JoJo's Hempy SCROG Bucket C99 Grow Journal - 2015

Update (47 days flower, 104 days old):

Here goes the 3 day update you've all been waiting for....

Not too much to report. I watered the big Hempy with straight water, and she's back to drinking a little under a gallon of water every 3 days. I'm getting a few more yellowing leaves at the bottom of the canopy, and I expect it to start picking up in the next few days as she clears out her system of those nasty nutes and starts using reserves!

You can tell the bud growth over the last few days for sure. The closer I get to harvest, the less I look forward to trimming all these buds. There are SOO many!

How about a comparison.

12 Day Comparison:

1_2_42.jpg

1_6_22.jpg

1_3_38.jpg

1_5_30.jpg

1_4_38.jpg

The little Hempy is doing great too. I pulled her down for some better shots, as you couldn't really see her completely in the last few pictures.

1_1_46.jpg

1_2_44.jpg

And the clone? Eh, no one cares about the clone right now. I know you just want BUDS!

Mmm like holy oh my god, i'm sure i can find other words to express my amazement... its a real eye popper :thumb:

I really must move on from growing bush style plants !

wow, they are amazing. Fatastic grow!

Thanks for commenting Sara! You would have probably found me sooner if I mentioned "LED" in the journal title! Glad to have you around, and I'm glad to be using your affordable lights!

Wow yourself! Unlike you, I haven't broken down for a sampling. Yet...

Mmm like holy oh my god, i'm sure i can find other words to express my amazement... its a real eye popper :thumb:

I really must move on from growing bush style plants !

Thanks Fuzzy! And welcome, if you haven't been around before! The SCROG structure alone makes it way easier to maintain once you get past the stretch. Give it a try!

Why watch the previews when the main event is so damn sexy!

There you go with those witty one-liners - you always get a laugh out of me!

Very true statement though. A big grin creeps across my face every day when I walk in the grow room and am greeted by this sexy girl! She's getting stinky too, but in the good way!

Wow yourself! Unlike you, I haven't broken down for a sampling. Yet...

im so weak......................
it was the overwhelming scent of froot loops and poop.
I had to taste it............

Random question: Does anyone else smell their fingers after they've been playing with their girls? :winkyface:

I can't help but smell them and smile! She's got a grapefruit/citrus smell to her, but slightly different than the last few rounds. Maybe it's the higher temperature..

Of course! It's a constant thing. There's no smell better on earth than a blooming cannabis. Some better than others. I have to say though sometimes when I fall asleep after a long night of trimming, the smell on my hands while I am trying to sleep starts to be too much after while. Kind of like a girl who wears just a little too much perfume, the day after...

im so weak......................
it was the overwhelming scent of froot loops and poop.
I had to taste it............

I saw that the other day! I'm not so sure fruit loops and poop smells were meant to be combined...

Of course! It's a constant thing. There's no smell better on earth than a blooming cannabis. Some better than others. I have to say though sometimes when I fall asleep after a long night of trimming, the smell on my hands while I am trying to sleep starts to be too much after while. Kind of like a girl who wears just a little too much perfume, the day after...

Glad to see you back Weasel! Good to know I'm not the only one. I know just where you're going with the perfume thing...

Thanks Fuzzy! And welcome, if you haven't been around before! The SCROG structure alone makes it way easier to maintain once you get past the stretch. Give it a try!

Ye some one mentioned your journal in FAQs & i'm pleased i've clicked the link which has been an eye opener :thumb:

Toying with an idea of a hanging scrog screen with lighting chains etc for the grow tent, makes it all very adjustable.

WOW! Looking Great!!:thumb:

Thanks man! You picked the best time to join along!

Ye some one mentioned your journal in FAQs & i'm pleased i've clicked the link which has been an eye opener :thumb:

Toying with an idea of a hanging scrog screen with lighting chains etc for the grow tent, makes it all very adjustable.

That's an interesting idea.. I'd like to see what you come up with! I only attached the SCROG to my bucket in case I needed to move it around, but you've got your setup dialed in!

Holly smokes so even mmm.. ive got some reading to catch up on
:bravo:

Haha, it is MUCH more even than I was expecting also! Next time I'll try to have it curl up on the sides maybe, for even more consistent coverage! Thanks for subbing!

Update (50 days flower, 107 days old):

Poll time!
How much longer do you think I have to harvest? I'd like maybe 10-20% amber on the big Hempy, and 30-40% on the small Hempy (to try it out). Right now they're mostly cloudy with some clear and very few ambers. I want to guess 1-2 weeks?

Anyway, I watered with plenty of runoff today and everything is still in great shape! You can notice more deficiencies on the large Hempy, but they aren't progressing much. There's also some light burn, but unfortunately I can't raise the light on the right.

The buds are definitely swelling and the foxtailing is taking off! The little Hempy is a bit further, but big Hempy is catching up.

The second to last picture shows some foxtailing, and the last one shows how a bit of new growth popped up after backbuilding. Pretty cool!

107_50f_2_.jpg

107_50f_1_.jpg

107_50f_5_.jpg

107_50f_12_.jpg

107_50f_6_.jpg

107_50f_7_.jpg

As for little Hempy, she seems to be doing great, but it purpling a little bit. Not sure why, but it could be the color under the LEDs too. Fortunately she has a high bud/container ratio! It's only a 1 gallon planting container, which is really like 1/2 gallon.

107_50f_3_.jpg

107_50f_4_.jpg

107_50f_11_.jpg

107_50f_9_.jpg

107_50f_10_.jpg

And I'll throw in a picture of the clone since it was convenient. She's really running out of room!

107_50f_8_.jpg

Quickie Update:
So I was playing with the plants yesterday and found 2 nanners on big Hempy. I checked again today, and plucked probably 15 off her again. I don't see any on the small Hempy, but I'm expecting this to continues. No wonder I have seeds! It seems they just started popping up, due to some type of stress. I've also read that this strain (particularly the feminized) are susceptible to hermie. It may be light stress, as the right LED is too close, and discoloring the leaves.

The good news is that the buds are very dense, at least compared to my last few grows. I'm expecting a good yield! I'll probably let the big Hempy go for a few days more.

I may harvest the little Hempy tonight or tomorrow. She still has almost no ambers, but she's fox-tailing A LOT which makes it hard to trim. The leaves are also turning purple in some areas, which is some indicator of stress, I believe. She's a few days ahead of big Hempy, so 55 days. Plus if I cut her down, I can reduce my lighting to 1 LED and focus on big Hempy.

It feels wrong digging through the sticky buds looking for nanners, doesn't it? I'm doing the same.
Do you think the seed, if it's mature and viable, and you grew it out, would be prone to growing nanners as well?

It really does! It's so hard to see every nook and cranny too! You just look at each bud, hoping you see that bright green nanner staring at you. If I see another tomorrow, I'll take a pic tor all to see.

I've often thought of the hermie seed question. The way I think of it is this way:

Any feminized plant is the product of a female plant producing pollen and pollinating another female or itself. If you have a female that doesn't hermie easily under stress, her offspring are likely to have similar traits. If you have a female that hermies easily, she may pollinate herself and others, creating seeds. So while they all have a tendency to hermie, wouldn't you rather have the one from the strong female, such as the ones breeders pick?

Of course the other side of this is that if you have good conditions and minimize stress, you may have good luck with either. Also, you never know quite what the offspring will turn out like. Many people have good luck with them. A lot of bag seed grows are most likely products of hermies, and people do them all the time.

Just my thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom