LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC

Thanks @Bill284 this was definitely a learning experience. Funny I have gloves, h2o2, and everything else needed on my shelves down there. I spray all cutting instruments with the h2o2 but never thought to wear gloves when trimming.
I think the biggest problem was not taping up the joints immediately. I should have done that right away and did not. Oh well, next time.
Hope you are well my friend. How are your seeds progressing?

Thanks @Bill284 this was definitely a learning experience. Funny I have gloves, h2o2, and everything else needed on my shelves down there. I spray all cutting instruments with the h2o2 but never thought to wear gloves when trimming.
I think the biggest problem was not taping up the joints immediately. I should have done that right away and did not. Oh well, next time.
Hope you are well my friend. How are your seeds progressing?
They have tails woohoo :welcome:
I'm so excited, finally.
So into peat pucks today.
Need more soil and supplies but it'll come together no worries.
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Have a great day my friend.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Well, not supercropping exactly. More like bending the plants to my will ;) They were too big to move into this tent and I had to bend them to size. I didn't use pliers, just pinched and bent the stems and they split wide open. I didn't tape them all right away, though, and something got in there :( I'll remember this for the future, though.

Date: 4/29/22 - Day 19 of flower
Strain - Purple Haze photo clones x 4
Grow space - Vivosun 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 14 Inches away - 55k LUX
Extraction - AC Infinity 6" extraction fan with Controller69
2x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Rhino Skin, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7, Purpinator, Big Bud
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Weekly Temperatures

I haven't really done anything to control basement temperatures over the last week. While it may be slightly cooler than I'd like for growing, it's perfect for keeping the RDWC system cool. For now I'll take it. And not needing to do anything to keep it there is a bonus :)

Speaking of not needing to do much, feeding this RDWC system has been a breeze. I've been mixing nutes in 18 gallon batches and feeding the system as needed. They're drinking a little over 3g every two days, so I only need to mix nutes every 10-12 days. Other than that I just go down every other day to check the res and fill it.

The pH is staying between 5.8-6.0 and the PPMs are gradually rising, as I'd want them to starting flower. So far I've been feeding mostly nutes with few water additions. As the PPM on the feed tops out I may need to start feeding more water to keep the PPMs from increasing in the RWDC.

Well, hopefully all of the drama is behind us and we can get to the business of flowering. The canopy is somewhat uneven but I'm going to live with that for this grow. Everyone's building well right now. They're not stretching too much so it looks like they'll avoid the supercropping again ;) I'm going to give it a few more days to make sure they're done stretching then clean them up.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend!

Well, not supercropping exactly. More like bending the plants to my will ;) They were too big to move into this tent and I had to bend them to size. I didn't use pliers, just pinched and bent the stems and they split wide open. I didn't tape them all right away, though, and something got in there :( I'll remember this for the future, though.
I had this happen to me last week. An accidental supercrop. I literally split the stem Al,ost in two. My stem as hanging down. I think it’s all about quick action. I think of it as a wound. I wiped it with an alcohol wipe and used plain sticky tape to cover the plant wound then braced it with a stake. Tbh my break was so bad, I was shook when she bounced back. It’s the gnarliest knuckle everrrr

That brown ooze to me looks like the beginning of a simple necrosis. I think the infection caused by that break would track all the way down to the end of your growth on that branch so I think you did the right thing cutting it.

Your grow looks great btw :)

Thanks @Trala yea I didn't see anything good happening by leaving that on. And you want to see some knarly knuckles these ladies are full of them ;)
I actually hate the process of super cropping, but I have to say, my Dos Si Doh has loved it

Date: 4/29/22 - Day 19 of flower
Light height and reading - Vivosun VS4000 400w LED @ 100% 14 Inches away - 55k LUX
Nutrients - Mega Crop, Rhino Skin, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7, Purpinator, Big Bud
Weekly Temperatures

I haven't really done anything to control basement temperatures over the last week. While it may be slightly cooler than I'd like for growing, it's perfect for keeping the RDWC system cool. For now I'll take it. And not needing to do anything to keep it there is a bonus :)

Speaking of not needing to do much, feeding this RDWC system has been a breeze. I've been mixing nutes in 18 gallon batches and feeding the system as needed. They're drinking a little over 3g every two days, so I only need to mix nutes every 10-12 days. Other than that I just go down every other day to check the res and fill it.

The pH is staying between 5.8-6.0 and the PPMs are gradually rising, as I'd want them to starting flower. So far I've been feeding mostly nutes with few water additions. As the PPM on the feed tops out I may need to start feeding more water to keep the PPMs from increasing in the RWDC.

Well, hopefully all of the drama is behind us and we can get to the business of flowering. The canopy is somewhat uneven but I'm going to live with that for this grow. Everyone's building well right now. They're not stretching too much so it looks like they'll avoid the supercropping again ;) I'm going to give it a few more days to make sure they're done stretching then clean them up.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend!
Looking great over here LKA!

How tall are they? Looks like you’re going to get a net full of sweet nugs!

- V

Looking great over here LKA!

How tall are they? Looks like you’re going to get a net full of sweet nugs!

- V
Hi @Verbalist they're around 33" tall right now. I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to more with a tent full of purple haze; the beautiful colors they throw at the end or the spicy berry smell. Yea, a little of both ;)

Looking great, other than the misfortune of that stem not healing.
Thanks @steelcurtain22 yea Jolt is about 1/2 of what she used to be. Although her remaining buds should get a little extra boost, overall yield will suffer. Fortunately, right now my Grove bags are full and I have another grow right behind this one. It's a nice place to be and let's me be content with what I'll get. And, it looks like I'll still get quite a bit :yummy:

Hey Budman!

Losing that big branch has certainly taken the luster off this grow, and now I have completely lost interest. :straightface:

Of course I jest! :laughtwo:

It's an awesome job you have done and continue to do. :bravo:

Date: 5/2/22 - Day 22 of flower
Weekly Temperatures

Temperatures are remaining steady down in the basement. It looks like the basement stays 1-2f cooler than the main floor with the A/C on. So, if it's 72 upstairs it's around 70 in the basement. With the lights adding some heat it's working really well for the tents. As long as the dehumidifier keeps working...

I've fallen into a nice routine with the RDWC, checking and adding 3-4 gallons every 2 days. I realized today they've been in the RDWC for over 5 weeks (37 days). I've added 5 gallons of water and 58 gallons of full-strength nutrients. The RDWC holds 45 gallons so I've gone through 140% of the reservoir.:morenutes:
I'm not seeing any issues with the plants, but I'm starting to worry about getting the res out of balance. I'm thinking about draining 1/2 of the res (20 gal) and filling that with new nutes. Right now I'm watching the plants to see if they need anything.

The roots are still looking good, at least what I can see through the hatch.

I can find a couple of spots (mostly wind burn), but overall they're looking great. The buds are stacking and are getting frosty and sticky. They're starting to smell more each day too :yummy:

This bud is hiding in the front-right corner of the tent so it's missed in most of the pictures

I think they're just about done stretching. I measured them today at 35", so they only stretched about 5". That's about normal for my plants, but I though since these were bigger that I'd get more stretch. Not that I'm complaining, these girls are covered in pistils and trics :) I'm going to need to get in there soon and clean them up a little, especially in the middle.

I do have one concern. There is a bud right in the middle of the tent that turned mostly orange a couple of days ago. Now it looks like it is either foxtailing or pushing out nanners. Should I be worried about this bud? Could this just be a little light stress?

Finally, thanks again to whomever nominated this journal for GJOTM, and for all of those that voted. I'm honored to be chosen for this title and hope I can finish this out strong. Thanks as well to all of those that have helped me through my grows, and all of those that keep such wonderful journals on this site. I copy all of the best things from you guys ;)

Plant of the month with Jenny in the same month was surprising. She was definitely my favorite plant (and still is :bong:). Getting BOTM for my first grow, POTM for my second, and GJOTM for my third is a dream come true. I did nothing yesterday but eat, smoke, and play Catan with the family :) I won every game ;) When you're hot, you're hot!

BTW, I started a new journal for my next grow. I'm growing my first non-420 seed, Barney Farm's Mimosa x Orange Punch. It's going to be slow to start, as I'm growing a single mother right now. I'll take clones and move them over to this tent when these ladies are finished. Hope to see you over there!

Hey mate congrats on the two wins. Hope you ended up with a bunch of nice prizes.
Thanks @DV8 they'll be trickling in for the next month or two. This site has fantastic sponsors so I'm getting some good stuff. I'll spread around as much of it as I can, I know my Dad could use some stuff for his grow.
Hey Budman!

Losing that big branch has certainly taken the luster off this grow, and now I have completely lost interest. :straightface:

Of course I jest! :laughtwo:

It's an awesome job you have done and continue to do. :bravo:
Thanks @Grand Daddy Black And I was just about to give up and trash the whole tent.
Looking good LK, and congratulations for GJOTM and POTM, well done!
Indeed! Congratulations on the double win! :bravo:
Thanks @Stunger and @FelipeBlu

Wow, huge and healthy.
I have used medical tape to repair broken branches when supercropping, it's breathable so the stem doesn't sweat and rot. I got it from a first aid kit, it's kind of fibrous stuff.

IMG20220503124848.jpg

IMG20220503124816.jpg

Wow, huge and healthy.
I have used medical tape to repair broken branches when supercropping, it's breathable so the stem doesn't sweat and rot. I got it from a first aid kit, it's kind of fibrous stuff.

IMG20220503124848.jpg

IMG20220503124816.jpg
What a great idea. :cheer:
So obvious but I never thought of it.
Smart cookie my friend.
Thanks JJ your awesome. :thumb:
Hope your having a good one.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom