Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

uhewekguilw

So today I received my new Mars2 900, and immediately had to set it up. First impressions of the light were
1: Really could use an on/off switch
2: The hanging brackets should have been put parallel with the corners instead of on a diamond pattern between the fans.
3: Could have came with two clips instead of just one because only two of the four brackets were bearing weight when hooked it up as I assumed they planned.
4: This thing is heavy for its size, I used the foam it was packed in, put it on a stool and hooked it up that way.
5: Really bright! I wasn't expecting it to blind me when I plugged it in. That's a good thing for sure!

Overall first impressions: I am overall satisfied with the quality of the light. Some things I would have done a bit different if it were my design, but I dealt with it in my way and it seems to be doing just fine for now. I'd really like to see the hanging brackets located in a position even with the corners so the light wouldn't have a tendency to hang diagonally in most tents like mine, but using two ratchet hangers and adjusting them correctly I ended up parallel with the walls of my tent. The customer service I received was top notch! Ruby took plenty of time to answer my questions and concerns about the product. I was back and forth with her for about 3 weeks on email and a few more days on skype to make my decision. Never felt any pressure to purchase and I felt i was treated with respect! At this time I can say that I would definatly buy another light from Mars Hydro and Ruby!
Thanks for taking time out to read my initial impressions of the mars2 900!

Now on to the journal/diary.
This is my first LED and scrog grow! I'm sure there will be a learning curve throughout the grow, but hey, you all can learn from my mistakes... right? I feel that's why we all are on here is to learn from others and from our own mistakes, to maximize on our next grow. That bieng said, this grow has a lot of firsts for me. The lighting, the method (scrog), bieng a single plant grow really makes me nervous, because if I end up killing it, it's just that much longer to get another to the same point. Also first for smart pots and FF Bushmaster Cocoloco. I will also be using blumats when I put this plant into flower.
The rest is pretty much the same for me, using GH maxigrow and maxibloom along with Rhino Skin, and Terpinator. I am hoping to get at least .5 GPW with this new style. Of course I want a GPW but stuff happens especially with a new program. I will try to get some pics up tonight of the grow, but may be tomorrow till I figure this website out. Thanks for looking in, and if you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or constructive criticism, please feel free to post it. I am more than happy to listen to people who know more about this than I do.
Oh yeah, the 1 plant will be an OG Kush from clone, has been under a t5 for about 2 weeks maybe, has already been topped and fimmed, trying to get those tops! Screen will go in twords mid veg. I'm thinking another week in this #1 then into a #3 for 3 weeks then into the #10 smart pot. Till then, I will be using some LST, supercropping, topping, and fimming. I will throw it all at this plant, let's see how she goes! Thanks for stopping by.
GB80

Screenshot_2015-06-02-20-43-31.png
Screenshot_2015-06-03-01-02-10.png

Maybe there will be photos??? Anyways, if there is photos, the first is of my 4x4 tent showing the Mars2 900 and the star of the journal my baby OG Kush clone. Surprisingly, there has been good growth overnight. I'd say a few more tops were showing a bit better for me to fim, and I was able to spread her branches out a bit to get some light to the inner sites. I will take a few new pics in a couple days and add the to my photos.
The second picture is of a Candied Alien from seed. My buddy feminized and bred these seeds and I think I only have 2 left after this one. I have this same grow journal on another "international cannabis " site and in my previous grow I had one of these seeds starting to get nice and healthy, then like an idiot, I brought a clone in from another grow and it contaminated my whole grow with pm. So rather than start trying to treat the problem, I decided to kill all the plants in the tent and sterilize everything and start fresh. Sad part is that I had a few nice plants that I killed. There was a Silver Haze, Citrix by R.P.C., Candied Alien and the one I was really excited about growing, a Fire Alien OG. It took all I could muster up to kill those plants, but why treat it when I could kill it off....? Hopefully! Anyways, I know the pics aren't great, but I only have my phone so that's what I use! Enjoy.
GB80

I'll be in to check your first. I am in the middle of my first indoor grow. I know what it is to learn good lessons from mistakes. :high-five:

Can you post a photo of the top of your Mars II 900 LED? It's dark on the one you posted and I wanted to see what you are talking about. I am using PlatinumLEDs.

Hi Guam I saw on the Mars thread this is your first LED grow don't forget to increase cal and mag LED'S just suck it out of the plants if you use RO water especially. You will love the 900 and so will your plants good luck on the grow

Hi Guam I saw on the Mars thread this is your first LED grow don't forget to increase cal and mag LED'S just suck it out of the plants if you use RO water especially. You will love the 900 and so will your plants good luck on the grow

Thank you, I do have a big bottle of MagiCal. I forgot to post that on the nutrient list, but I will be adding a half tsp every 3rd feeding. The Maxigrow and Maxibloom do have cal and mg in them, but if every 3rd watering isn't enough I'll be sure to give to them every watering. Have you found that you need to add cal mg to every feed/water? What do you suggest? Again this is a coco grow so I will be using nutrients every watering. Thank you!

Screenshot_2015-06-04-00-59-46.png
Screenshot_2015-06-04-00-59-19.png
I'll be in to check your first. I am in the middle of my first indoor grow. I know what it is to learn good lessons from mistakes. :high-five:

Can you post a photo of the top of your Mars II 900 LED? It's dark on the one you posted and I wanted to see what you are talking about. I am using PlatinumLEDs.
Ok so this is what I was talking about. If you look at the top of my tent you will notice that I don't have the light hung from the load bearing pole in the center of the tent. It is hung from the 2 side support poles. One ratchet on the left had to be moved forward and the other on the right had to be moved to the rear for the light to sit right in my tent.
The other picture is of the top, you can see the brass hangers are not square with the sides, they are in a diamond pattern if you look at it the way I do. If the brass hangers were in the corners of the light near the fans, the light would have been able to be installed on my load bearing pole and sit parallel to the walls of my tent. I hope this cleared it up a little bit. It's not a problem, just an inconvenience, as I had to wire my support poles to my load bearing pole to be sure it would not drop. Maybe im just thinking about this too much? I digress. Here are the pics.

Good luck OP! My 900w arrives tomorrow, dropped seeds last night. Also first grow and obviously first LED use. How many plants are you doing!

Good luck OP! My 900w arrives tomorrow, dropped seeds last night. Also first grow and obviously first LED use. How many plants are you doing!
I am only doing one plant at a time. Going to try to pack the tent with beautiful buds off the OG Kush. Good luck on your grow Six! Do everything you can to learn on your first grow. Drop in again and post the link to the grow and I'll follow along. You will learn a lot if growing multiple plants and strains that's for sure! If I can offer any help, I'll sure try.
GB80

Subbed and ready to enjoy the show. You might want to consider adding your journal link to your signature guambomb80. That way wherever you post people like me can always check it out :)
Let's see if it worked... don't know how to change the way it shows up, but if you have some insight I'm all ears! Let's just see if it worked first. Thanks for the tip!

The way I do it is to copy the link then open up the link icon (world icon) and paste the link in there. Then write whatever you want it to show as and it will take you direct to your link. Hope this helps :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom