Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

Here's a few pics for you guys. Hanging plant and a close up of tric's so you can see just how early it really was.
Lesson learned from my screw up. Don't forget you put pollen flour on your buds in a last ditch effort to pollinate. Things clean up conciderably after a wash.... :) Just don't make the same mistake twice! Hope you guys learn from my mistake, I sure did.

Screenshot_2015-08-23-13-00-16.png
Screenshot_2015-08-23-13-01-01.png

But you get a speedy high now, which is a nice effect too :grinjoint:

Sufficient supply also stops the urge to early cut.

:passitleft:

Actually the premature harvest bud isn't bad at all. I was waiting for a sativa like high and I was vegged out on the couch and got lost in a round of skyrim and pigged out:) for it bieng pretty early, I'd say it retained the indica stone for sure!

I was low, but not so low that I thought I had to chop. I just got lost and paying attention when I'm in a hurry dosent come natural to me. I just should have slowed down and thought about it before I did it. Live and learn right!

Actually the premature harvest bud isn't bad at all. I was waiting for a sativa like high and I was vegged out on the couch and got lost in a round of skyrim and pigged out:) for it bieng pretty early, I'd say it retained the indica stone for sure!

I was low, but not so low that I thought I had to chop. I just got lost and paying attention when I'm in a hurry dosent come natural to me. I just should have slowed down and thought about it before I did it. Live and learn right!

I did like the "premature" harvest for a short while ,very strong taste that stays long.The effect lasts shorter, but feel faster and a more high in the head ;)
Good to know though,but will not do again.

Trichs on sugar leaves turn earlier into milky-amber noticed,
I look now at calyx,if more grow/thicken appears,(look trichs there)and spitting white hairs.

Thanks for the tips G. I've been growing for a while, this has brought me back to feeling like a newbie... lol. It all gets better from here!

I know about the trics, I don't care about sugar leaves when I'm checking, I always look at the buds for signs of ripeness. Thanks for the comment though, I'm sure it will be helpful to others!

Plus the point of making mistakes is not to make the same ones twice... I think we can all agree on that one:thumb:

So here's the final weigh in before cure. Stems were hit and miss with snapping but all buds were dry an crispy. Let's call it 25 grams first harvest and an even 33 for the final weigh it. So 58 grams of dried bud. I don't weigh anything that won't pack a bowl in a 3" glass pipe... those go to the trim bag to freeze till I'm ready to use it.
Total weight- 58 grams of 2 week early bud! LOL
I believe I said it wouldn't be more than 2 oz, so I was wrong:)
Sometimes it's good to be wrong, but if I'd have done it right, would've been a lil more.

Screenshot_2015-08-26-20-23-15.png
Screenshot_2015-08-26-20-23-08.png

Next update will be in a couple days for the Jello cup Purps and the side by side. Having some issues in the tent right now. Fan keeps shutting off about 2 hours after lights on. Got some pretty bad light burn on the non defoliated plant and a a bunch on other plants in the tent. Not sure how I am going to fix it other than getting a new fan. Side by side may not be fair to go on as the defoliated plant has no light burn as of yet. We shall see in a day or two if I can fix the situation. Thanks guys for hanging around!

Congrats with harvest, 58gr bud isnt that bad.

Enjoy the ganja :)

-------------

Sorry to hear about lightburn, best to keep a spare fan always.

My plants came too close under led, so one fan is blowing under the led and that helps from burn.

So here's a pic of the side by side. Notice the light burn on the non defoliated plant and none on the defoliated one. Not sure why it happened... they were right next to each other on the edge of the light. Maybe the diodes were hotter under the non defoliated plant. Anyways, the defoliated plant has grown taller than the non, and is starting to put weight on the buds. Still not as far along as the non but getting there. I'll try to continue the side by side as long as I can just so the info is out there. The burn might have been caused by all the leaf surface on the non D. I'm not a botanist so I can't confirm one way or the other... just my theory. Have a wonderful day and a safe weekend everyone!

Screenshot_2015-08-27-19-25-44.png

I love the sativa leaf.

it appears to be a deficiency. possibly cal/mag. I can only think that it was closer to a hotter part of the light and needed more nutes. this plant would probably need more water also.

:edit:

it almost looks like to much N also. but it cant be. the other plant would be suffering from it also.

I was thinking the same things along the lines of a Nitrogen toxicity maybe causing a lockout as I see the leaves turning down and not up as would be the case in heat stress (from what I gather anyway). We all know that I'm far from being an expert though so you can take my ideas with a pinch of salt :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom