Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

I've used Herbies for my orders and they ship them inside a dvd case in a Manila envelope. They're discreet and swift with their shipping and I've had no problems so far. I couldn't tell you what happens if they do get intercepted but I would think that they would just be destroyed. All the best :thumb:

Herbies has never failed me........

Side by side defoliation update:
No Defoliation plant on left- looking really healthy, nice dark leaves, buds ahead of the other plant. I'd say she looks about a week ahead.
Defoliated plant- went in the tent 3 days after the non defoliated plant, but is behind in hight, bud growth and root mass. She dosent drink as much as the non defoliated plant.
So far, I am feeling like an idiot defoliating..... plant just seems happier at this point in time.

Screenshot_2015-08-21-19-03-46.png

I'm not making conclusions yet.... But so far the non defoliated plant seems healthier. Defoliation is defoliation wether you have one top or one hundred. It still does the same thing in my opinion. They both have a long way to go, so don't get defensive yet G...haha
Just at this point in time, the non defoliated plant is WAY ahead of the defoliated. You can see how much water they both are using up by the pic, and it's obvious why.
My thoughts on this is that the defoliated plant has had stunted growth because of the removal of the leaves. Does it mean that it will continue this way? I'm not sure

But did you also defol during grow or only bloom?

-------------

Did 1-2 times/week with my girls in both stages, and like what i see.
Also not mush work for trimming left ;)

--------------

Probably extended harvest time abit, but buds are great.

Think its good to start early week 5-6, when do many times(not to extreme) plant get maybe more used to it.(less stress and faster recovery)

I agree G. I have been a proponent for defoliation for about 4 years now. But this is the first time I've done a side by side and can see differences first hand. It is so hard to look at that plant and not pluck leaves off it... lol
As for the veg defol, no. The first defol on that plant was done when I decided to try a side by side. I'm not trying to say anyway is the absolute right or wrong way. I'm mainly doing this for myself and just posting the results if anyone wants to know how it's going. I however will start growing with whatever method produces better plants in my grow. I can't say that I'll stick by the method the whole time, as I do believe that stress (some) is good for everything, and like us, if the plant pulls through the stress I think it will make them stronger.
Happy medium would work for me:)

I agree G. I have been a proponent for defoliation for about 4 years now. But this is the first time I've done a side by side and can see differences first hand. It is so hard to look at that plant and not pluck leaves off it... lol
As for the veg defol, no. The first defol on that plant was done when I decided to try a side by side. I'm not trying to say anyway is the absolute right or wrong way. I'm mainly doing this for myself and just posting the results if anyone wants to know how it's going. I however will start growing with whatever method produces better plants in my grow. I can't say that I'll stick by the method the whole time, as I do believe that stress (some) is good for everything, and like us, if the plant pulls through the stress I think it will make them stronger.
Happy medium would work for me:)

It was experiment in first grow, and doing it again with next. ;)
And yes, abit stress is good for the girls :)

Ill stick with LST, scrog, topping and defol from late veg stage.
(Give nutes just before defol)

Everybody does what he thinks, believes is best for their plants. :thumb:

I used to be a heavy defol type of grower. now I let the plant defol itself. she put a lot of energy into making those big leaves for a reason. I will lollipop, but I wont defol.

I used to be a heavy defol type of grower. now I let the plant defol itself. she put a lot of energy into making those big leaves for a reason. I will lollipop, but I wont defol.

Energy comes from leaves that feed with light, the lower and leaves in the dark are useless ;)

That lost energy goes to newgrow with defol :)

A sunpanel in shadow has bad return too. ;)

Off the defol debate, I decided to chop the OG Kush tonight. Whole plant hang. At least what was left:) checked the tricombs and she has about 10% amber and rest cloudy. I wanted to take it longer, but it should be close to if not what I wanted for my oil and a little to smoke. I'll post a weight when everything is completely dry and trimmed up. Thanks for hanging out with me through all my wishy washy ways and bieng active in my journal! I will keep this journal going till the Purps in the jello cup is done which should be 2 weeks. Started the flush tonight. I haven't went back to look, but whoever is closest to 3 grams dry, I think is going to be really close!
Thanks again everyone!

G- a couple days... probably not much
I got to say I'm feeling like a total dumbass right now... lol I'd tell you why but I don't admit to anything I've done wrong:). I'll get up the pics later for you bud.

Frost- thanks for the compliment man! But I seriously don't deserve it right now.

I'm going to take a break tonight guys because I need to laugh a bit, and I will post everything in the morning. I will leave tonight by saying, The plant was chopped early(G is right) way too early, and I'm an idiot, in many ways but tonight for not paying better attention to detail. Thanks for hanging around. Hopefully it will be better with the purps and blue dream.....

Something I would tell soldiers fresh out of OSOUT, Timing is everything, especially when it is bad (timing).

I did harvest first cut too early(2 weeks yes) you know ;) and lost easy 5-10gr by that.

Mistakes happen but need those to grow better. :)

But you get a speedy high now, which is a nice effect too :grinjoint:

Sufficient supply also stops the urge to early cut. :high-five:

--------------------------

Here, take a toke and relax. :rollit::tokin:

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom