Mcloadie's Second Grow Journal

Just an observation for anyone interested. My water has high concentrations of minerals, I mean coffee pot ruining levels. I keep a 2 gallon bucket of water aerated at room temperature, I have it on hand to use at my will for watering/feeding. The bucket is black and I have noticed that the minerals will adhere to the sides of it while it's aerating away. Here's my point, if the minerals are adhered to the sides of my bucket, then they have been eliminated from my water to some extent. Until I get my own R/O filter system it will clean the water at least some, I've been using it all along, and scrub it after nutrient applications, I noticed it more now, because I've been giving water only for 4 applications, and haven't scrubbed the bucket. Every little factor that we can steer toward optimum levels will indeed create a better growing environment for our ladies.:love:

8x8x8_00111.JPG

In my setup they should last 4-5 grows. at $25 a pair, they are better than nothing. :peace:

Hey McLoadie. I can't help but wonder if cleaning that bucket is counter productive to the goal. You're trying to remove the dissolved solids from the water, right? Sometimes solutes come out of solution easier if there is a 'seed' for them to bond to. Did you ever make rock candy as a kid? That's what I'm thinking of. What if you took the candy analogy further and put a string into your bucket. If the stuff starts to precipitate onto the string, you could still keep cleaning your bucket, but just hang the string in the bucket each time.

Anyway, just a thought I had and I thought I would share. The plants look great! :)

Hey McLoadie. I can't help but wonder if cleaning that bucket is counter productive to the goal. You're trying to remove the dissolved solids from the water, right? Sometimes solutes come out of solution easier if there is a 'seed' for them to bond to. Did you ever make rock candy as a kid? That's what I'm thinking of. What if you took the candy analogy further and put a string into your bucket. If the stuff starts to precipitate onto the string, you could still keep cleaning your bucket, but just hang the string in the bucket each time.

Anyway, just a thought I had and I thought I would share. The plants look great! :)

That's funny hiker, the thought of not washing the precipitate out of the bucket occurred to me and I'm acting on it. IDK , but the string sounds feasible' I'll be closely monitoring it to make sure no slime shows up...LOL + reps to you!

ANY WATER IF LEFT TO SIT LONG ENOUGH WILL CAUSE SOME KIND OF BUILD UP, INCLUDING ro WATER. and if your water is as bad as mine ,28 hours after runing through the filters, with great air movement I still get slime, I rub my hand around each bucket at nute change but I know mising spots of built up sedement is the cause of my root problems right now, I need to clean each bucket better:peace:

Nice Grow Budd!!! Maybe you could check out my first grow and give me a few tips or just let me know what you think of my babies!!! I currently have eight seedlings!! All are new strains breed by my good buddy Mr.TopSecret!!:high-five::goodjob: 4 "SledgeHammer" (My Strain) 3 "HypnoBuzz" (My Strain) & 1 "SourBlueKush" (Newest of his many strains) and all look to be doing fine in my homemade grow box!!! I say my strains because even though he breed them for me, I decided witch strains I wanted him to cross!!:) Anyway... You can find more info in my journal about my homemade setup!! Again, nice job on the grow:thumb: & Hope to here from you soon!!:peace::Namaste:

And you must share with me how you grew your plants so short!!! I am not in this grow for max yield this time. Im more worried about my grow space and would like to have them like yours so they won't outgrow my grow space!!!

ANY WATER IF LEFT TO SIT LONG ENOUGH WILL CAUSE SOME KIND OF BUILD UP, INCLUDING ro WATER. and if your water is as bad as mine ,28 hours after runing through the filters, with great air movement I still get slime, I rub my hand around each bucket at nute change but I know mising spots of built up sedement is the cause of my root problems right now, I need to clean each bucket better:peace:

I have never grown hydroponically, but I plant to as soon as I get my mind wrapped around the concept and develop a system suited to my style and physical capabilites. I've already decided that I'm going to have multiple res. that can be changed out easily and quickly. If you can get a word in to cultivator I'm sure he can give you some insight on the slime. I ahve some ideas that I won't even share cuz I haven't tried them and I will practice on my plants before I share.....first do no harm...LOL

I took a bunch of pics, having an issue with seedlings and a couple of young plants. First the pics, then we'll talk about this.
012471.JPG
014408.JPG
009660.JPG
Picture to show configuration of grow area that's having issues for ref..I shut the fan down that was blowing on the seedlings, damage is very dry. I'm having trouble maintaining Rh in this space also. When these seedlings went into the 3" peat pots I added some starter fert. to the happy frog I use for seedlings, I didn't measure it as I was putting in an amount well below instructions, all the plants I used this concoction on are showing damage. I mixed up some water with 1/2 teaspoon rooting hormone per gallon water. It has b vitamin in it, hopefully they won't stunt, plants love this stuff! #1- shut down fan, #2 shock treatment....wait...lol
008741.JPG
5 girls I pulled down, 16" to 10", will yield a couple oz. finished product, completely covered with crystally love, my camera sucks at macro....sorry
0021174.JPG

I would also like to know if anyone has any concern with distance to light on the seedlings. You can also see my two caramelo mamas, they have been soooo close to death all their short life, but it was my last shot at cuttings on this model...LOL.....got it!

The ladies, notice how big the heads are on that afghan kush on the far right, it's setting up for some weight.
016336.JPG
My diy aerocloner manifold, thanks bro, I love ya!
018285.JPG
Rh too low, temp too high.
009660.JPG
Mexikush in the homestretch.
005978.JPG
Ch9xpow33, not the tightest flowers, fairly heavy, heavy trichs
006846.JPG

I try to keep my boxes regulated to a couple points in either direction of what I perceive as "optimum"', so if something gets like 5 points out of the groove, I make adjustments to get it back quickly.

Nice Grow Budd!!! Maybe you could check out my first grow and give me a few tips or just let me know what you think of my babies!!! I currently have eight seedlings!! All are new strains breed by my good buddy Mr.TopSecret!!:high-five::goodjob: 4 "SledgeHammer" (My Strain) 3 "HypnoBuzz" (My Strain) & 1 "SourBlueKush" (Newest of his many strains) and all look to be doing fine in my homemade grow box!!! I say my strains because even though he breed them for me, I decided witch strains I wanted him to cross!!:) Anyway... You can find more info in my journal about my homemade setup!! Again, nice job on the grow:thumb: & Hope to here from you soon!!:peace::Namaste:

Thanks bro, I'll come over and see what you've got goin, finished plant size is pretty cut and dried, if you're going to do a pretty standard run, just put em in flower when they're half your desired finished height. These small plants were flowered at heights from 4 to 8 inches, NO VEG TIME. So far about 60 grams of finished dankness, 10 gram avg. I've grown this plant to 36" and it gave me very slightly more product. The northern lights x big bud was disappointing as far as yield, but the smoke is incredible, with an aftertaste exactly like crystal light peach tea. Grwers cut only LOL.

Looking good Mcloadie!:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom