Icemud's Grow 5.0 - Perpetual Grow - Gas Lamp Routine - Mineralized Soil

Hey everyone...just a quick feeding update. Pics will follow later tonight when the lights come on.

MY girls in my veg tent are getting thirsty again so I decided to get some Earthjuice tea bubbling. I mixed up 5gallons of R/O water with:

100ml of EJ Grow
40ml of 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
30ml of 2-3-1 hydrolyzed squid
40ml of EJ Catalyst
30ml of EJ micro
40ml of 10-0-0 10% cal with micronutrients
30ml of humic acid
30 ml of fulvic acid.
30ml of SNS systematic pest control.

This will get bubbled overnight and most likely will feed them tomorrow.

Will do a photo update of both tents later tonight.

So today is day 32 of flowering and so I decided to take a look at both tents as well as shoot some photos.

My Veg tent is coming along and so far it seems I have won the battle with the spider mites. I completely eradicated the infected blue dream mother a while back since I had a healthy clone rooting and I plan on doing the same with the skywalker mother as soon as I see new growth on the cutting I took a few weeks ago. All of the now vegging clones of my flowering plants are showing good healthy growth minus the hits the leaves took with some of the mite sprays, but I figured they are young and will bounce back healthy. I trimmed up the skywalker OG mother and left only a few of the best branches on the plant, just in case I have to take another clone or 2 before destroying her. I wanted to get rid of all the dead leaf matter and any left over eggs from the mites that may be remaining. I didn't see any roaming around but I did give the veg tent a good spray of the Bonide BonNeem fungicide/incecticide/miticide just to make sure since those buggers have a 30 day life cycle.

Overall the veg tent is coming along. I plan on potting up some new soil soon for the remaining cuttings that I have in the red plastic party cups. I have one pre98 bubba who surprisingly has remained happy and short for over a couple months in the red cup, as well as a newly vegging Ogiesel, and the newly cut skywalker Og. I also will still have to clean out the tent, spray the walls and floor just to rid any other possible pesties. But so far the sprays and soil drenches are working well. I also did some more LST on all of the girls that are now vegging and they are really starting to branch out. Trying to get them full for when they hit flowering, I don't want them getting as tall this round. :)

Here are the before and after the defoliation of the pre98 bubba and severe chopping of the skywalker og
DSC07006.JPG
DSC07007.JPG
DSC070161.JPG
DSC07020.JPG

GSC right, cherry pie left
DSC070092.JPG

OGiesel
DSC07011.JPG

Ogiesel back right, Pre98 bubba front left
DSC070102.JPG

University Hill's OG
DSC070122.JPG

Blue Dream
DSC07013.JPG

SFV OG
DSC070141.JPG

Pre98 Bubba, not sure if I am going to flower this one out, or mother it and keep it around.
DSC070151.JPG
DSC07018.JPG
DSC07019.JPG

My Skywalker OG (chopped)
DSC07017.JPG

Here is the update of my flowering tent. The girls are looking phenomenol and they are really starting to get larger buds and really packing on the trichomes. The only thing I noticed is still I am seeing a lot of lower leaf yellowing and not sure why since I still have been giving them good doses of N heavy soil drenches. Might just be too little light reaching the lower sites and the leaves are "unneeded".

Upon close inspection of some of my leaves I found 1 thrip running around on my University Hills' og. I instantly killed the bastard and searched around for more. I checked a good 10 leaves or so and didn't see anymore, and hardly any eggs so I decided to hit them with the Bonide Bon-Neem which is an organic pesticide/mitacide/fungicide and since the girls are still early in flower I am not too concerned. I will most likely try the bud washing technique at the end of this grow so most of this stuff if any is left will be washed off. I would much rather spray them now instead of having issues later with them chewing up my plants. I also mixed up a spray bottle of some garlic powder, hot chili powder, cinnanon and peppermint soap which will be used in the next day or 2 to help drive the pesties away from my plants. Overall I didn't see any damage but don't want to wait around until they do...

Other than that I am very impressed with how everything looks...check it out!!

full tent views
DSC07021.JPG

DSC07022.JPG
DSC07023.JPG
DSC070241.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC070251.JPG
DSC07026.JPG

GSC
DSC07028.JPG
DSC070291.JPG
DSC070301.JPG
DSC070421.JPG
DSC07027.JPG

OGiesel
DSC070311.JPG
DSC07032.JPG
DSC07033.JPG

University Hills OG
DSC07034.JPG
DSC07035.JPG
DSC07036.JPG

SFV OG
DSC07037.JPG
DSC07038.JPG
DSC070391.JPG
DSC070401.JPG

Damn they a frosty already gotta love how Hb jacks up Trich production, beautimus!

Hell yea the HB does :) I have to get around to testing the levels this weekend, but I am guessing they are somewhere between 13-16 or so. Definitely starting to learn each plants traits, but still have trouble with the OG's since they seem to be nutrient whores and love N. Other strains are always fine with the N I give them, but OG's nope, there like gold diggers of the weed plants... lol

I think this round I am seeing more trichomes also due to increased K in my foliar feedings. Since in High Brix growing, minimum K is needed in the soil, but K is one of the most used nutrients besides N so I figured an extra dose of foliar with K should bump up the trichome production, and so far this grow it seems to be playing out true :) Im guessing since K is what is in products like snow storm ultra, I think this must be the key :)

This is a great journal. Thanks for taking time for this and the youtube videos.

very nice, covered in trichs all ready,

Happy Tokerday Ice:thumb:

what Cronic said..:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey everyone, I really appreciate the kind compliments!! I am excited that things are looking really good this round and hopefully my luck will continue. Stay tuned because I have a feeling this one will end up pretty impressive. :)

Quick update,

I fed the flowering tent today a Earthjuice/compost tea because these girls are sucking up water fast. Seems that every 3 days the pots are nearly dry and the leaves of my OG's start to sag ever so slightly. All of the plants are looking really healthy but the OG seems to be very much nutrient hogs and really seem to be in need of more N because a lot of the older fan leaves are yellowing and dying, mostly in the lower regions of the plants where the light is not hitting very well.

Yesterday I mixed up 5 gallons of water and bubbled for 24 hours:

1 nylon stocking full of my 3rd generation mineralized soil
30ml of hygrozyme
100ml of EJ grow 3-1-1
60ml of EJ bloom 0-3-1
40ml of 10-0-0 10% cal with micronutrients
30ml of SNS bloom enhancer (kelps and other plant extracts)
30 ml of humic acid
35ml of SNS systematic pest control.
30ml General Hydro Tea extract
1 tbsp of 1-0-3 dry molasses with sulfur
1 tbsp of humboldt mycos maximum (bennies)

This mix was looking really good upon feeding, full of life and smelling sweet :) Hope the girls like it.

Hey everyone, here is the delayed update of my flower tent. Day 35 flowering. The girls are looking amazing and thickening up every day. I am really impressed with how frosty they are this early in flower and are really starting to put on some girth.

Here are the pics

Full Tent
DSC070431.JPG
DSC07044.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC070451.JPG
DSC070463.JPG

GSC *thin mint pheno
DSC070472.JPG
DSC070482.JPG
DSC070571.JPG

Ogiesel
DSC070492.JPG
DSC070502.JPG
DSC070514.JPG

University Hill's OG

DSC070523.JPG
DSC070531.JPG

SFV OG
DSC070541.JPG
DSC070551.JPG
DSC070561.JPG

LOOKING GOOD ICE:):)
Nice work there buddy, youll be tokin on some nice nugs in no time!! Hows things been anyways mate? Hope to find you well and merrily baked -_-
Just thought Id drop by and say Hi so here I am, will chat soon ok, Nice one.. Smokem,,

Back
Top Bottom