Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Two questions for all my growing brethren. I filled my 50 site DIY cloner 8 days ago. All clones were dipped in cloning gel,stems were scraped. Water temp is 73*. I added Clonex cloning solution at 5ml per gallon in cloner along with a small amount of H2O2 to ward off slime or other nasties. pump is on 24/7. Room temp is 70* and humidity 45-50%. Some stems are just starting to show some bumps,the beginning of roots. I know I am being impatient but was hoping to be able to bury these within two weeks of starting them,based on today being the first day of something starting to show,approximately how long before I'll have long enough roots?

Second issue to resolve is this. When I finished loading my cloner I had five cuttings left over. I left them in the jar of water that they were sitting in when I loaded my cloner. The stems were not dipped or scraped and there is nothing but water in the jar,the temp of the water in the jar is cooler about 68*,obviously less oxygen in that water. These cuttings actually have freeking roots popping out!! they are clearly at least several days ahead of the ones that are in the darned cloner,why??? I need to load my second cloner tomorrow and don't know which variable I should change to try to promote faster rooting.

I know I shouldn't be under this close of a time restraint and just let it take its course but I need to get this batch rooted as quickly as possible,every day counts here right now.

420fied,do you scrape your stems?

Without pictures I'm giving you blind advice. Every grower has an opinion on this one. I'd hate to give you advice without pics and lead you astray. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

You are absolutely right ha. Well maybe one day when I set up a journal, you may stumble across it haha. Thank you anyways.

Two questions for all my growing brethren. I filled my 50 site DIY cloner 8 days ago. All clones were dipped in cloning gel,stems were scraped. Water temp is 73*. I added Clonex cloning solution at 5ml per gallon in cloner along with a small amount of H2O2 to ward off slime or other nasties. pump is on 24/7. Room temp is 70* and humidity 45-50%. Some stems are just starting to show some bumps,the beginning of roots. I know I am being impatient but was hoping to be able to bury these within two weeks of starting them,based on today being the first day of something starting to show,approximately how long before I'll have long enough roots?

Second issue to resolve is this. When I finished loading my cloner I had five cuttings left over. I left them in the jar of water that they were sitting in when I loaded my cloner. The stems were not dipped or scraped and there is nothing but water in the jar,the temp of the water in the jar is cooler about 68*,obviously less oxygen in that water. These cuttings actually have freeking roots popping out!! they are clearly at least several days ahead of the ones that are in the darned cloner,why??? I need to load my second cloner tomorrow and don't know which variable I should change to try to promote faster rooting.

I know I shouldn't be under this close of a time restraint and just let it take its course but I need to get this batch rooted as quickly as possible,every day counts here right now.

420fied,do you scrape your stems?

To address your first question: Many growers would be excited to see rooting activity within 8 days. Some strains won't show for two weeks or more. My Snow White starts showing pimples on the stem after 3 days and roots poke through on days 7/8. They're usually ready to be buried in 14-16 days. Your situation sounds perfectly normal. Hang in there. ;)

As for the 2nd part. That's interesting. There are growers who clone this way. I've never tried it but have heard about growers getting good results with it. If it works for you, try it again. If it continues to work for you, make a change and go with it. I think that each strain reacts to each situation a bit differently. You just might have found something that your particular strain likes so give it a chance.

As for the "why?". I won't lie..... I'm not suited to answer that and really, I don't know. Corey might have an answer. You can try PMing him. Either way, I'm glad to read that you're getting rooting action! I wish you the very best. Keep me posted on how they do.

Good Growing

Hi folks,

I got a prompt response from Castle. They requested a picture of the order as I received it and promised to fix the error immediately. I sent the above picture which should be enough evidence for them to fix the error with no further delay. I'll have to wait an additional week to introduce CM to my garden but at the very least, I got (3) Critical Haze freebies out of the deal. ;)

Also, tonight will be a big night as I will install my newest toy.

raptor6_1.JPG

Also, I will fill the majority of table 1 with clonex dipped clones. It looks like I'll plant approx 100 tonight, and then another 50 in 2 days or so.

I'll be sure and snap some pics.

Good Growing

sorry to hear about the beans bro, at least you got some Critical Mass so far, hopefully they just send you more mass and you get the haze for free:) Im having a strange issue do you mind having a look in my journal I would love to have your input:Namaste:

I've read good stuff about Critical Haze so the 'error' won't bother me a great deal as long as they rectify it. I'll have a look at your journal.

Can't wait to see that beast hangin.

I've heard a lot of good about ch as well. I hear good about most cm hybrids lol

UPDATE

I'm completely pissed off right now. To make a long story short, I've dealt with the same hydro shop for years. The problem is, it's in another state. Recently, a new shop opened up right down the street(about 15 miles away). Even though the owner is an ignorant fuck, the proximity makes dealing with him convenient. In the last 6 months, I've spent north of 2 grand with this guy. Today, when I picked up the Raptor 6, I asked him for the adapter and again explained that I needed the adapter that enables me to connect the Raptor 6 to my Digital Greenhouse Ballast. He assured me he had what I needed and even pointed to 50 or so more of them laying there. I dropped several hundred dollars for supplies, etc and left.

Of COURSE when I get home and install the Raptor, I find that the adapter is the exact OPPOSITE of what I need. When I called him and explained this, he checked the other 50 he had laying there and realized that they're all exactly what people WON'T need and tells me "I've got it backwards. I probably need to order some of those." My response: "No shit but that doesn't help ME.....TONIGHT. You obviously don't have what I'm in immediate need of, but when will you?" His response? "Whenever I decide to place an order." Now mind you, I just spent hundreds in cash.

I politely said "Thanks. Bye." I then loaded up the Raptor 6, the 600watt Hortilux Bulb, (3) 100 liter bags of perlite, a new PH meter, and all the other supplies and took them straight back to his shop, walked them in, laid them on his counter, and got my money back. He tried to smooth it over but I wasn't having it. His ignorance, topped off with his rudeness, lost him my business forever.

I walked out, called my old shop, and ordered the exact same equipment. It'll be here in 2 days. I'd rather pay extra to deal with someone with an I.Q. above 70. I struggle with ignorance.

Now that my rant is over, here's some semi - good news. As I had explained before, Castle Seeds got back to me within 24 hrs. They asked me to provide a picture of the order, so I emailed them a picture. They immediately responded with an apology and said they'd be shipping the (3) additional Critical Mass seeds right away and to enjoy the Critical Haze as a gift for the error (like I'd fucking mail them back, HA!). It'll take another 10 days or so to get the additional seeds. So in the end I got some free Critical Haze. Bonus! ;)

I'm still going to plant some babies tonight so I'll likely have some pics later. I hope your day has been better than mine.

Good Growing.

That sucks man. Hopefully the few hundred dollar loss will be a lesson to him.

All good things are worth waiting for

All's well that ends well 420fied :Namaste:

Sucks about the asshat at the hydro store. So far, I still like the guys at my shop, but I have caught them offering bad advice a few times. :winkyface:

That's a nice strain to get for free huh? :)

Damn fied that sucks can't wait to see what the raptor looks like as I'm just about ready to take the plunge on my 1000 watt oh well another two days won't kill me my 430 is still kicking

First off I would love to say you have some amazing info and advice on all of your threads. I have always grown from seed until i started reading your journals and am in the process of switching to this. Also thank you for willingly and openly sharing your knowledge.

UPDATE

I'm completely pissed off right now. To make a long story short, I've dealt with the same hydro shop for years. The problem is, it's in another state. Recently, a new shop opened up right down the street(about 15 miles away). Even though the owner is an ignorant fuck, the proximity makes dealing with him convenient. In the last 6 months, I've spent north of 2 grand with this guy. Today, when I picked up the Raptor 6, I asked him for the adapter and again explained that I needed the adapter that enables me to connect the Raptor 6 to my Digital Greenhouse Ballast. He assured me he had what I needed and even pointed to 50 or so more of them laying there. I dropped several hundred dollars for supplies, etc and left.

Of COURSE when I get home and install the Raptor, I find that the adapter is the exact OPPOSITE of what I need. When I called him and explained this, he checked the other 50 he had laying there and realized that they're all exactly what people WON'T need and tells me "I've got it backwards. I probably need to order some of those." My response: "No shit but that doesn't help ME.....TONIGHT. You obviously don't have what I'm in immediate need of, but when will you?" His response? "Whenever I decide to place an order." Now mind you, I just spent hundreds in cash.

I politely said "Thanks. Bye." I then loaded up the Raptor 6, the 600watt Hortilux Bulb, (3) 100 liter bags of perlite, a new PH meter, and all the other supplies and took them straight back to his shop, walked them in, laid them on his counter, and got my money back. He tried to smooth it over but I wasn't having it. His ignorance, topped off with his rudeness, lost him my business forever.

I walked out, called my old shop, and ordered the exact same equipment. It'll be here in 2 days. I'd rather pay extra to deal with someone with an I.Q. above 70. I struggle with ignorance.

Now that my rant is over, here's some semi - good news. As I had explained before, Castle Seeds got back to me within 24 hrs. They asked me to provide a picture of the order, so I emailed them a picture. They immediately responded with an apology and said they'd be shipping the (3) additional Critical Mass seeds right away and to enjoy the Critical Haze as a gift for the error (like I'd fucking mail them back, HA!). It'll take another 10 days or so to get the additional seeds. So in the end I got some free Critical Haze. Bonus! ;)

I'm still going to plant some babies tonight so I'll likely have some pics later. I hope your day has been better than mine.

Good Growing.

I fucking LOVE how you handled the hydro store. I'm sure had he been "oh shit, I'm so sorry, I fucked up" about it, you would have stayed a customer. But these retards with zero customer service and ability to promptly admit a screwup need to feel the heat or gtfo of the oven.

Back
Top Bottom