Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

My wife found this place its like a dream come true. We dont have any utility bills other than internet. In Philly we were paying a lot of money cost me $300+ monthly just for electric not counting water or gas for heat.

Even if/when the grid goes down we will still have lighting (battery backup) and that will run for a day or 2 without grid. The electric company stopped sending me a bill. Which is weird not complaining but I think they owe us money! We generate more than we consume. I still have to figure out how to get a cash credit! lol

They have a local wind turbine company that makes them for residential/farm use. With a large enough solar array you wont need extra but it'd be nice to have backup plan B
Yes the electric company will need to pay you if you're sending power their way.
In the UK people who have solar have a meter recording what they return to the grid, they then recieve a payment.
I think you might want to install your own meter then start sending a bill to the electric company.
How much were they charging you for a kw....:hmmmm:;):idea::idea::rofl:

I don't know about your state Bob, but in Mass we are capped with the size we can have and still get paid the full amount from the electric company.

If we have less than a 15kw system.....it will pay us the max rate for excess energy produced. But if you have a system larger than 15kw for residential they knock down the amount they will pay you less than 10% of what full rate is. I'm sure each state is different with their regulations and requirements.

It's May! Spring is here!

So here's the latest HYENA'S GROW HOUSE update!

Well, this week's visit is juicy...I'm making this look easy. :laughtwo: I can't take full credit as Ma Nature is working very hard in these tents...

Every cola from wall to wall is chunky and getting chunkier. For a 50-50 Sativa/Indica it has nice overall charcteristics. Good development down the branch, super sweet aroma, very sticky, orange hair, even sprinkling of purple here and there. I'm having such an easy time with these girls.

Here's a few shots:

Going to give this ten more days because the trichs are all still clear. I think it will be a fat haul by a week from Monday. The humidity is up there so I cranked up the fans, pulled fan leaves for the last time and gave them their last big drink of nutes. We will go to pure water for the final week and that will be more than enough to get them tasting pure danky. This will be a very nice crop!

In tent #2 we are a week into 12/12:

And as always, I don't know if I should have waited another week... Still 2-3 weeks to stretch but I'm just saying I hope they do. It seems like I never quite get the canopy height perfect. I'd love them a foot higher, that's all and they will probably do that. I probably removed 250 fan leaves and now all the branches possible are in the light and this hedge should start to strengthen up and flower.

Then looked in on their sisters, the clones...

Sure thing, they are all looking good and starting to produce roots! This cloning thing is so easy a caveman could do it. The lower temperature I have them at is slowing the process some but it's working fine and that's actually perfect. I want them ready in two weeks, not before. Looks like it will be just right. :ganjamon:

As always I clipped a bud from the flower tent to dry for sampling...one frosty nugget!

Yes, in 2 weeks this crop will be massive. Not looking forward to three days of intense hell trimming it up but hey, that's part of the deal. Hopefully Florida will open up a bit just in time for us to get down there Thursday. Then back up to the forest of fun for some "shear" enjoyment. It's so lush and thick I don't even know what's in there...

Never know who you'll meet in the forest. :oops:

Have a great weekend!

Peace, Hyena

Hey Hyena I’ve read that defoliating during the flowering stretch can reduce the amount they stretch. For that reason, true or not, I always defoliate a few days before the flip and then wait until it’s done as I also have had trouble getting the height I want.

Hey Hyena I’ve read that defoliating during the flowering stretch can reduce the amount they stretch. For that reason, true or not, I always defoliate a few days before the flip and then wait until it’s done as I also have had trouble getting the height I want.

Yes I have heard that too but the flip side is, these leaves are SO BIG, every one completely blocks a new branch so my rule has become only pull a fan that obscures a bud site. Hopefully the addition of all those branches to daylight will offset the loss of all those leaves. My guess is anything we do within reason will be just fine...cannabis always grows and grows and grows....you can't stop this shit.

Peace, Hyena

Yes I have heard that too but the flip side is, these leaves are SO BIG, every one completely blocks a new branch so my rule has become only pull a fan that obscures a bud site. Hopefully the addition of all those branches to daylight will offset the loss of all those leaves. My guess is anything we do within reason will be just fine...cannabis always grows and grows and grows....you can't stop this shit.

Peace, Hyena

I always find myself popping a couple leaves per plant here and there as well, I just can’t help it!

Peace, Hyena
I get wild with defoliating myself
Once I start ill usuallyy end up with 1 or 2x5 gallon pails of leaves by the time I'm finished :smokin:I've got bad OCD tho.

BEFORE
About 3 weeks since flip
20200428_160910.jpg

AFTER
(Like 5 minutes after defoliation)
20200429_113104.jpg

This is a few days after defoliation
Seems the stress definately works in my favour
At about 4 weeks into flower.

20200430_072225.jpg

I spent about 6 hours stripping down 22 plants. If it ain't attached directly to a bud site I strip it.
Plants seem to like it. I get bud sites and fully developed buds all the way down to the stem that way. Id like to try lolipopping next to get buds to the top more tho see what all the fuss is about.

Okay, here's a belated (but oh so sincere)

HYENA'S GROW HOUSE update!

Been out of touch but it's becuz I went to Florida with the wifey last Thursday and we had a GREAT time! Thanks for asking.

So my final visit to the Grow Haus was Wednesday and I liked what I saw!

This room of buddage is popping! Yes it's beautiful and the smell, while not skunky (this is a very sweet variety) it still has that rich aroma of pulsating cannabis colas tightly packed in a small space. Delicious!

Here's a few snaps of these buds...

You can see a singular banana on that last bud, I have snipped about a half-dozen in the past couple weeks...I am under no illusion that a plant whose parent resulted from a hermie flower would still have a little of that trait so as they say in Mexico, no surpriso. And it's also unrealistic to think there isn't a small undetected banana somewhere I haven't noticed. Oh well...Having made the decision to let it go another 9 days, I felt the additional swelling would outweigh the growing risk of significant seedage. No choice now! Hopefully there won't be any real issue with seeds.

In tent #2 the Indica family was in week 2 of 12/12...

It's so green it's like a screen saver.

There was no real pistil explosion quite yet but again these shots were 6 days ago...tomorrow I expect to see a whole lot of white hairy action!

Turning to the clone closet...

WOW, an amazing explosion of roots on every one! I was out of time or I would have probably engineered a way to put them into Grodan cubes and let them gain a foothold in them. I hope tomorrow when I want to do that they can do it without damage, there might be too many roots to use a cube by then!

We will know tomorrow. So since I am having a big shed built today I delayed the trip North to do the three-day chopathon, I will go tomorrow and then it's slaughterhouse for at least a couple solar cycles. I'm ready!!

I will post a report when I get back. Hopefully my fingers won't fall off from using those little scissors!

Meanwhile, I will get stoned...

Explains a lot, I'm afraid. :ganjamon: Keep your world green!

Peace, Hyena

Highya HM,

Love your update! The colas are looking as I expected; huge, many, and very frosty! The clone room will look like this one in a couple months!! Also love the clone update! I think I'd go hempy until they find their grow home. Happy Snippin'

Hey buddy so in your cloner is it just water and are the misters on a timer? Cheers and mate that garden looks on fire

Hi Kiwiman, thanks for stopping by!

I am using a small amount of Clonex and a very small shot of grow nutes in the res, and the sprayers just go 24/7. It's VERY dilute because of the 25 gallon supplemental reservoir. Plus I also sprayed the leaves twice with that clone foliar spray. Frankly I'm blown away by the amount of roots and can't imagine what I might have to untangle tomorrow!

Next report will be HUGE!

Peace, Hyena

Plants are looking great man and it seems your cloning game is on point.

Glad you had a good time in FL. I figured that’s why we hadn’t heard from you. My mother in-law just moved back here from FL. I’m ready to send her back. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Can I bother you for a little more advice? My plants are starting to put off a lot of odor and I’m going to exhaust outside my building. UPS and FedEx unload within 30-40yds from the building and I’d rather them not be aware of my activities. What kind of filter you running in your tents? I’m prepared to spend some money on this just want to make sure I’m getting my moneys worth.

Back
Top Bottom