Kushtie - Dark Devil - Candy Kush & Himalaya Orange Diesel - Autos In NFT

As long as the buds keep getting fat... Looking good Kushtie....

Some DDA pics today:

dda1503-1.jpg

dda1503-2.jpg

dda1503-3.jpg

Probably just as well I didn't start the Candy Kush first of I might not have had room for anything else.....and the few patchy leaves you can see in those shots next to DDA is the only dodgy bit on her. That happened a few days ago and I think was just her way of saying "stop being lazy and leaving me at pH 6.0, I want some of what is available at 5.6".

I really want that Candy Kush to smoke nice so I can keep growing plants like that ;)

Nice to know, I feed at 5.7, I thought I was the odd ball feeding under 6. Cool.

Cheers

Oh crap, I forgot to say awesome looking Flowers. I'm still looking to get me a few DD beans.

Cheers

Nice to know, I feed at 5.7, I thought I was the odd ball feeding under 6. Cool.

Cheers

The IONIC nutes gives me a range of 5.6-6.2 and the plants typically make the pH in an active res system go up so all being well I like to start at 5.6 and then over the course of a few days let it drift up over 5.8, maybe even over 6.0.

Unless I mess up like I did with the DDA......sometimes things change real fast in the res if they cop the muchies, eat more nutes than you are expecting and cause the pH to shoot up to 6.4 or something silly. And I rarely go more than 12 hours between res checks.

Have also seen plants that seem to be picky about their nutes too and end up making the pH drop....if these ones were being like that I'd start higher than 5.6 and keep as close an eye on them as I could.

Oh, I'm in soil, but I feed every watering I use TDS pen and feed hydro style in FFOF soil. Nevertheless, my mentors feed soil in 5.7 range too. But nice breakdown of your setup. It's crazy how involved we become once we have pulled a harvest. I'm new to this and started in September last year. On my 2nd grow now and harvesting next Tuesday. Hydro is a bit more in depth then I'd like to go for.

Crap I'm a bit high at the moment and hit wrong button. Great job so far, all looks good.

Cheers

Stoned is good buddy....means you're doing enough things right I reckon:thumb:

I'm still fairly new to this too, although wish I'd set my mind to it years ago. I like science and I like weed so I should have known I'd like growing it. Personally I found hydro easier to understand....soil is black magic is you ask me. ;)

I've yet to get more than an ounce out a plant in soil:allgood:

I wish I had a better understanding of bug infestations and control.. It's the only thing holding me back from using soil indoors. I have a much better understanding with it... I've been in coir last few grows indoors, and I don't really know why I'm using half the nutrs I do, except they give me healthy green plants, lol... Stopped using rhizo this grow and haven't noticed a differance, smaller plants maybe, but I've got other reasons for that... Oh, your plants always look good kushtie.

I wish I had a better understanding of bug infestations and control.. It's the only thing holding me back from using soil indoors. I have a much better understanding with it... I've been in coir last few grows indoors, and I don't really know why I'm using half the nutrs I do, except they give me healthy green plants, lol... Stopped using rhizo this grow and haven't noticed a differance, smaller plants maybe, but I've got other reasons for that... Oh, your plants always look good kushtie.

Aye, same here. Hardly get any beasties in my grow room unless I've got a soil plant in. It's like the wee buggers have had a few hundred million years practice at finding suitable habitats....build it and they will come:laughtwo:

Hopefully I've enough spiders hiding around my attic to keep things in check....don't think I'd be quite so relaxed around spiders in your part of the world though!

Luckily I've got an army of daddy long legs... They on bug and spider patrol, lol...

Luckily I've got an army of daddy long legs... They on bug and spider patrol, lol...

Sounds like "cellar spiders" that they have down south.....a spider with long legs and a tiny body and it shakes like crazy as a defence mechanism. Our ones are amazingly good at taking on other spiders and bugs too as they are so fast and spindly other predators struggle to land a bite on them before getting tangled in silk. They're tougher than they look!:riskybusiness:

room1603-2.jpg

room1603-1.jpg

2nd pic is the candy kush res.....she seems to lovely from every angle, steady with nutrient usage and fits my space nicely.:circle-of-love:

Cheers buddy. Lighting is 20/4 as I hear that can give a slightly better yield over 18/6.

Not sure what I'm going to put in the hole in my grow after the DDA is done as the others should be done stretching and the net makes it tricky to move anything so at the moment I'm thinking I'll just start another plant. By the time a new plant is doing much the others should be finishing so hopefully it'll all fit.

I hear ya with the 20/4 as opposed to 18/6. Better to spend a bit more on leccy for a better yield.

You gonna do another auto or you thinking of going to photo? You should try lowryder x ak47. I did them in soil some years ago and got around 21g per plant with a 125W dual spectrum light. The smoke was really nice and a slight couchlock effect too. I reckon done in NFT you could get up to 10x that amount. Also hear that auto thc bomb is a good one too. 65 days from seed to harvest indoors (+15 days i reckon on top of that) and 450g+ m2 done SOG/SCROG.

If you arent using rhizo def use some beneficial bacteria like great white. it def keeps roots healthy, healthy roots mean bigger juicier buds.

usually bugs are already in the soil when you buy it. I hate soil grows unless its my own super soil. Not my own recipe, i copy subcools recipe, but it makes fantastic organic plants.

But its hydro and coco for me all the way.

You gonna do another auto or you thinking of going to photo?

Just gonna stick with autos until I can get my loft wired for growing proper......reckon I should have space for a veg room for mothers and autos and then a flower room or two.

One room on 20/4 and just start new plants as pots become available. Dr Feelgood is up next I reckon and then Afghan Kush Ryder and that's as far as I've planned.....3rd plant in next grow will either be something I've grown before or something I don't have for seeds for yet. Chances are it'll be another go at the Himalaya Orange Diesel as I reckon I could have given that a much better first month than I gave this one and I hear the smoke is real nice. We'll see how much I like Dark Devil smoke though....another one of those could easily end up as the 3rd plant next run.

Have found a little more info released on the Himalaya Orange Diesel....

Product Description
Himalaya Orange Diesel (HOD) is a new strain from shortstuff seeds which uses classic Kush genetics from the Himalaya’s and combines them with an incredible Sour Orange Diesel strain from the USA.

Himalaya Orange Diesel, like her sister Himalaya blue diesel, is easy to grow but will astonish you with its vigourous growth, big solid buds and fantastic aroma.

The sour orange diesel strain we started with was very sativa dominant but with the addition of the Kush genetics HOD is more balanced between sativa and indica now. Although we wanted to add Indica influence to this strain to increase yields we carefully selected the most sour-diesel dominant specimens during the breeding process so that we did not lose that pungent fuel aroma and unbelievable potency.

Himalaya Orange Diesel produces medium to large autoflowering plants which generally reach 1 metre (3 feet) in height. She has generous internodal spacing with chunky buds forming at each internode. This strain generally produces a really sold main cola but with a good amount of side branching as well. Because of the kush heritage in this strain the buds are very solid and produce a ton of resin.

Himalaya Orange Diesel gives off an intriguing fuel-like aroma with very strong citrus notes as well as some earthy pine scented aromas. The flavour of this strain is very smooth with a deliciously complex taste and aroma. The effect is very fast with a potent head high followed by a nice body-stone. The sativa influence to Himalaya Orange Diesel means if you need to get stuff done you have plenty of energy but the kush influence means if you want to chill then you can do just that.

Himalaya Orange Diesel is very easy to grow, can handle plenty of nutrients and requires little attention. If grown with some care she can easily produce 90g+ per plant.

Strain Himalaya Orange Diesel
Type Auto flowering indica /sativa hybrid 50/50
Auto Type Next Generation auto
Height 32-40” | 80-100cm
Harvest 65-75 days from seed
Yield 30-90g | 1-3 oz per plant
Indoors/Outdoors Both
Effect Great high and stone
Potency 9/10
Breeder SHORTSTUFF

Holy crap those are huge autos. Nice job.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom