Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

OP in post #9, what is that slender white thing sitting next to the pot?

Hot shot. I put it in the tent for the first few days when I repot. Just in case the bag of F.F. coco-loco had any unwanted guests that like to show up when I first water. Had a lot of problems with Fox Farms products having fungus gnats or aphids so I stop that as soon as I can!

Thank you, I do have a big bottle of MagiCal. I forgot to post that on the nutrient list, but I will be adding a half tsp every 3rd feeding. The Maxigrow and Maxibloom do have cal and mg in them, but if every 3rd watering isn't enough I'll be sure to give to them every watering. Have you found that you need to add cal mg to every feed/water? What do you suggest? Again this is a coco grow so I will be using nutrients every watering. Thank you!

Hi GB80 I use RO water so I have to add to all water I use, my system is a ebb and flow with nine hungry girls that consume 10 - 12 gallons a day to every gallon I add 1 tsp to replace what was taken out and for every 3 gallons I add 1 tsp.
I also use coco with Flora Nova and all the add on from the GH feeding schedule but with the combination of LED's and coco you will still need to increase your cal/mag by how much is a combination of watching your plants and dumb luck when everything is good you can almost watch the plants grow. There is a leaf chart you can google that shows all the signs of unhealthy pot leaves.
As for your light I hang mine by connecting the ratchets to two of the brass eyes and it works fine.
Please remember what I add is for nine mature 4-5 ft plants so yours will be much less.

I use FF too and I agree... the gnats are aweful... BAR has a home cure that works great... Take a quart of water, 1 cap of hydrogen peroxide and 1 drop of Dawn dish washing soap.... shake it up and spray the leaves and top of soil... I have never had to do it more than once but you can do it up to 3 times (once a day for 3 days) and it works amazingly well.....:circle-of-love:

Randy- Thanks for the information. I will keep an eye on her and see how she responds. As of now, I haven't given any additional MagiCal since I first put her under the LED. Her leaves are looking great so far, but I will definitely keep an eye out for any deficiencies. I did some light defoliating yesterday to get light to the inside of the plant that were covered by leaves. She is responding well to bieng under the LED and I am thinking of moving her to the #3 bucket this weekend.
Dennise- thank you for that recipe! I will give it a go when I repot into the #3. Actually, I will try it tomorrow on my outside veggies and peppers. I use FFOF on my peppers and tomatoes and they are absolutely infested with fungus gnats bieng outdoors.

Should have some pics up tomorrow or sunday. I figure when the plant goes into the #3, the growth will come a little quicker so there will be a little more excitement than there is now. I'll also get some pics up of a couple clones I have on deck and some seeds I sprouted. So there will be some action here, but not all from the 1 plant scrog! Thanks for stopping in everybody!
GB80

subbed.

very nice, clean tent.
your mars 900 will give excellent results. my mars 700 certainly does the job for me.
I add 100 ppm of cal/mag per gallon on my coco grows. im also using maxigrow. I throw in 200 ppm of hydrogaurd also.

cant wait to see your results.

subbed

Screenshot_2015-06-06-23-54-29.png
So here we go, welcome to the picture show!
Ok, got the humor out of the way, so moving forward...
Here is a pic of my OG Kush lady, had to spread her legs and let some light get to the inside branches, so I used some plain old metal garden stakes and bent them over to hold the branches in place then jabbed them into the soil deep enough the roots gave some grip. She is looking ok I guess. I just let the cal deficiency go a little longer than I should've so she is looking quite pitiful to me. But with the foliar spray and root drenching I believe she will recover in time. May not have the prettiest leaves right now, but I bet she will be frosty when it comes time... slow and steady right? Enjoy
GB80

Screenshot_2015-06-06-23-55-45.png
Well here is another lady waiting on the 48x3 reflector series from ... you guessed it, MarsHydro! I am going to throw her into flower about 2 weeks after I transplant her into a #2 pot. I figured I'd give her about a week under the veg switch only, and transplant then flip to veg and bloom for 2 more weeks then flip to 12/12. This will just be a test run on the light, and see how it compares to what I grew under hps. Yeah, I know, not a fair comparison from 100 watts led to 400 watts hps but figured I'd try it anyway. Plus I'll be out of meds by the harvest and what she allows me to harvest will hold me over till the kush comes down. So here she is, my beautiful Blue Dream. About 2 weeks after sprouting roots and under the 4 bulb t5 since. I only expect about a half oz or so from her, but she should be beautiful none the less.
And yes, a half oz of flower will last me over a month... Enjoy
GB80

Screenshot_2015-06-06-23-56-42.png
One last pic for tonight, this is the Candied Alien that sprouted a couple days ago. I sprayed her with b-1 green and rhino skin before the photo. Maybe it's good for nothing, but it's just piece of mind for me, and gives me something to do. Plus the silica in the R.S. may help prevent p.m.(i spray enought to soak the top layer of the coco so the R.S. gets to the root zone) and the b-1 green has got to be good for something... right? Haha Actually I'm just trying to get rid of it and figured why not. Enjoy
GB80

One thing you will want to watch (according to what I've learned from this forum) for if they grow too close to the lights is the burning of the terpines rendering your top colas less potent and killing off resin production. I'm suffering the same problem as you too Atlien, I will remedy this by tying the plants back, but I have other issues to fix before that :)

Thanks guys, I will definitely keep an eye out for the stretch! This particular phenotype of OG Kush hasn't been a big stretcher in the past, but I'm hoping that she will stretch a bit better as a bigger plant. I think I got the calcium, magnesium and iron deficiency under control, the new growth is luscious and no signs of deficiencies. I'll be better able to tell when I get her into the #3 and get some faster growth. This is a different type of grow from my hps, but it's a great learning experience, and when I set out to do something I try to do it the best I can! Thank you for all your help, I truly appreciate it!
GB80

Hey GB, if you could care to look at my last post on my Plushberry Journal and let me know how my 1600w light compares to yours that would be great. Appreciate it if you can, understand if you can't. All the best ;)

I'm an hps user, a led newbie... lol but I put my thoughts on your page. I believe some supercropping would be beneficial to your grow. If it were my plants, and that big, I would supercrop the shit out of them. You should actually be able to spread them out enough to fill the 4x4 tent with those 2 plants, and that in turn will bring your canopy down so you have more room for the light and less heat stress on your colas.
GB80

Back
Top Bottom