LKABudMan Grows A Green Crack Auto In The VIVOSUN Smart Grow System - Sponsored by VIVOSUN

Date: 1/6/23 - Day# 7
Strain - FastBuds Green Crack Auto Fem (NASC)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System in -Seedling- Mode
- AeroLight* - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:60%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (19" away 17.5 DLI)
- Circulation Fan*
- 00:00-24:00 Low Speed
- AeroZesh* - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 66% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 84F / 68% RH, default off
- Growhub* - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
* All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
Medium - 4" pot with mix of FFHF with 1t Geoflora Veg + 1t Dynomyco
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to 60% RH
Other - 8" floor fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Temperatures
Screenshot_20230106_121925_Govee Home.jpg

All I've done for the last couple of days is weigh and measure Emmy every morning and fill the humidifier (mostly on time). She went below 50% water in her pot so I gave her 30ml around the edges this morning. I want to keep encouraging those feeder roots to the edge while the tap root works on draining the pot.
Screenshot 2023-01-06 103411.jpg

I know there's a debate as to the best way to start a SIP plant. It seems to take the plant time to get used to the SIP water table no matter what you do. I think the first 2-3 weeks is crucial for autos, and I feel I can control her growth better in the 4" pot than I can in an SIP. I also want another chance to coat her rootball in @DYNOMYCO and going from the 4" to the SIP is a perfect time. So I'd like Emmy to get a decent rootball in the 4" pot before going to the SIP.

I was thrilled with how my last auto, Pebbles, turned out. Looking back at my notes, she transitioned to the SIP pretty quickly. When I uppotted to the SIP on day# 17 she was draining her pot in two days. I topped her two days after up-potting (day# 19) and started her LST four days later (day# 23). Looking back, I'd have only done a couple things differently:

- I watered her on day# 14, her first full watering since going into the 4" pot. Then she needed watering again on day# 16. I should have uppotted then, on day# 16, instead of watering and then waiting another day to uppot. This time as soon as Emmy can drain her 4" pot in 48 hours she'll go into the SIP.
- I filled the SIP res when I uppotted, then realized it was too much for her and drained 2L from the res two days later. She didn't need water again until day# 5 after uppot. This time when I up-pot, I'll water the rootball to integrate it into the SIP, then put 1L in the res. I'll put another liter in the next day and try to keep it at a lower level until she's happy again. I'm hoping that will be 2-3 days later, then I'll fill up the res.

Starting her second week, I turned the humidifier down from 70% to 60% today and lowered the @VIVOSUN AeroZesh humidity setpoints. As the plant transitions from seedling to veg, I'll encourage her to drink more from her roots and less from her leaves by raising the VPD closer to 1.0.

- Old Exhaust Settings:
- 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 74% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 84F / 76% RH, default off
- New Exhaust Settings:

I also moved the @VIVOSUN AeroLight a couple of inches closer today (19" away), bringing her up to 17.5 DLI.
20230106_122140-COLLAGE.jpg

Emmy has finally gotten everything straightened out and looks like she's ready to do some growing! She's still only 2" tall, but she's growing in width and has already pushed out her second node. I already have the SIP bucket filled with soil and watered. It's drying out a bit to get ready for the new occupant. As soon as Emmy can drain her pot in < 48 hours, she'll be transferred to the SIP. Until then I'll keep teasing the roots to the outside of her pot and watch her grow.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

I tagged you on the second post...
Oh well this is awkward. So I drugged your dog for nothing…?!
If you knew my dog, you'd know that you just need to give her food and she'll be your best friend for life ;)
She sounds just like me! I really hope I didn’t kill her lol!

Date: 1/6/23 - Day# 7
Strain - FastBuds Green Crack Auto Fem (NASC)
Grow space - The 'Playpen' - a 32x32x60 tent outfitted with the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System in -Seedling- Mode
- AeroLight* - The world’s first 100W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
- 00:00-04:00 OFF
- 04:00-24:00 Spectrum:Seedling, Intensity:60%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES (19" away 17.5 DLI)
- Circulation Fan*
- 00:00-24:00 Low Speed
- AeroZesh* - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
- Growhub* - Controls all tent equipment simultaneously
* All controlled through the VIVOSUN App
Medium - 4" pot with mix of FFHF with 1t Geoflora Veg + 1t Dynomyco
Other - Humidifier with distilled water set to 60% RH
Other - 8" floor fan
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Temperatures
Screenshot_20230106_121925_Govee Home.jpg

All I've done for the last couple of days is weigh and measure Emmy every morning and fill the humidifier (mostly on time). She went below 50% water in her pot so I gave her 30ml around the edges this morning. I want to keep encouraging those feeder roots to the edge while the tap root works on draining the pot.
Screenshot 2023-01-06 103411.jpg

I know there's a debate as to the best way to start a SIP plant. It seems to take the plant time to get used to the SIP water table no matter what you do. I think the first 2-3 weeks is crucial for autos, and I feel I can control her growth better in the 4" pot than I can in an SIP. I also want another chance to coat her rootball in @DYNOMYCO and going from the 4" to the SIP is a perfect time. So I'd like Emmy to get a decent rootball in the 4" pot before going to the SIP.

I was thrilled with how my last auto, Pebbles, turned out. Looking back at my notes, she transitioned to the SIP pretty quickly. When I uppotted to the SIP on day# 17 she was draining her pot in two days. I topped her two days after up-potting (day# 19) and started her LST four days later (day# 23). Looking back, I'd have only done a couple things differently:

- I watered her on day# 14, her first full watering since going into the 4" pot. Then she needed watering again on day# 16. I should have uppotted then, on day# 16, instead of watering and then waiting another day to uppot. This time as soon as Emmy can drain her 4" pot in 48 hours she'll go into the SIP.
- I filled the SIP res when I uppotted, then realized it was too much for her and drained 2L from the res two days later. She didn't need water again until day# 5 after uppot. This time when I up-pot, I'll water the rootball to integrate it into the SIP, then put 1L in the res. I'll put another liter in the next day and try to keep it at a lower level until she's happy again. I'm hoping that will be 2-3 days later, then I'll fill up the res.

Starting her second week, I turned the humidifier down from 70% to 60% today and lowered the @VIVOSUN AeroZesh humidity setpoints. As the plant transitions from seedling to veg, I'll encourage her to drink more from her roots and less from her leaves by raising the VPD closer to 1.0.

- Old Exhaust Settings:
- 00:00-04:00 High 75F / 74% RH, default off
- 04:00-24:00 High 84F / 76% RH, default off
- New Exhaust Settings:

I also moved the @VIVOSUN AeroLight a couple of inches closer today (19" away), bringing her up to 17.5 DLI.
20230106_122140-COLLAGE.jpg

Emmy has finally gotten everything straightened out and looks like she's ready to do some growing! She's still only 2" tall, but she's growing in width and has already pushed out her second node. I already have the SIP bucket filled with soil and watered. It's drying out a bit to get ready for the new occupant. As soon as Emmy can drain her pot in < 48 hours, she'll be transferred to the SIP. Until then I'll keep teasing the roots to the outside of her pot and watch her grow.

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
Beautiful journaling there bruv :)

oh the humanity another SIP thread to follow

this subject is wearing my eyeballs out 😵
And every time I see SIP I think they are talking tequila.

I’m all about the lick sip suck baby! Look I’m not. I’m soooOooo not. Last time I drank tequila like that I lost 6 hours of my life and vowed to never drink it again.

Lolllllll

Thanks for the tag, off to a great start! I must be hungry, the earlier pics looks like a little green candle stuck in a delicious chocolate brownie. Damn, I gotta eat something....
New sign on Emmy - "Please do not eat the seedlings" :)

Beautiful journaling there bruv :)
Thanks Trala!
And every time I see SIP I think they are talking tequila.

I’m all about the lick sip suck baby! Look I’m not. I’m soooOooo not. Last time I drank tequila like that I lost 6 hours of my life and vowed to never drink it again.

Lolllllll
I used to drink tequila.. used to. Just the thought of it now makes me a little ill...

oh the humanity another SIP thread to follow

this subject is wearing my eyeballs out 😵
I wouldn't do a soil grow in anything else. Compared to my old cloth pots, the SIP is so much quicker to water, easier to maintain, and grows MUCH quicker. Especially for autos, it is the only way to grow!

Looks pretty happy to be in that laboratory!
She has everything optimal right now, that's for sure. Well, at least as long as I remember to fill the humidifier (runs down and fills the humidifier).

Looking great budman and sweet new light 😉
That smart grow system is super informative.
Hey Happy, great to see you again! The @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System rocks! I love being able to control the light, fan, and exhaust from anywhere. These autos seem to love it, too :)

Subbing in.

LKA with Vivosun, SIP and an auto.

Nothing to not love there!

Not sure Ive seen a Green Crack grow, so added twist of interest.
Hey Deev, glad you could join us. I'm looking forward to another Sativa-like grow, but we'll see what we get :)

@VIVOSUN Smart Grow System - Editing a Running Recipe

When you change a @VIVOSUN Smart Grow System recipe you need to go through ALL of the components on that stage before confirming the changes. Here are the steps I took to change the running recipe (in seedling mode) from 60% to 75% light intensity.

* NOTE: I have spotty wi-fi, so I always verify that the GrowHub is connected to the Vivosun App (circled - it would say 0/1 if not connected) before confirming changes.

I was going to go to veg mode, but she has a few more days for that. This changed Emmy from 18.6 to 22.4 DLI.
Screenshot_20230110_092722_Photone.jpg
Screenshot_20230110_110627_Photone.jpg

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

My last grow I almost forgot to turn the light to VEG mode. I figured out today that you can schedule the next stage for a future date. So, I went in and scheduled the system to change on Saturday from Seedling to VEG. Pretty cool!

Back
Top Bottom