
lol, it works for me!
I've seen many hang fixtures on an angle. You drop it below the canopy then use the chains/ropes with the hangers to angle it 45 degrees towards the plants.
Really the bottom leaves can die off. The tops will have enough to keep the plant happy so there's no harm in not having an extra light in there.

Aside from the yellowing leaves, I think your plant looks lovely, Hutch :)

I think this stage in the grow is my favourite. The hairs look so delicate and pretty.
Thank you! I'm pretty infatuated with her, she's so wispy with those pencil-thin leaves and 5" node spacing.

I don't see any progression of the yellowing today so the added food may be working, should know better in a day or two. If it's light related I'm hoping the yellowing will stop where she's getting enough light. I've decided to not get another light during this grow.

Hope all is well with you Trala!

Thank you! I'm pretty infatuated with her, she's so wispy with those pencil-thin leaves and 5" node spacing.

I don't see any progression of the yellowing today so the added food may be working, should know better in a day or two. If it's light related I'm hoping the yellowing will stop where she's getting enough light. I've decided to not get another light during this grow.

Hope all is well with you Trala!
She Is lovely :)

Well that’s good news.

Since you asked... if I was any more fabulous I‘d pee glitter, shit fairybread and fart rainbows!

(sorry a coworker says that to me every shift I work with him and I’ve been dying to use it in context. Today it finally happened)

Hello folks! Here's another update on this Purple Haze x Malawi:

Day F33-1.JPG
Day F33-3.JPG

Day 14 - Super-cropped the two tallest colas to keep them from growing into the light.

Day F34-1.JPG

Day 15 - of course they want to straighten-up. Added a little weight to help keep them down.

Day F37-1.JPG

Day 18 - Put four sticks around the outer edge of the pot and used ribbon to tie around them to enclose the plant. She was spreading out and weaker stems wanted to fall over. Good now. Fed again today at 5.0g/gallon.

Day F41-01.JPG

Day 21 - The weights I used didn't help much, colas turned almost straight up again. Too woody now to try heavier weights without really getting in there squeezing and twisting. I tried but there was little give and I don't want to break them off.

Here are a few pictures of the developing buds
Day F41-02.JPG
Day F41-03.JPG
Day F41-04.JPG

Today, day 22, upped the feed to 5.5g/gallon from 5.0. Leaves have been falling from the bottom and there are yellowing leaves...
IMG-7062.JPG

Can this happen from lack of light as well?

That light up top is only 150W and by the time you get to the mid canopy the LUX is down to 250 or so and about 100 where that leaf is. Should I get the Mars Hydro TS 600W (100W actual) to put up there along side the TS 1000 clone?

See y'all next time, thanks for all the support and thanks for dropping by!
They do look prestine, Hutch, I hammered mine with aphid spray and missed that or it sure feels like it was ages ago lol

I am just asking here, but if you supercrop those tallest branches, couldn't you attempt to secure them to the pot with string, wire or a pipe cleaner? Maybe if you're gentle and squeeze that branch down lower you could redirect those...

Thanks I needed someone to say "yes, it's ok to spend the money", lol, though I could be paraphrasing what you actually said.

I guess the only thing that concerns me about another light is that neither are adjustable so the buds at the top will probably get fried. I guess if it's too much I can just turn one off or lower one and figure out a way to shine it on the mid canopy.

Growing this plant has been a good experiment. I now know that a 4 foot plant is probably just too much for me. I also know that this strain doesn't have to be that tall. A three gallon pot and minimal training would work or a five gallon pot like this with topping and our usual LST would be fine.

If I can keep this thing alive for the next 60 days I'll finally get to try a pure sativa and see if it's worth the four-month commitment!
i bet its worth it, i suppose I'd look into a vertical light bar. a full sativa is like restoring a vintage auto, a longer journey to coolness but the coolness is so much better lol

They do look prestine, Hutch, I hammered mine with aphid spray and missed that or it sure feels like it was ages ago lol

I am just asking here, but if you supercrop those tallest branches, couldn't you attempt to secure them to the pot with string, wire or a pipe cleaner? Maybe if you're gentle and squeeze that branch down lower you could redirect those...
That's a fantastic idea! I did exactly that and I added another stick to tie the stem to.
Day F45-8.JPG
Day F45-9.JPG

That really helps! And I can tighten the ribbons to bring the colas down further in a day or two.

That's a fantastic idea! I did exactly that and I added another stick to tie the stem to.
Day F45-8.JPG
Day F45-9.JPG

That really helps! And I can tighten the ribbons to bring the colas down further in a day or two.
:cheer: awesome!

Hi Ms. K! Things are going great here. Not much change but the buds are looking a little bigger, maybe. Today is day 54 from the flip which I'm calling the official half-way point! Only 54 more to go! Day 34 of flower.
Day F51-1.JPG
Day F51-2.JPG
Day F51-3.JPG
Day F51-5.JPG
your plant gets Best Dressed in my book :laughtwo:

Hi Ms. K! Things are going great here. Not much change but the buds are looking a little bigger, maybe. Today is day 54 from the flip which I'm calling the official half-way point! Only 54 more to go! Day 34 of flower.
Day F51-1.JPG
Day F51-2.JPG
Day F51-3.JPG
Day F51-5.JPG
She looks to be packing it on in all the right places, Hutch!
If I wasn't so bold I wouldn't suggest bending her over lower and (if it was me, I tend to be impulsive) if there is a piece of stem higher up bring that new growth back down, like move your ribbon 4 inches higher... :bong: like I said, she looks real good, you do you!

You tell him chick!

WE DEMAND IT HUTCH!
:thumb: I maybe have seen him on and was wondering if I was too bold, bestie!
Then I thought, nah, lets go poke him. Hope things are good, Hutch!

Back
Top Bottom