LED Trinity Grow - Round 1

i would be cautious feeding your plants nutrients, too many nutrients cause more damage then too little. i would start your plants on a 1/4 recommended dosage and slowly work your way up at the next few feedings. how is the pH of your feed water?

Hi KingJohn.,
Thanks for the advise. The first feeding was 1/2 strength, I tried a full strength and will keep an eye on it, I ph the water to 5.8. Worst case is i'll need to flush out the reservoir tomorrow when I go check on my girls again. I was thinking maybe making it stronger cause the roots are about a foot long in the reservoir for each plant. Hope I don't hurt them, I'm not sure what else would be causing the leaves to roll up the way they are on both plants. The rolled up leaves aren't dry or brittle they are still soft and pliable.

Hi all
Went to check on my girls tonight, problems, nothing to serious but leaves are still rolling up on the Kush and Widow a little. The leaf tips are starting to dry out and it seems a little worse since i put the full strength nutes 2 days ago. The ppm is only 293 which should be fine for this stage of growth and PH is 5.8.
I did find that the previous PH readings I was getting were a little low , just cause its so hard to see properly by the light in the grow room. I took the test kit out tonight and got a better reading. I also bought a 24/7 Ph, ppm and water temp meter today, I just have to calibrate it and set it up in the closet. It will give me a much more accurate reading than the color coded kit I have now.
Other than the rolling leaves the plants are looking good. They are growing well, and tonight I topped both of them for the first time at the 4th node.
The second Master Kush seedling made it into the veg chamber and the Blue Mystic are growing also. I think I am going to separate this grow journal into two journals. One for the 2 Master Kush and 1 White widow and a second journal for the Blue Mystic. I want to do this simply because I'm going to put the Blues into a separate chamber of the Trinity Closet. The Blues need a little longer veg and flower time for a better yield, and they are smaller bushier plants so they won't scrog well with the others.
I'll post another update in a couple of days and hopefully i'll have this leaf problem under control.
:peace:
Stealthgrow

photo_1_103.JPG

photo499.JPG

photo_2_88.JPG

:rollit:

Hi all. I need some input and help pls.
I've been doing some research and I found a video that says if the stems or veins are turning purple and rolled leaves means it could be a magnesium deficiency. The plants are a little young for magnesium deficiency aren't they? There is purple on the stems of the Master kush but not on the White widow and both plants leaves are rolling up slightly. Any thoughts anyone?

Hi again everyone.
After a little more online and video research I think I was right with my magnesium deficiency guess as the root of the problem with the girls. I checked my feed schedule and low and behold, no magi-cal had been introduced into the diet yet. BINGO!! Gave it a full strength dose of magi-cal tonight and there should be an improvement within a couple of days.(fingers crossed) Topped the girls last night and by this evening there was already growth on the 2 new main nods. I'm amazed how fast these girls are growing and how bushy they are, there is barely any space at all between the nodes.

IMG_120112.JPG

Kush on the left. White widow on the right. You can see the purple hue to the stems on the kush, and the leaf curling on both plants in this photo

Once the magnesium deficiency is resolved these girls should explode with growth.
Stay tuned for an update in about a week.

Hi, I have the superstar LED grow cabinet and this is my first grow to. I have the same issue with the leaves and just added the magi-cal yesterday, hopefully that will fix it. Going to switch to 18 and 6 starting tonight. So far I am very happy with the cabinet, I have 12 plants total, a mix of Critical Kush, God Bud, and Deep Cheese and all are doing very well.

Can you do me a favor? I have the 6 panel 210w LED and there are 2 diodes, 1 in each center panel, that look like they are not working. Would you take a look at your LED and see if all diodes are working?

I spoke with Supercloset support and was told that those 2 diodes are infrared and can't be seen by the human eye. I asked for some documentation showing this and he sent the following reply:

"We are going to video the opening of a brand new box, plug in the LED and show that those two lights are in fact infrared and are not visible to the human eye."

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they are telling the truth but I'm not stupid and it sure looks like those two diodes are defective. Just curious if all yours are working. Thanks and good luck!

Hi, I have the superstar LED grow cabinet and this is my first grow to. I have the same issue with the leaves and just added the magi-cal yesterday, hopefully that will fix it. Going to switch to 18 and 6 starting tonight. So far I am very happy with the cabinet, I have 12 plants total, a mix of Critical Kush, God Bud, and Deep Cheese and all are doing very well.

Can you do me a favor? I have the 6 panel 210w LED and there are 2 diodes, 1 in each center panel, that look like they are not working. Would you take a look at your LED and see if all diodes are working?

I spoke with Supercloset support and was told that those 2 diodes are infrared and can't be seen by the human eye. I asked for some documentation showing this and he sent the following reply:

"We are going to video the opening of a brand new box, plug in the LED and show that those two lights are in fact infrared and are not visible to the human eye."

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they are telling the truth but I'm not stupid and it sure looks like those two diodes are defective. Just curious if all yours are working. Thanks and good luck!

Hi Rayjkeg
Yes, i'll have a look at the LED diodes and let you know, Also its been two days since I added my magi-cal, I'm gonna go check up on my girls tonight once the lights turn on to make sure they are feeling better.

Sorry Scarfinger, I'm not following. What do I remove? There are no * in my signature.. or do you want me to remove everything in between? ....but that is everything.

[*URL= LED Trinity Grow - Round 1[/URL*]

Remove the * and it should look like this
Supercloset LED Trinity Grow - Round 1

Sorry Scarfinger, I'm not following. What do I remove? There are no * in my signature.. or do you want me to remove everything in between? ....but that is everything.

All you have to do is copy this: [*URL= LED Trinity Grow - Round 1[/URL*]

Now go to settings, edit sig, and past it in there... then remove the two * that I put in it so that you could copy it. After you remove those * (the one at the beginning of URL and the one at the end of the last URL) it will display as a link to your grow.

All you have to do is copy this: [*URL= LED Trinity Grow - Round 1[/URL*]

Now go to settings, edit sig, and past it in there... then remove the two * that I put in it so that you could copy it. After you remove those * (the one at the beginning of URL and the one at the end of the last URL) it will display as a link to your grow.

Got it, Thanks for the help :)

Seriously it is a very interesting set up you got and I want to see you get to the finnish line with some real nice buds
Thank you Stealthgrow:cheesygrinsmiley:
Not at all Jaga, welcome to the fun!! Thanks for checking my grow out.

Thanks for the interest everyone.
;)

I didn't get a chance to check on my girls last night, so will definitely be there tonight. Its been 3 days since I've seen them, and they were feeling a little down. Gave them some magi-cal and i'm anxious to see how they are feeling now.
I'll post an update on both grows tonight. I have to install the new nutrient monitor I got, now that its calibrated, and setup the second closets reservoir for the Blue Mystic. Lots o work to do tonight, but i'm super looking forward to it.
talk to you all soon.

Hi everyone:)

Went to check up on the girls tonight and they are doing well. They are growing strong, the magi-cal did help a little. The bottle said between 5-10ml/gal, and i put a little under 5ml/gal cause they are young plants, but i think they could have used a little more.
Tonight I put the Kush and Widow into the 6f closet so they will have all the room they need to grow, I had to do this before the root systems got to big, and to make room for the Blue Mystic in the other closet.
Tonight I also installed the new nutrient monitor I got, changed out the water and added full strength nutes including the magi-cal.
The plants are really starting to grow now. They are both very bushy but as you can see in the photos the White widow is growing every which way but up. Its so bushy some of the leaves at the bottom are twisting on their own to try and get to the light.
I topped these girls 5 days ago but the space between nodes is gonna make it hard to scrog her out. Think i'm gonna raise the light a couple of feet in the hopes she will stretch a little.
The Master Kush is doing better, still has some rolling of the leaves but not so bad in the newer growth, I hope the higher dose of magi-cal will clear up the problem within a couple more days. All in all, a fairly productive night, I think.
Stats tonight.
PH=5.8
PPM=720
Water temp=72.7F
Air temp=76F

The Girls
IMG_123917.JPG

IMG_121015.JPG

Master Kush
IMG_121315.JPG

Bushy ass White Widow
IMG_121515.JPG

The Root system on both is about the same size.
IMG_120821.JPG

The new Nutrient monitor
IMG_121621.JPG

The Closet
IMG_121714.JPG

Hope everyone is nice and medicated, more updates in a coupls of days.
G'nite all.

Back
Top Bottom