JoJo's Hempy SCROG Bucket C99 Grow Journal - 2015

Another off topic post, just read this had to pass it on..... Will work great for scrog screens.... Don't skip any pages, it's filled with picture results on how well it works.. LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds! Will be doing it to mine soon..

Thanks Fish! I actually did backbuild them, and have been doing that since I found it a few months ago, love it! I probably forgot to mention it...

Good job. Bro. Nice harvest.

Thanks for stopping by man, I appreciate it!

:goodjob: JoJo!

As a ScroGGer myself that was very nicely done! +rep

L8r

I could learn a few things from you. I've got to get to your journal and catch up!

Nice....... :) Love the look of your canopy before it was chopped, so many heads. Good work.

It turned out much more even than I expected. It was all that LST!

Were the roots smelly down the bottom with the vermiculite breaking down? Great grow mate look forward to whats next ;-)

I didn't notice anything odd smelling, and I didn't anything breaking down other than the cotton towel - and it was NASTY. It turned black at the base of the plant (probably rotted some roots too) and disintegrated everywhere else. I rinsed all the perlite and vermiculite and washed off a bunch of sludge... I guess being cheap isn't always the best!

Amazing work. Thanks for sharing

Thanks for stopping by! I just hope I helped a few people out. And it's not over yet - you still have to wait for the WEIGH IN!

Update (Harvest Results):

4 months later and we have results! What do you know, my 25% of wet weight prediction was almost spot on...

166g or 0.6 g/W

Whoa! That was a fun grow, and it went super smoothly. I want to thank you all for your help and advice!

Don't worry, I have some pictures of the results too! I got a few seeds out of the mix, but only 1 seems possibly viable. I let it dry in a cardboard box for the last few days, stirring occasionally, until it got to ~72% RH. I then jarred it and will cure it for several months.

harvest08_15_1_.jpg

harvest08_15_2_.jpg

harvest08_15_4_.jpg

harvest08_15_5_.jpg

I also took some pictures of the other things (seeds and nanners) I got out of my grow. That last picture, is just... weird...

harvest08_15_3_.jpg

harvest08_15_7_.jpg

harvest08_15_6_.jpg

That about wraps it up folks! I enjoyed the journey and learned and (in my opinion) improved a lot. There will always be improvements, but that's the fun of this hobby!

If you're interested, follow along on my new grow. I'm going a bit minimalist, but should be able to increase my yields. I'll be doing a SOG 'n SCROG!
JoJo's Hempy SOG 'n SCROG - LED - C99 - Northern Lights - NL99

I may also enter my plant in next months POTM contest. I know I have a bunch of you seasoned growers to compete against, but I think my plant has a certain elegance to it.

Later guys!

See you at your new journal JoJo. I've learned a lot here- especially about the harvest window.
Can you tell me a little more about how the bud turned out and what it's like? - a smoke report maybe later on? Maybe you did that before with little hempy. I have the memory of a goldfish. Congratulations again man, it's been great fun!

Finger licking good JoJo!

Should tide you over until the next one is done and I'll wander over and take a look first thing I get up.

:thumb:

L8r

FYI - some interesting talk the last few pages of SweetSues journal, today and leading up to today, about harvest and amber trichomes. I seem to keep bumping into this conversation all over 420 lately. Which I'm happy about because I'm super curious about the finer points of harvesting.
Oh yeah- +reps for the journal and whatnot.

Your seeds will most likely be all female with only the nanners available to fertilize them...... Let'em sit for a week, sprout, and start over....
The next grow will be even better and easier than this one... First time scroging your head is full of questions, second time it's full of answers....

See you at your new journal JoJo. I've learned a lot here- especially about the harvest window.
Can you tell me a little more about how the bud turned out and what it's like? - a smoke report maybe later on? Maybe you did that before with little hempy. I have the memory of a goldfish. Congratulations again man, it's been great fun!
FYI - some interesting talk the last few pages of SweetSues journal, today and leading up to today, about harvest and amber trichomes. I seem to keep bumping into this conversation all over 420 lately. Which I'm happy about because I'm super curious about the finer points of harvesting.
Oh yeah- +reps for the journal and whatnot.

Since you asked nicely... I'll put up a smoke report. Honestly I've never done one, and have very limited experience with strains. I've only grown these 2 strains and had some Durban Poison a few months ago, but I didn't really smoke before that. I'll describe it the best I can! I do like this C99 though, as it's a nice hybrid and just about what I'm looking for. Energetic, clear-minded, and yet a bit relaxing/narcotic. It's a keeper (minus those nanners!).

Speaking of those nanners, I did pluck them all out while I was trimming the buds off the stems. You saw those nasty pictures, but I had a little jar full of those things.

As for the trichome discussion, thank you for pointing me to her journal! Between hers and yours, I truly did learn a lot about harvest times and how soil/medium can (possibly) affect trichome colors!? I recommend others check them out too! Weasel, maybe you should start a thread about it somewhere? I think it's terrific information, personally.

Finger licking good JoJo!

Should tide you over until the next one is done and I'll wander over and take a look first thing I get up.

:thumb:

L8r

Thanks for following along and sharing some great knowledge!

Your seeds will most likely be all female with only the nanners available to fertilize them...... Let'em sit for a week, sprout, and start over....
The next grow will be even better and easier than this one... First time scroging your head is full of questions, second time it's full of answers....

Unfortunately most of the seeds are too green, so they probably aren't viable. The one does look like a grower though, and will surely be a female! I think this next grow will be much easier too. I'm trying to make my grow space more convenient too, which will help with some of the downsides of growing. Thanks for sharing the good knowledge!

really impressive grow! I am on my second indoor scrog-grow tent on its side-and look to this journal often for advice. cheers. :adore:

really impressive grow! I am on my second indoor scrog-grow tent on its side-and look to this journal often for advice. cheers. :adore:

Thanks for the compliment emf - I'm glad the journal is useful for you! I sure learned a lot and hopefully you can learn from my mistakes. I should probably read through it more often too, as I catch myself making the same mistakes I've already made!

I may just have to grow another big SCROG bucket in the near future as it worked so well. Sounds like you're height-restricted too, and this is a great way to keep things under control.

Jeez... so I'm not paying too much attention, and this old one pops up in my list and I just assume it's your current, and I see all the harvest photos and I'm like "holy crap! how did I miss this much on Jojo's thread....
Phew!

Hah, I was surprised to see a post on my old journal too! Honestly, until recently, I thought completed journals were locked and you couldn't post to them. Don't know why I thought that! :)

Don't you worry, we've still got a few weeks until harvest.

Damn. Amazing'! :D

Thank you, but I owe it all to this community!

Back
Top Bottom