LKABudMan Grows A Green Crack Auto In The VIVOSUN Smart Grow System - Sponsored by VIVOSUN

I'll be growing again in the Playpen, a 32x32x60 tent equipped with the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System.

This system brings together the light, circulation fan, and automated exhaust into one system. The system can be controlled by the GrowHub, easily mounted on any tent. Even better, the wi-fi controller can be linked to the Vivosun App, where you can monitor and control it from anywhere.

The Vivosun app adds a whole new level of functionality. You can set a schedule for any of the components. You can change the spectrum (seedling/veg/flower) and intensity of the light, and even simulate sunrise/sunsets. The app also adds the 'recipe' function, a way to lay out the settings for each stage of the grow.

Last grow I had a 6" AeroZesh, which is a little large for this tent. I've switched that out to a 4" AeroZesh, which should work much better. The AeroZesh is mounted on the outside of the tent (on the top). It vents from the top-tight corner of the tent, with fresh air coming in through the passive vents on the bottom back and bottom left of the tent.

ll be posting more about the setup of this system soon. I really got behind on this journal, so I'm going back to the beginning. I'll get caught up as quickly as I can ;)

Date: 12/26/22 - Seed started @ 4:20pm
Strain - FastBuds Green Crack Auto Fem (NASC)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System[Smart Grow System - VIVOSUN]
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
All controlled through the VIVOSUN[Love What You Grow | VIVOSUN] App
Nutrients - None yet
Medium - EZ-Gro plugs
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)

I set up the Playpen right after the last grow, so I figured it's time to get this grow started! My seed germination process is really simple. I don't pre-soak or otherwise prepare the seed. My secret is I always try to place the seed at 4:20pm, right after lighting up!

I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plug for a while in plain tap water to make sure it has absorbed as much moisture as it's going to. Then I stick the seed about 1/2-3/4 inch into the plug, pointy end up. I've found that the combination of putting the seed a little further down and pointy end up gives me the best chance of getting the seed to pop without a helmet. Pointy end up because I want the root to come out of the top, then turn down. I want it to be far enough down so that the seed head is scraped off as it comes up.

Then I tear off a small piece of the plug and use it to cover the hole. I put the plug in a humidity dome with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray, but not enough so that the plug is sitting in water. If the plug sits in water it wicks moisture and gets too wet.

I put another plug in the dome, but this is used for the temperature probe for the heat mat. I want to control the temperature inside the plug, if possible. I re-use the 'temperature probe plug'. I also have a dome with a notch I use for the probe cord.

I set the dome on my @VIVOSUN heat mat with the controller set to 75f. With the dome on and vents closed, the heat mat warms the little bit of water in the bottom of the tray and creates lots of humidity under the dome, usually above 98%. Almost as good as sitting in a glass of water, but the seed can still breathe.

I set the lights to 25% on a 20/4 schedule. I usually get a seedling on the third or fourth day.

If you are more of a visual learner and prefer pictures of the process, see THIS POST

#Vivosun #Lovewhatyougrow

Date: 12/31/22 - Seed planted 12/26/22 @ 4:20pm
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
Nutrients - None yet
Medium - EZ-Gro plugs in humidity dome
Other - Vivosun heat mat with controller set to 75f

After 4 days on the @VIVOSUN heat mat set to 75f, the camera shows the seed started sprouting around 8am on the 4th day. She took a while coming up, though, and didn't come all the way above ground until a little after midnight on 12/31/22, the 5th day. Welcome to the world Emmy!

She came up with her first true leaves already showing, if a bit crooked.

If you look closely at that last picture, you'll see the thermometer plug and that toothpick both have white fuzz growing on them. I guess I shouldn't re-use those over multiple grows. I removed Emmy from that tray and put her in a new tray, with a new temp plug soaked in H2O2.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow

Happy New Year! I just finished a Fruit Punch Auto in this system and was super happy with how she turned out. I'm going to see if I can do it again and get 2023 off with a bang! This time I'm growing a FastBuds Green Crack Auto, from North Atlantic Seed Company (NASC).

I had a few issues with some equipment last run but that's all worked out. I'm really looking forward to another grow in this system. The more I use it the more I love the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System. I can customize the light spectrum and intensity, change airflow, and even set and change exhaust parameters from anywhere. I'll be going over the system in more detail throughout this journal.

I'll be trying to spread this plant out in the 32x32 tent again, using HST (topping at the 5th node) and LST (Carhooks FTW). I'll also be using the SIP bucket again, this time with Remo Nutrients.

What am I growing? Fastbuds Green Crack Auto via North Atlantic Seed Company (NASC)
- Sex: Feminized
- Flowering type: Autoflowering
- Suitable for: Indoor & Outdoor
- Effect: Uplifting | Euphoric | Energizing | Creative | Happy | Relaxing
- Taste/Smell: Spicy | Fruity | Floral | Mango
- Genetics: Skunk #1 x Unknown Indica x Ruderalis
- Height: 60-90 cm indoors
- Yield: 350-550 g/m² indoors
- From seed to harvest: 9-10 weeks (63-70 days)
- Genotype: 55% Sativa / 45% Indica
- THC: > 20%
Screenshot 2022-12-29 153018.jpg

Where am I growing? I'll be growing this auto in the 'Playpen', a 32x32x60 tent in my basement. This tent will be equipped with the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow system[Smart Grow System - VIVOSUN], featuring:

- AeroLight - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan that increases airflow to the canopy, encouraging balanced temperature and humidity that won the Red Dot 2022 design award. The AeroLight is made with 301B Diodes, dimmable driver, sunlike full spectrum, perfect for every stage of growth from seedling to flowering, and it is entirely programmable and adjustable.

- AeroZesh - Ultra powerful automated air flow, the AeroZesh is a PWM controlled EC fan utilizing mixed-flow design to control speeds and create high static pressure, improving performance and reducing noise, fully programmable through the GrowHub, and optimized for controlling temperature and humidity.

- Growhub - The central hub for the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System, controls all tent equipment simultaneously, allows you to adjust operation of equipment with simple-to-read interface, Grow Recipes take plants from seed to harvest automatically, can control many devices and is compatible across platforms, easy to install on tent walls with magnetic mounting plate

- VIVOSUN App - Capable of managing multiple grow devices simultaneously, tracks and displays relevant data to help you improve your tent performance, use preprogrammed pro Grow Recipes to program the AeroLight and your ventilation and take you from seed to harvest automatically, or design your own Grow Recipes from scratch, and take your grow on the go.

The system is Fully Automated! The complete Smart Grow System for your grow space—control ventilation, lighting, spectrum, light intensity, on/off periods, and air circulation through the GrowHub and link all of your equipment together so your environment works in unison, monitor your environment from anywhere with the App, automatically respond to changes beyond your parameters, and establish the perfect grow.

What am I growing in?
I'll be growing this auto in soil in a 5g bucket with a GroBucket SIP insert. I have half a bag of FF Happy Frog,so I'll use that. I'll pre-amend the soil with some Dynomyco and Geoflora Veg, but I'll be switching to Remo Nutrients for flower.
- Medium: FFHF soil with GeoFlora & Dynomyco
- Nutrients: Remo Nutrients
- Pot: Start in 4" pot, moving to 5g bucket with SIP insert
- Water: Carbon-filtered well water @ 100ppm/8.1pH

Basement:
- Temps: 66-72f Central A/C and heat, radiant heater if needed
- Humidity: 40-55% with large dehumidifier

Any other equipment?
- Wyze V3 Camera
- Govee thermometer/hygrometer
- Floor fan for tent circulation
For starting seeds:
- VIVOSUN Heat mat + controller
- EZ-Gro Plugs
- Small grow tray w/ dome

O. M. G !

You started a new adventure without me?!

I thought we were growmies!

Date: 1/4/23 - Day# 5
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
In -Seedling- Mode
- Light
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:60%
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Low Speed
- Exhaust Fan:
- 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 74% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 84F / 76% RH, default off
Medium - 4" pot with mix of FFHF with 1t Geoflora Veg + 1t Dynomyco
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to 70% RH
Other - 8" floor fan

12/31/22 - After Emmy sprouted, I put the humidifier in the tent and took off her dome. I usually wait a day, and probably should have this time. I set the AeroLight to 25% at about 13DLI.

1/1/23 - Either I should have kept the dome on or too much light, but after her first day she had not grown at all and her leaves were turned.So I backed the light off about 6" and left the humidifier at 70%.

1/2 - Emmy still doesn't look great. I decided to put her in her 4" pot. She didn't have any roots coming out of the plug and looked pretty pathetic. I'm hoping she does better now that she's in some soil. I watered her pot thoroughly and will be measuring her weight going forward. She was 194g initially (with somewhat moist soil), and 312g fully watered.

1/3 - Emmy's first set of leaves is straightening out, and her second set is showing. She looks much better today, with her leaves standing out instead of down.

1/4 - And here we are today, finally caught up. Emmy's first leaves have almost straightened out completely and she looks very happy.

She is still a shorty but I'm not worried about that. She's slowly working through her first pot of water. I'll leave the @VIVOSUN AeroLight where it is until the end of the week. Hopefully she grows a little and increases her DLI naturally.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I'll be growing again in the Playpen, a 32x32x60 tent equipped with the @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System.

This system brings together the light, circulation fan, and automated exhaust into one system. The system can be controlled by the GrowHub, easily mounted on any tent. Even better, the wi-fi controller can be linked to the Vivosun App, where you can monitor and control it from anywhere.

The Vivosun app adds a whole new level of functionality. You can set a schedule for any of the components. You can change the spectrum (seedling/veg/flower) and intensity of the light, and even simulate sunrise/sunsets. The app also adds the 'recipe' function, a way to lay out the settings for each stage of the grow.

Last grow I had a 6" AeroZesh, which is a little large for this tent. I've switched that out to a 4" AeroZesh, which should work much better. The AeroZesh is mounted on the outside of the tent (on the top). It vents from the top-tight corner of the tent, with fresh air coming in through the passive vents on the bottom back and bottom left of the tent.

ll be posting more about the setup of this system soon. I really got behind on this journal, so I'm going back to the beginning. I'll get caught up as quickly as I can ;)
I like the fan idea on top of the tent, I think I’m going to do that to. More room in the tent.🤔 CL🍀

Date: 12/31/22 - Seed planted 12/26/22 @ 4:20pm
Nutrients - None yet
Medium - EZ-Gro plugs in humidity dome
Other - Vivosun heat mat with controller set to 75f

After 4 days on the @VIVOSUN heat mat set to 75f, the camera shows the seed started sprouting around 8am on the 4th day. She took a while coming up, though, and didn't come all the way above ground until a little after midnight on 12/31/22, the 5th day. Welcome to the world Emmy!

She came up with her first true leaves already showing, if a bit crooked.

If you look closely at that last picture, you'll see the thermometer plug and that toothpick both have white fuzz growing on them. I guess I shouldn't re-use those over multiple grows. I removed Emmy from that tray and put her in a new tray, with a new temp plug soaked in H2O2.

Happy birth day Emmy!

O. M. G !

You started a new adventure without me?!

I thought we were growmies!
I'd never start without you, Trala. I could have sworn I saw you on the back of the bus somewhere... didn't you get your ticket?
Happy birth day Emmy!
Thanks!

I like the fan idea on top of the tent, I think I’m going to do that to. More room in the tent.🤔 CL🍀
I have the exhaust fan mounted outside both of my tents to make more room inside. Then again I don't usually use a filters, either. You can push through the filter if you need to, though.

I'd never start without you, Trala. I could have sworn I saw you on the back of the bus somewhere... didn't you get your ticket?
No I didn’t!

I had to break in like a common criminal!

Oh and I roofied your guard dog. Hopefully he’s just sleeping…

I have the exhaust fan mounted outside both of my tents to make more room inside. Then again I don't usually use a filters, either. You can push through the filter if you need to, though.
I was thinking about making a board and venting it outside but not sure if that would open me up to outside concerns? CL🍀

Date: 1/4/23 - Day# 5
In -Seedling- Mode
- Light
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:60%
- Circulation Fan
- 00:00-24:00 Low Speed
- Exhaust Fan:
- 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 74% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 84F / 76% RH, default off
Medium - 4" pot with mix of FFHF with 1t Geoflora Veg + 1t Dynomyco
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to 70% RH
Other - 8" floor fan

12/31/22 - After Emmy sprouted, I put the humidifier in the tent and took off her dome. I usually wait a day, and probably should have this time. I set the AeroLight to 25% at about 13DLI.

1/1/23 - Either I should have kept the dome on or too much light, but after her first day she had not grown at all and her leaves were turned.So I backed the light off about 6" and left the humidifier at 70%.

1/2 - Emmy still doesn't look great. I decided to put her in her 4" pot. She didn't have any roots coming out of the plug and looked pretty pathetic. I'm hoping she does better now that she's in some soil. I watered her pot thoroughly and will be measuring her weight going forward. She was 194g initially (with somewhat moist soil), and 312g fully watered.

1/3 - Emmy's first set of leaves is straightening out, and her second set is showing. She looks much better today, with her leaves standing out instead of down.

1/4 - And here we are today, finally caught up. Emmy's first leaves have almost straightened out completely and she looks very happy.

She is still a shorty but I'm not worried about that. She's slowly working through her first pot of water. I'll leave the @VIVOSUN AeroLight where it is until the end of the week. Hopefully she grows a little and increases her DLI naturally.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
Nice job on the solo.
Everything looks fantastic. :thumb:
Fantastic set up as usual. :welldone:
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

No I didn’t!

I had to break in like a common criminal!
I tagged you on the second post...
Oh and I roofied your guard dog. Hopefully he’s just sleeping…
If you knew my dog, you'd know that you just need to give her food and she'll be your best friend for life ;)

I was thinking about making a board and venting it outside but not sure if that would open me up to outside concerns? CL🍀
If you're pushing through a filter then it shouldn't be an issue. If not, I'd put something on there to keep bugs from getting in.
I also found a low $ fix for monitoring temps it’s a 2 outlet with temp probe. Outlet #1 is for heat and #2 is for a fan. 21 bucks. CL🍀
That works good for one tent. I have multiple tents in my basement, so it works better for me to control the temperature and humidity in the basement, then let a @VIVOSUN GrowHub manage the environment in each tent.

Nice job on the solo.
Everything looks fantastic. :thumb:
Fantastic set up as usual. :welldone:
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill. I'm loving this @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with your new shed and all that automation :)

If you're pushing through a filter then it shouldn't be an issue. If not, I'd put something on there to keep bugs from getting in.

That works good for one tent. I have multiple tents in my basement, so it works better for me to control the temperature and humidity in the basement, then let a @VIVOSUN GrowHub manage the environment in each tent.
Yeah that’s kind of what I thought about venting it outside. I have a 4x4 tent I’m trying to get setup for as little $ as possible. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom