Mars2 900 - 4x4 - Scrog

I'll be giving that a try tomorrow GB cheers. I still can't believe I'm struggling in a 4x4 with a 1600w though :smokin: Thanks for helping out +rep

Anytime! If I can help out I will sure try. I pushed my plants to the limits when I first started growing, still today I kill plants trying new methods people suggest. You just got to get in a rythm once you find "YOUR" style and things will get better. I see it like this, anytime you get to harvest, the grow was a success!
GB80

Screenshot_2015-06-09-23-05-25.png
Decided to post a pic tonight as I couldn't sleep. Here you go, the OG Kush heavily defoliated and fimmed tonight. Enjoy!

ha I've been having trouble sleeping since my babies sprouted. One I get up to check them, two the intense purple light radiating from under my closet door. Can you post a before / after pic of the fimm area?

ha I've been having trouble sleeping since my babies sprouted. One I get up to check them, two the intense purple light radiating from under my closet door. Can you post a before / after pic of the fimm area?

I understand the purple light! It does take some getting used to for sure. Yes, I will post on in a few minutes, it will be from my blue dream clone. But should give you an idea. Give me about 15 minutes to get it up, I got to go do it now.

First pic is of the inner growth of what would have been a bud site. Some people pinch this off about 80%, I prefer to use pruning shears because it's clean. You can use what makes you comfortable. It is essentially a topping, but usually produces an extra branch or 2 more than topping does. As you can see in the 2nd pic the minority of the growth is still there, and it's not just a stem, that is FIM. You really only want to take the most inner cluster of growth off, I took it all for picture purposes. Hope that helps!
GB80

It does help thanks. I see what you mean by taking the innermost growth and leaving what's left. I plan to top or fimm, depends on how narrow they are when it's time. is there an ideal time? I know while in veg, but like number of nodes or something?

I'd wait till your seedling has at least 5 nodes, then I'd top it. Wait till the new stems come up and then start the FIM process. It's good to FIM if you are wanting the plant to have as many tops as possible for a screen or LST. The new growth comes slowly, but it is worth it. In a month you can turn 2 colas(topping) into 30+ colas. They say it wouldn't be as big of a cola, but more=more right?
Glad it helped!
GB80

Screenshot_2015-06-10-21-48-25.png
So here she is again under her light. If you blow up the pic you can clearly see she has a bit of nute burn and some spots from the cal/mag deficiency. I believe it's because I've been pushing her to see what she can take! I was running her at 1200 ppm at 5.8ph then adjusted the ph closer to 6.1 so the uptake of cal/mag would be a bit better, unfortunately she dosent like that high of ph at that many ppm. So I dumped my jug, refilled with a lighter mix. Brought me to about 800 ppm and adjusted to 6.0 ph. Hopefully she will still uptake the cal/mag and I won't have to worry. I was going to transplant tonight, but I smoked a J. Enough said... lol
I just got to say that I'm a lazy grower, and the less I have to deal with the happier I am. I hope this LED is all its cracked up to be or I'm going to be pissed because of all this extra work! I'm used to my hps and not worrying about cal/mag deficiencies. Just mix my maxi , ph and go on with my life. I like growing, but I love all this learning! Next update in a few days, hopefully I'll have everything corrected , if not, we will learn some more!
GB80

Screenshot_2015-06-11-00-31-23.png
Screenshot_2015-06-11-00-32-03.png
Here is a good look at the blue dream I have on deck. Waiting for the free 48x3 reflector series MarsHydro is sending me. It will go into my 4x2 tent and I will flower this beauty out in about 2 weeks I've been prepping her for the led light giving her extra MagiCal. I think if I can keep her spread out she will do just fine under a 2x2 footprint.

Next is the CandiedAlien. She is looking great! Broad leaves, nice color, and good growth. I do believe my T5 is getting better veg growth than the 900. Who knows, I may put the Blue dream in the 4x4 and veg the og kush under the 48x3 for a while. I'm really curious to see if it really produces better flower than my hps did. Decisions, decisions. ...
We shall see... Enjoy
GB80

So went to my local grow store to get a saucer to fit the #10 smart pot, and they were out of the extra large hard plastic ones. I decided to buy a #7 to fit in the saucer I have here. So this grow will now be in a #7 smart pot. I will transplant either tonight when the lights come back on or in the morning. Either way, it's going straight into the #7 and I'm skipping the #3. So should have good growth in a few weeks. I'll post some pics when I get the transplant done and also of the 48x3 reflector series when it gets here today. Thanks for checking in!
GB80

Hey GB great update. I'm curious as to your PH values though. I've always been under the impression that 5.8 was for hydroponics and 6.5 was for soil. Could you let me know why you use 5.8 and 6? Thanks in advance, all the best :thumb:

Hey GB great update. I'm curious as to your PH values though. I've always been under the impression that 5.8 was for hydroponics and 6.5 was for soil. Could you let me know why you use 5.8 and 6? Thanks in advance, all the best :thumb:

At 5.8 the uptake of cal/mag is slower than at 6.0 ideally I should run it at 6.2 for max uptake of cal/mag, but I decided to run at 6.1 to try to boost it. When it is fully corrected, I will continue to run my ph at 6.0 in the coco-loco since it does have some soil in it already. Also, I like to experiment with ph on my plants to see how they react to nutrient uptake. My Candied Alien plants have ran at 6.2 in coco and grow amazing, but my blue dream won't do so well above 6.0 and prefers to be at 5.7. The ph values people post are "general guidelines " not an absolute! You may notice dropping or raising your ph will have an affect on your plants, wether it be good or bad, just watch them to see what they tell you if you decide to start changing ph levels.
GB80

Hey GB80 how's the garden? I know you are using GH Maxi are you using the other products on the GH feeding charts ? I saw where you were at 1200ppm that is a little hot for Maxi as you found out especially for a young plant but it looks good. If you think that mixing food is hard in your home just remember some of us old guy's hung out in a tent on a mountain for months dodging helicopters fighting wood rat's and talking to our self now days this indoor stuff is so easy and for most somewhat legal

Back
Top Bottom