JoJo's Hempy SCROG Bucket C99 Grow Journal - 2015

I must have missed the post with the scrog screen size... I've got a 18"x24" scrog with a 185 watt draw led rdwc grow going.... Never done an led grow and didn't think i could do a bigger screen with only 185 watts.... Been sorely tempted to switch it out to 315 watt lec... But then that would ruin the thread, and i do want to see what the light can do.... I only veged for 27 days... Now i'm thinking i should have veged longer... Looks like you should get a really good yield.....

Nah should be fine just keep doing what your doing let the plant use up all its stored nutes and u'll see it sucking the last out of the leaves . I dont think it will go on for much longer

Thanks rhet, I kind of figured. I know they don't eat as much in the last few weeks of their life, but it seems like growth has pretty much completely stopped, so feeding probably wouldn't help much anyway. There are a few leaves getting sucked dry!

I must have missed the post with the scrog screen size... I've got a 18"x24" scrog with a 185 watt draw led rdwc grow going.... Never done an led grow and didn't think i could do a bigger screen with only 185 watts.... Been sorely tempted to switch it out to 315 watt lec... But then that would ruin the thread, and i do want to see what the light can do.... I only veged for 27 days... Now i'm thinking i should have veged longer... Looks like you should get a really good yield.....

The screen is a 24" x 24" and the light seems to pretty much cover it. I think I'd be better off if I covered the open 2 sides with something to contain more of the light, but it seems to be working out well anyway. I took a look at your journal and it's very cool/similar. I'll be sure to follow along and learn a few things! I would love to do a RDWC system, but I just can't deal with the heat right now! Thanks for tagging along.

P.S. - I like your SCROG addon technique. I stumbled across it after I had built mine, and what can I say. Great minds think alike! I actually would have built mine more like yours if I didn't intend on using mine for DWC, but you know how these things change.

Cool adventures in metal casting and vacuum forming too. I've done the casting and need to do some vacuum forming here in the near future, but you came out with some really good results!

Update (57 days flower, 117 days old):

I decided to put up some more pictures due to the overwhelming number of requests :rollingeyes:. But for real, I'm just itching to cut her down, BUT I have to wait for those ambers to show up. There is more yellowing appearing, and a few more leaves are getting sucked dry.

I did get some good pictures of the trics. I'd say I'm at 5-10% amber, but they only show up in little clusters with most of the trics being clear/cloudy. Also notice that the trics are starting to bend/lean over. Someone told me (can't remember if it was on my journal..) that this is an indicator of 'ripeness'. Was that you too, Hunter?

Check out that 'nanner' pic!

f60d117_13_.jpg

f60d117_9_.jpg

f60d117_10_.jpg

f60d117_12_.jpg

f60d117_11_.jpg

f60d117_5_.jpg

f60d117_7_.jpg

f60d117_6_.jpg

f60d117_2_.jpg

f60d117_3_.jpg

f60d117_4_.jpg

f60d117_1_.jpg

f60d117_8_.jpg

Oh yeah the clone. He's still hanging out in the corner. He's getting WAY too big for the 23W bulb. I topped 6 of the branches today, as I'll limit my buds for next grow by topping to create either 12 or 24. Votes?

f60d117_14_.jpg

Wow that nanner is kind of....I don't know - phallic. And your clone always reminds me of some sort of alien robot creature from a grade Z sci-fi movie. Buck Rogers and the Canna-Droid, or something. Nice pics! What are you photographing with/through?

Unless you upgrade lights stay with a smaller number of tops... That way they are bigger colas! Your scrog grow looks amazing for that small ass light lol! Good job. It looks kinda high to me? idk.....

Haha, why thank you. The light is actually raised pretty high, I think 17". It was burning the middle of the plant, so I slowly raised it last week. The plant still seems great though!

Wow that nanner is kind of....I don't know - phallic. And your clone always reminds me of some sort of alien robot creature from a grade Z sci-fi movie. Buck Rogers and the Canna-Droid, or something. Nice pics! What are you photographing with/through?

Hah! I kind of thought the same thing about the nanner. It's so weird looking... and I didn't know what to place it as. Thanks for the phallic suggestion... :)

The clone is a little mistreated. All 7 of her branches have been stripped of new growth, and she has nowhere to grow, except away from the light. Tough life! The pictures were taken with one of the cheap $20 eBay "microscopes". It only focuses at the ends of the spectrum (50x and 500x) and you have to stay verrrrry still.

Read about this in High Times many years ago... RODELIZATION: SOMA'S WAY TO FEMALE SEEDS | High Times... May be of interest to you....

Very interesting read Fish, thank you for sharing. I may have to stop plucking these nanners!

I second that, info is always welcome and appreciated.

True true! Anyone should feel free to share any relevant stuff they come up with. It really is helpful!

Oh, I forgot to mention I germinated some of my seeds. I'm trying to grow 4 C99 x Northern Lights (supposedly NL99) and two of my NL seeds. I use an interesting method for germinating I found some time ago. I can't remember where, but it basically like the paper towel method, but sponges are used instead, and the temperature is very well controlled (75°F with the help of an aquarium heater). I've only germinated a few seeds, but have had 100% success.

I'll probably start another journal for this next round. I'm thinking of doing a SOG 'n SCROG...

germ_4_.jpg

germ_3_1.jpg

I forget them if I use paper towels, or my kids throw them away since they look like trash:) I've been using Rapid Rooters or straight coco, but for the most recent seed I tried rock wool. It all seems to work, but I do think the higher temps are key to getting better germination rates and times. I'll keep watching, you're plant looks great!

I hear you man! You find old paper towels with sad, dried up seedlings in them... I think the 3 factors that affect the germination are temperature, moisture, and (possibly) darkness. I just like the sponge method since it's easy to control all those.

Oh, 6/6 germinated! Rockwool is soaking and they'll find little hempy homes soon.

hey jojo.was wondering if you had a tutorial on that scrog net you made

Welcome! I do not have a tutorial put up, but I have lots of pictures and some recommendations, so I'll put together a tutorial! I'll throw a link your way when I finish it up. I really do like my SCROG though. I can lift/turn it however I want, water through the top, and it would be great for DWC. I would recommend using something stiffer than string though. Maybe wire or twine?

sub hey jojo I have read thru ur grows and I am really impressed this one looks great I will be following along hope that's ok stay frosty sir

Thanks for joining mads! Hopefully you learned a few things from my mistakes. I'm trying to stay frosty, as this plant just looks frostier by the minute!

Update (60 days flower, 120 days old):

She's 60 days flowered today! So she looks done. I checked trichomes again and still mostly clear/cloudy with a few ambers (maybe 3-5%). All the pistols are pretty much dead and it seems the only new things to grow are nanners!

Will she just kind of stay looking done/the same until the trichomes turn more amber?

f60d120_1_.jpg

f60d120_3_.jpg

f60d120_2_.jpg

f60d120_4_.jpg

f60d120_5_.jpg

And that tortured little clone. I fed her 3 feedings ago (~3 weeks) and still no yellowing. I guess she doesn't have much light to grow!

f60d120_6_.jpg

Thanks for following along guys!

The tricombs will age some after you chop her down. You won't get a ton of amber tric's but the clear ones should go cloudy. If you wait, she will probably foxtail more and get more nanners. Looks like you could take it another couple days to a week, unless you want to be smoking in a week... then chop her down. She's looking great though, might have a few seeds to grow out but I see that as a plus

Back
Top Bottom