Looking For Females With Pigeons420

Hey Pigeon, just a thought for you... If high temps is an issue for you even with LED, why dont you try running youre lights at night to compensate for high daytime heat?

that is such a good idea,, so good in fact that i am in the process of doing just that myself,, so here is the question then,, if one has plants already in the process of flowering,, in the middle of the process even, as in half way to harvest,, and has been lighting near exactly the 'opposite' to what you suggest i.t.c.,, how does one do the transition?? i debated to doing a 36 hr dark period,, then relighting as you suggest,, or does one transition slowly, half hour a day till it's done??

i picked transition slowly over time,, cheers,, great point

that is such a good idea,, so good in fact that i am in the process of doing just that myself,, so here is the question then,, if one has plants already in the process of flowering,, in the middle of the process even, as in half way to harvest,, and has been lighting near exactly the 'opposite' to what you suggest i.t.c.,, how does one do the transition?? i debated to doing a 36 hr dark period,, then relighting as you suggest,, or does one transition slowly, half hour a day till it's done??

i picked transition slowly over time,, cheers,, great point

My understanding is that if youre going to make a complete flip like this that you could extend the dark period until youve reached youre new starting time (lights on). Its what i would do. others may have another opinion on this but from what ive read, at the end of youre next 12 hour light period let them rest 24 hours and than start your 12 hours of light and continue on that way on your new schedule.

i debated about the going all dark, as i mentioned,, maybe i shoulda,, too late now, or maybe not,, gotta think,, argh,, it hurts

i debated about the going all dark, as i mentioned,, maybe i shoulda,, too late now, or maybe not,, gotta think,, argh,, it hurts

Try not to overthink it nivek. You know you want to make the change. Probably the one I'm most comfortable with is the 24 hr dark to initiate the switch.

Don't over think it because I've had so many issues in terms of light problems during all stages of grow. And one quick change of light on your llants Won't be anything to crazy :)

agree, thank you all,, a dark period it is,,

sue,, i will do it,, 28 hrs dark,, lights off 5 oclock this aft,, then lights on nine oclock tomorrow night,, done,, thanks for the input i.t.c., sue, ottawa, pidge,, cheers y'all

Hi guys!

Just a quick update on my autos.

I really should have made a new journal for these girls however, I don't have time for another one! But I am thinking about combining my journals so I can have a steady flow of information.... Until next time.

Autos are doing great. Both girls are showing pistels. The Anesthesia is flourishing the most. While the Tut. is slow but still going... I believe on my last update I mixed the two girls up... Probably should have read the tags before doing my update lol..

Love you all

image21920.jpg
image21921.jpg

Those auto's are looking great Pigeons. I'll sub up if you'll have me. I also run my lights at night to help maintain temps. When I first set up my flower room it was during the day. I fought to get my temps down, to no avail. I did the 24hr dark swap and temps dropped drastically. I also got leds to use during summer. Just put one in next to my hps to ride out spring then the hps will come down. I don't have any experience with mars but I was running a p300 and p450 on veg in my 4x4 tent and was having a hard time getting the temps up.

Those auto's are looking great Pigeons. I'll sub up if you'll have me. I also run my lights at night to help maintain temps. When I first set up my flower room it was during the day. I fought to get my temps down, to no avail. I did the 24hr dark swap and temps dropped drastically. I also got leds to use during summer. Just put one in next to my hps to ride out spring then the hps will come down. I don't have any experience with mars but I was running a p300 and p450 on veg in my 4x4 tent and was having a hard time getting the temps up.

My guess is Mars run hotter than Platinum, my LED raised my temps about 6-8*. I actually didn't expect that high of an increase.

Mars II LED Grow Light 700W - Mars Hydro

Have you ever checked out the 700w Mars II over the reflector for the same price?

Cheaper LEDs have higher temps due to worse ventilation throughout the unit. The Advanced DS XML 350 are extremely cool but they're also $1,000 a piece (Thank God for my brother, lol). Just keep a ton of airflow in and out and you should be fine. A 600 HPS would be much higher still.

Mars II LED Grow Light 700W - Mars Hydro

Have you ever checked out the 700w Mars II over the reflector for the same price?

Cheaper LEDs have higher temps due to worse ventilation throughout the unit. The Advanced DS XML 350 are extremely cool but they're also $1,000 a piece (Thank God for my brother, lol). Just keep a ton of airflow in and out and you should be fine. A 600 HPS would be much higher still.

That is the one I use. I have no complaints about it, I just didn't expect my temps to raise that much. Still it works great.

That is the one I use. I have no complaints about it, I just didn't expect my temps to raise that much. Still it works great.

Glad to hear. I've been eye'ing the new XML650 that came out recently by Advanced or those Blackdog XLU's but I just can't justify spending 1,500 to 2,000 on a light. Heard mixed reviews on the Mars and considered one since the 1600w version is only 600 bucks and could get 5 of these for less than the price of two Advanced. Figured worst case if something happens to it I can fix it myself since LEDs are pretty dang easy to work on but have had a hard time pulling the trigger.

Not trying to hijack your thread Pige. LEDs are definitely the bee's knee's though. Just really wish there was an accurate review of these panels side by side or taken apart. After this grow I'm going to rip the Advanced LEDs apart and buy a Mars and compare.

Hey no worries high jackin nothin. This convo brings for great comparisons and reviews that we otherwise can't get anywhere else.

I like the idea of the 700W Daddio. However, after doing my homework I really want a light with a switch for veg and flower. Just for simplicity. Why have more than one light if I don't need it?

Just waiting for the tax man to get his shit together and send me some skrilla!!

Thanks for checkin me out folks!

Hey no worries high jackin nothin. This convo brings for great comparisons and reviews that we otherwise can't get anywhere else.

I like the idea of the 700W Daddio. However, after doing my homework I really want a light with a switch for veg and flower. Just for simplicity. Why have more than one light if I don't need it?

Just waiting for the tax man to get his shit together and send me some skrilla!!

Thanks for checkin me out folks!

I didn't realize they didn't have the switch. I really wouldn't worry about it though! I've heard on more occasions than not people like to finish out the last two weeks of their grow with the blue spectrum for veg typically with MH. The power draw for the veg spectrum is typically quite a bit lower too so from a bill stand point you really wouldn't be coming out of pocket with any more cash unless you're running a huge setup with tons of LEDs. Either should do you well though, I just like to offer the entire spectrum over the entire course if I am able to. I don't think having both is negative to the plants but I've never looked into that specifically. These Advanced have the dials to turn each spectrum up or down which is neat but I just keep both mine cranked on full, lol. :laughtwo:

I have the bloom and veg switches too but noticed that it seemed to grow slightly better on full spectrum so this veg I just ran full spectrum full power.
I recommend e-shine that I have they are cheap and work very well. It also seems those cheap Mars hydro ones are also great bang for the buck.
Eshine also has three year warranty. I paid $615 delivered for two lights that draw 260w each.

You really think they grow better full spectrum? This isn't the first time I've heard this. And it makes in sense terms of giving the plant "everything".

I don't think it matters much one way or another for veg.

I think you should get eshine 3G or Mars 2 for the best grow for the money.

I agree that if you're looking for best quality for lowest price you can't go wrong with Mars II. I have never owned an E Shine light however I have seen several people get very good results from them.. Ottawa having produced some of the best looking flowers I have ever seen with the E Shine lights. You should give his Chocolope Journal looksy Pigeons (if you haven't already :cheesygrinsmiley: )

I have a Mars II 700W (330 +/- 5% actual draw) and I like it a lot. Mars Hydro only puts the Veg and Bloom spectrum switches on their 1600w unit unfortunately, but what bothers me more than that is there is no On/Off switch on the unit. I feel very weird pulling the plug out of the socket to turn it off...

But other than that I have 0 complaints, produced amazing quality flowers my first grow, even though I messed up and locked out Phosphorous in late Flower and got small buds. In my second grow things are growing great, my furthest along plant is looking great, buds are about to start swelling and I am feeling confident! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Pigeons is a regular contributor in my threads he's seen it ;-). Thanks a lot for the compliment though!

As for powering down mine: has all the switches but I usually just use the one on the light timer anyway... It is connected to the light mover which is connected to the two eshine lights and the two uvb tubes. One timer switch is easier than 4 light switches if I want to shut down for a minute to inspect or photograph with white CFL.

Back
Top Bottom