KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Earlier in thread LUSH informed us that their panels are made in China, one of major reasons I do not understand high price point.

I have a couple of Advanced panels, I am pretty sure they are NOT made in USA.

I am with you on the corporation are people things, fricking silly!

Okay so I called them. What I was told is the housing is mfg overseas due to cost, the rest is made here and assembled here. The company is also American owned. I don't have a problem with buying or purchasing overseas (Thanks Herbies !) I am just aware not all countries play fair, sometimes including my own, just need to call them out, and vote with your purchasing power. God I am getting old !

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Pistils on the fan leaves? I keep seeing this Jack name around, but I don't know the story. I think it is time I go look that up.

Was this a discovery or a cultivar?

I am not certain. Here is a photographs of the pistils that can develop on the fan leaves

Pistil_on_Fan_Leaves.jpg

High Maharaja I have a question
Why has my girl got what looks like seeds popping ??? she has never seen or been any place that has any pollen I have only one good photo you can see even from this not great picture it,s a seed BUT why an how would this happen it,s getting a few of these what could only be some kind of Phantom seed
:thanks:
DSC_000159.jpg
:thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Sorry Jaga I am not able to make out the seed clearly, If no banana shaped seed pods are on your plants I can not guess where the source of the pollen originated from. I have seen calyxes swell quite large to the point they appear to have a seed inside but do not. Can you see a seed peaking through the side of the calyx?

DOMINATOR 435w is $1400, is this actual draw? Or is it like the chinese lights where draw power is about half? I mean you can pick up a 900w LED with draw power 400-450W for $350, and a 3 year warrenty.... The only reason I see to pay 3x the price is to buy American made.. but they are still out sourcing to China anyway so... Catch 22... sort of

Sorry Jaga I am not able to make out the seed clearly, If no banana shaped seed pods are on your plants I can not guess where the source of the pollen originated from. I have seen calyxes swell quite large to the point they appear to have a seed inside but do not. Can you see a seed peaking through the side of the calyx?

Yes I can on a couple of them I think there is more popping up
I will take a picture of one I took off its a very imature one but it,s a seed it kinda popped

DOMINATOR 435w is $1400, is this actual draw? Or is it like the chinese lights where draw power is about half? I mean you can pick up a 900w LED with draw power 400-450W for $350, and a 3 year warrenty.... The only reason I see to pay 3x the price is to buy American made.. but they are still out sourcing to China anyway so... Catch 22... sort of

The actual power draw from the Dominator 2x 200x 3 watt is 435 watts. There is a 20% off discount code for Lush Lighting to be used at the check out : 420Mag

Earlier in thread LUSH informed us that their panels are made in China, one of major reasons I do not understand high price point.

I have a couple of Advanced panels, I am pretty sure they are NOT made in USA.

I am with you on the corporation are people things, fricking silly!

I just called Advanced and asked specifically where the LED is made. I was told CREE is made in the US. The only part of their panel is made in China is the housing, which is the metal case the wire harness, power supply and modular LEDs are mounted. Everything is assembled in the USA, everything is inspected here under US QC system.

If I'm being lied to, please inform me better.

I am not certain. Here is a photographs of the pistils that can develop on the fan leaves

Pistil_on_Fan_Leaves.jpg

Wow, that is amazing. Since you told me about the blog button, I just save everything I want to that now. I have the Jack Herer link posted over there. Cool and holy moly on that plant! How interesting. I can't even imagine the structure of that plant which would push out pistils from the cross by the petiole meeting the leaf. I wonder if it is hormonal? I'll have to read...thank you for the photo.

I have taken apart my ds100 and I NEVER saw the word CREE anywhere. And the labels on the power supply where Chinese. So I do not believe them, but no proof.

Ask them the address of their factory and look for a big building on google maps.

Here is post from this thread from Lush about where they make theirs...
KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

I called Advanced, not Lush. I thought you said you were pretty sure Advanced was not made in the US?

I may have misread that. I don't really believe anybody any more. Everything in life is seeming to be a krap shoot lately.

It wears me to the nub, too.

I called Advanced, not Lush. I thought you said you were pretty sure Advanced was not made in the US?

I may have misread that. I don't really believe anybody any more. Everything in life is seeming to be a krap shoot lately.

It wears me to the nub, too.

LUSH said straight up assembled in China(props for honesty:)), I think Advanced is BSing about being made in USA, but once again no soild proof.

They probably are BS, but they are accredited by the BBB and they can easily lose that status if they are false advertising. I'm not willing to make a stink. But I am not going to just cave to high end, either. I'm really on the fence. I'll figure it out.

Well my overall question is very broad, of course, but is a matter of many specific items.

And that question is why is your light over 3 times more expensive then another Chinese made light for same wattage where others have shown good results?

But of course that answer is far too broad so a few specifics would be, I do not want ot ask same tired old questions about diodes and spectrum, although that is important in the end, I guess my first question would be

Do you have access to any kind of direct measurements and/or grows where light was only variable that justifies the high price point? I always said I hope they are 3 times better, but very doubtful logically.

Anyhow sorry if too broad, got to go for now puppy going crazy!

Okay, I will try not to get too long winded here lol. There are 2 main factors that go into pricing our products. The first, simpler reason is that we sell our lights in a variety of ways, and that includes brick-and-mortar retail stores. We can't and won't undercut those businesses.

The other factor is the bigger reason: we spend more to make our lights than other companies. We don't use just one brand of diode to keep costs down; we use whatever diodes are going to create the spectrum we want, regardless of manufacturer or price. Not just diodes, but everything that goes into a Lush Light has to be the best of the best. We have extremely high quality standards and cannot nor would not compromise said standards to save a buck.

I like to say that it's somewhat like car shopping. Would you expect a Ferrari Spider to cost the same as a Ford Focus? After all, they both have four wheels, a steering wheel, a transmission... but they're worlds apart in price.

Great question Craw, I am also interested in the reply to this. I think the reason behind the price is the fact that china pay there workers ALOT less and also pay alot less tax, I mean $300 US is alot in China, where $300 US is lucky to feed a family for a week in America.. That is my take on it, also China has always had a bad rep for selling junk, just like japan used to (Everything from japan was known as "Jap crap") now Japan has the most reliable cars in the world and all of a sudden everythng is hell expensive, Its economics at its finest =)

Still 3x the price is just silly.. They cannot keep that up for long with all these Chinese companys selling quality gear for a fraction of the price and with a 3+ year warrenty..

I am looking forward to a reply from Lush I think that was a great question Craw. Sam please reply on the forums!!

I did! Lol. I wanted to note you say we "cannot keep that up for long" ...... it depends on your perspective. From mine, I say - Those companies cannot keep producing the minimal acceptable level of quality possible for much longer.

I did! Lol. I wanted to note you say we "cannot keep that up for long" ...... it depends on your perspective. From mine, I say - Those companies cannot keep producing the minimal acceptable level of quality possible for much longer.

Do you fancy putting your light up against another manufacturer in a side by side comparison grow?

I like to say that it's somewhat like car shopping. Would you expect a Ferrari Spider to cost the same as a Ford Focus? After all, they both have four wheels, a steering wheel, a transmission... but they're worlds apart in price.

I've been thinking of this analogy the whole time. :rofl:
They both get ya from A to B...

I think the question is not really why you charge or how you charge what you do. Lush brought up a set of cars as an example. A Ferrari and Ford Focus.

This is not really a fair comparison for the consumer because when you see with your eyes a Ferrari, then you see with your eyes a Focus, there is no comparison in quality or design. There is a line of demarcation between those two examples as thick as a sapling.

I am not a scientist who makes LED panels, so merely looking at something doesn't mean I can tell why it is much more pricy than something competitive. You say you only use the best quality and I want to believe you, but still this is not an answer that satisfies my question which is similar to others' questions. No doubt your panels develop amazing results. I can see that with my own eyes in KingJohnC's sponsored journal, here.

I also understand your reasoning behind undercutting your B&M division, but nobody is asking you to charge what others are charging for inferior components, but I'm just asking how we know your components are superior? This is the dilemma I always have with new technology.

For example when DVD players came to trade. We bought one. So much angst, which one, which is best. Well, I had an electronics engineer in my family who worked on this technology and he told us that the technology is the technology and the box it comes in, or the bells and whistles are what drives the price up. We bought the cheapest one we could find and it lasted longer than any DVD or Blueray player we bought. We still have it, actually and it is first generation off brand. The DVD laser is the DVD laser.

Do you see how deep this question goes for the higher end relationship with your product line?

Sam thanks for quick reply, and I may be asking for info that you are unwilling to give.

Yes but is your light really a Spider vs a Focus, even using that analogy both do the job, one is just WAY overpriced and exclusive. I do not think most would think a Ferrari is 10 times better then a Ford, it the exclusivity you buying.

I will be completely honest and get to the root of it all, I think your all's cost is less then $500 per light, for the Dominator 2X. And i have seen no hard data to make me believe that the Lush is 3X better then the cheaper direct from China lights, or any better then the other lights that are priced 10-50% below you. so that leads to my other questions...

I doubt you will answer this, but what are some example part numbers for diodes you use, then I can look up to see how much they cost?

We can use analogies all day long, what I am looking for is actual data/comparison grows that shows this LED is that much better then the others our there, have you all done anything like that?

As I have said, Part of me hopes they really are that much better, but my logical side wants to see proof, before I can even consider saving for lights that are 3X the cost, or more, then those that I, and others, have grown quality buds under.

Oooo, disagree with that Craw, but it was an unfair comparison for this example, that much is true. Every detail is made by and sewn by hand. Every paint, decal, bright, panel, engine part, all hand made and machined in the Super Factory in Italy. NO COMPARISON with any other car, except maybe a Lambo. People don't buy them for status. The already have plenty if they buy a 1/4 million dollar car.

It's just not a good example to use in this instance, IMO

Back
Top Bottom