LED Grow Test

re: LED GROW TEST. 126W hydro grow led VS. 180W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDGirl
It is due to the footprint size of the light. We recommend using the 205W in a 30"x30" area, although it can support a maximum area of 3' x 3'. A 400W HID has a more comparable footprint to the 205W, allowing for the same number of plants to be grown under each fairly well. It is for this reason that we would prefer it be compared to a 400W.

but cant you just use a 600w and the same amount of plants and it would be the same? and keep each plant in the same size area. that way it would be a accurate way of testing the yield since the light is compared to a 600w hps. just keep both plants in the same size area. i am sure you will get allot more respect using a 600w HPS for that side x side test, since customers would want to see if the 205w led light would really match a 600w hps yield as claimed. its just a thought to think about.

either way i would like to see these test, and realy like to see the 205w vs 180w, since it will be diff from my test. now your light has the higher watts. be cool to see what happens.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
lol you dog Irish, why you giving HGL a hard time again, that is my job...ha

i just stat the truth bro, not giving her a hard time just calling her out on the BS. that the foot print is better with a 400w hps. witch makes no sense, just do the same amount of plants in the same area with a 600w hps. its best that way because she claims its equal to a 600w hps so why use a 400w hps?

I just want to make one thing clear, the LED panels from china are not all the same they may look the same but the internals are not. If you decide to go straight to china and order your lights remember one thing, each one of these manufactures have no idea what these lights can do. I have asked them one after another for any kind of grow pictures showing me the lights work and no one has produced one. This is why I had to order over 20 panels to finally configure a spectrum that works with the right led intensity and find a manufacturer I can trust with a quality product.

Another thing is if your a person that buys one or two panels good luck trying to get a warranty, they'll tell you 'yeah we will take care of you' yeah right! They will say anything to you to make the sale but when it comes down to returning the light YOU have to pay for shipping to send it back and they most likely will tell you that the light failed because of user error.

Im just speaking form my personal experience, dealing direct with china is not easy. Just a heads up for you guys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and btw----- to clear up a question I saw regarding my spectrum, yes i use 9 wavelengths including white which puts out 3 colors RED BLUE GREEN, so that's how I get 11 wavelengths.

Ill send you guys an update on the 90 degree core saturation sometime tomorrow..

Peace...

Hi Mike! Thanks for donating this panel for testing purposes, and we all look forward to the results!

To put our minds at ease and give us more confidence that your product is finally 'the one', and that purchasing one of your lights will be a good decision, also please answer the following:
-----
1) Your lights previously had 60 degree angles, similar to a well-known company; then suddenly you changed them over to 90 degrees. What data, information, or other impetus prompted this change? If you could be specific, that would be great.

2) It is well known that a typical 3W (700ma) rated LED is less efficient than a 1W (350ma) LED, and that the total lumens produced from one 3W emitter is less than that provided by even 2 1W LEDs, let alone 3. What is your rationale for using 3W LEDs, provided that running more 1W LEDs at the same total wattage will produce significantly more light?

3) You now have a 5 year warranty and 120 day money back guarantee. Does this cover all defects, drop-outs, and other issues, and do you pay for shipping both to and from your repair location while fixing your product at no charge? And, do you carry enough stock in country for replacement fixtures and interim lighting needs? Is all repair work done in-house by your own personnel?

4) Do you have a store or shopfront, like Haight Solid State, that we can visit in California, or do you drop ship everything from your manufacturer directly like Hydro Grow LED?

Thanks for your time.

--------------------------

[begin rant]

I can attest to the return issues when ordering directly from China, folks. There is a place in the LED market for a decent US-based supplier/facilitator where good service and warranty is desired, provided the product performs as expected. Whether simply for peace of mind, ease of transaction, and the like - many would agree.

It takes more time, effort, and $$$ than many people think to set this kind of business up correctly; if you haven't actually done it yourself, you simply don't understand. I've set up a couple of businesses from scratch, and they all take work. And many little things eat away at your margins (and they all add up) bricks and mortar-based or otherwise - credit card transaction fees/ebay/paypal, sales/customer service, warranty and repairs, rental/retail/warehousing, utilities, property management, employees/benefits, etc. - and holding reserves for all of the above.

Keeping all those fees in check while being able to offer your product/service for a price the market is willing to pay for, and still have decent net margins to feed your family with, can be a fine balancing act. If you don't believe me, try it. And a small business owner can spend a lot more time working in their business than on it, if they're not careful. But the consumer generally doesn't know or care about any of that, or care about the business owner(s) needs - just their end price for the transaction.

It's a two way street, folks.

The question in most people's minds are: what is an acceptable profit ('that I'm willing to pay') for offering that (i.e. good service, and a proprietary/unique design (i.e. intellectual property - defensible or not) and color spectrum for LED that actually works?)

Some folks believe that all businesses and businessmen are inherently evil, they only care about their profit, and that any money they make is somehow ill-gotten. I say bullshit. The ones who do (which are the ones who typically show up in the evening news) just end up making it easier for the majority of good, honest business people to develop a core business and long-term, loyal customers.

The recent talk about going direct aside, I do see a value here for that type of company with LEDs, wherever the product is ultimately manufactured. And if the costs are right, I would definitely consider buying from them.

[/end rant]

-----------------------

Regards,

-TL

Not to mention she NOW talks about 40 watts a square foot.. I wonder were she came up with this...LOL

i just stat the truth bro, not giving her a hard time just calling her out on the BS. that the foot print is better with a 400w hps. witch makes no sense, just do the same amount of plants in the same area with a 600w hps. its best that way because she claims its equal to a 600w hps so why use a 400w hps?
Yes this is correct Irish.. Her web site say's a 205w can provide results comparable to a 600W HPS, But yet she wants a test done comparing it to a 400w HPS.. WTF...

yea the companies on the market selling chinese manufactured led panels sounded fishy to me too, after i talked to my hydro store guy. he advised me against the chinese made units. ledgirl, told me the only difference from her panels and all the other panels manufactured in china was that hers had a 60 degree lens. so, after doing my homework i came up with the specifications i wanted and probably did the same thing all the other led companies are doing. i found every type of led panel in every color. the prices make sense considering the markup hydro-grow-led sales their units for. all the info i got from the manufacturers in china is exactly the same as the info ledgirl sites. that's probably why the comparisons to the 400w, 600w, etc. come from. here's a pic of the unit and some of one of the emails i've received:

Thank you for your inquiry.

We accept OEM, so we could make the lights according to your special requirements.

Following is the picture for 600w LED grow light:
Specification:
Power: 600w
LED: 576pcs x 1w
emiting angel: 120 degree

That is the specificaiton of the normal 600w LED grow lights.

If you need, we also could make the lights with the 3w, 60 degree LEDs as the light source.
The 25% 625nm red, 25% 640nm red, 25% 660nm red, 10% coolwhite, 15% warm white is also not the problem
According to your requuirements:
Weak Red 625nm 25% 144pcs
Red 640nm 25% 144pcs
Deep red 660nm 25% 144pcs
cool white 8000k 10% 58pcs
warm white 3000k 15% 86pcs

You also could design the location of every LED in 600w LED grow light.
Do you want to design the configuration of the 600w LED grow light yourself or you want our engineer to design it?

By the way, on your design, there is no blue light at all, but the plants' photosynthesis need some blue lights.
Do you want to add some blue light?
600w.jpg

What is the email address of the sales person you received this from?

Thanks

Hi Mike

To put our minds at ease and give us more confidence that your product is finally 'the one', and that purchasing one of your lights will be a good decision, also please answer the following:
-----
1) Your lights previously had 60 degree angles, similar to a well-known company; then suddenly you changed them over to 90 degrees. What data, information, or other impetus prompted this change? If you could be specific, that would be great.

2) It is well known that a typical 3W (700ma) rated LED is less efficient than a 1W (350ma) LED, and that the total lumens produced from one 3W emitter is less than that provided by even 2 1W LEDs, let alone 3. What is your rationale for using 3W LEDs, provided that running more 1W LEDs at the same total wattage will produce significantly more light?

3) You now have a 5 year warranty and 120 day money back guarantee. Does this cover all defects, drop-outs, and other issues, and do you pay for shipping both to and from your repair location while fixing your product at no charge? And, do you carry enough stock in country for replacement fixtures and interim lighting needs? Is all repair work done in-house by your own personnel?

4) Do you have a store or shopfront, like Haight Solid State, that we can visit in California, or do you drop ship everything from your manufacturer directly like Hydro Grow LED?

Welcome Mike. I am also interested in the answers to these questions.

Welcome Mike. I am also interested in the answers to these questions.

I'll add another question for Mike,

What brand are the LEDs?
In particular, which brand is used for the far red, 660nm?

Thanks.

i can't send pm's, i need to get my weight up, lol. so, here's my response:

it hasn't arrived, yet. i'm not trying to sell the lights i just figured i'd cut out the middle man. i have just finished giving all the specifications and now i'm waiting for the light to be made. i'll definitely keep you posted. they said it takes 5 days to make and it has to cure or some shit like that. so, it may be a month or so, but, i'll definitely keep you posted.

i went with Shenzhen Baisheng Semiconductor Lighting Co., because they have a gold member status. the status has something to do them having a very good audit report or something to that effect. a moderator already sent me a warning for how i posted a pic so, i don't want to get into any trouble posting info related to the there email address. i will say this just look at the name of the company on made-in-china. it has their info. my contact persons name is patty and all of here emails have all the company numbers direct and mobile, skype and msn. the chinese aren't the biggest exports and manufacturers for nothing. just look at all the knockoff air jordans and air force 1 they make and sale for unbelievable prices.

patty@bsled.com

i can't send pm's, i need to get my weight up, lol. so, here's my response:

it hasn't arrived, yet. i'm not trying to sell the lights i just figured i'd cut out the middle man. i have just finished giving all the specifications and now i'm waiting for the light to be made. i'll definitely keep you posted. they said it takes 5 days to make and it has to cure or some shit like that. so, it may be a month or so, but, i'll definitely keep you posted.

i went with Shenzhen Baisheng Semiconductor Lighting Co., because they have a gold member status. the status has something to do them having a very good audit report or something to that effect. a moderator already sent me a warning for how i posted a pic so, i don't want to get into any trouble posting info related to the there email address. i will say this just look at the name of the company on made-in-china. it has their info. my contact persons name is patty and all of here emails have all the company numbers direct and mobile, skype and msn. the chinese aren't the biggest exports and manufacturers for nothing. just look at all the knockoff air jordans and air force 1 they make and sale for unbelievable prices.

patty@bsled.com

Cool, ive been speaking to a different rep at the same company for a while now, nice guy, just a little slow in responding sometimes.
I knew they had other reps, but just didnt have a contact addy.

Ill see what info i can extract from patty regarding what actual brand of LEDs are available in 660nm to put in their lights.
Because thats one peice of info that none of the people reselling lights from them are very forthcoming with, and its actually quite important as far as performance of the light goes.

It may be to early for me to say but the single plant I have under the HGL 126w seems to have rock solid buds.

I have seen the difference with my own eyes between her unit and even PS units. Hers makes fluff...that's all there is to it.

I would have to agree that some CFL action would create the same if not better plants, with LESS fluff..

My 2 Bits

-go

just got a e-mail from fed ex and my light should be hear tomorrow. wow thanks mike for the super fast delivery one day? thats what i am talking about.

Lucky you, extra quick shipping. My three 120watts will be here on the 27th. I cant wait to see that 600w light! When you get it Irish, if it isn't to much to ask can you take a pic of the HGL, the PS, and the GLH light side by side with the power on so everyone can see the intensity difference? That would be pretty awesome. Thanks Mike at GLH, your actions wont be over looked...

Lucky you, extra quick shipping. My three 120watts will be here on the 27th. I cant wait to see that 600w light! When you get it Irish, if it isn't to much to ask can you take a pic of the HGL, the PS, and the GLH light side by side with the power on so everyone can see the intensity difference? That would be pretty awesome. Thanks Mike at GLH, your actions wont be over looked...

ya i will do that. it will be a few day though because i am still using my other lights at the moment. man i had a little bud that got clipped off of the Hindu skunk, and holy $hit that is some murder. i have never seen so much resin on bud. and trust me i have some some fire in my time. i have a $400 micro scope and let me tell you, u cant even imagine what my forest of resin looks like. bad ass. i feel like a little person walking threw a forest of resin. screw the 30x-60x scopes. use a lab scope and it will blow ur mind.lol.

Back
Top Bottom