Mel & Tra: Cocktails & Coffee With Black Sugar

Nope. I don't ph.
Every time I tested it was within a point or so of 6.2.
If it were a ph problem I would have expected it to show from the beginning, although it did turn up early with Katrina.
The thing is, I've been giving her the same mix as my bigger tent.
They're just starting to show the same issue now, so I figure something has changed, but I don't know what.
It doesn't help that I'm moving from soil to hempy, so I have to react a lot faster when I see a problem starting.
I was probably much lower than 6.2 a lot of times. :rolleyes: Some of the reading I did on the matter said too low a PH throttling calcium uptake took a while to show up, and when it became visible on the leaves, it had progressed pretty far.:hmmmm::rolleyes:

I was probably much lower than 6.2 a lot of times. :rolleyes: Some of the reading I did on the matter said too low a PH throttling calcium uptake took a while to show up, and when it became visible on the leaves, it had progressed pretty far.:hmmmm::rolleyes:
Hmm. I've tested the ph several times over the years, and it always came out the same, which isn't really surprising. Same water source, same nutrients.
But I think the bag of MC I've been using has degraded. It's been 3 years (I think) since I first opened it, and the consistency has changed. I think it's absorbed too much moisture now. I'm hoping I can get away with using it with calmag since there really isn't much left but that's also why I won't be heartbroken if I have to switch to using it for ornamentals.
I also have a new batch that I bought with HashGirl and 12coffee last year.

Good morning el Beardo :)

What made you change from dirt?
I got tired of buying and disposing of soil. The perlite is reusable.
I also got tired of the uneven quality of the soils available, and how the water was moving through it. It took a lot of work to get it to absorb the water the last couple of years.
The contaminated soil last winter was the last straw.
The first test run in hempy was really promising, and my winter grow has been as well up until this hiccough.
Just a quirk I'll have get used to if I want to continue growing in hempy.

I got tired of buying and disposing of soil. The perlite is reusable.
I also got tired of the uneven quality of the soils available, and how the water was moving through it. It took a lot of work to get it to absorb the water the last couple of years.
The contaminated soil last winter was the last straw.
The first test run in hempy was really promising, and my winter grow has been as well up until this hiccough.
Just a quirk I'll have get used to if I want to continue growing in hempy.
You’ll work it out :)

You’ll work it out :)
I'm giving her the hempy version of a flush right now.
I put my finger over her drain hole and poured 2.5 litres of MC + mag nitrate + calmag into the pot, and now she's draining.
I really do need to top and train her asap.

Hmm. I've tested the ph several times over the years, and it always came out the same, which isn't really surprising. Same water source, same nutrients.
But I think the bag of MC I've been using has degraded. It's been 3 years (I think) since I first opened it, and the consistency has changed. I think it's absorbed too much moisture now. I'm hoping I can get away with using it with calmag since there really isn't much left but that's also why I won't be heartbroken if I have to switch to using it for ornamentals.
I also have a new batch that I bought with HashGirl and 12coffee last year.
I've grown for almost 10 years without ever owning a PH meter.... Not necessary if you live somewhere with consistent tap water in your home.
I've tested the tap at my home 2-3 times with test strips over the years and had no change at all.
Growing in coco all the while and never once had issues.
I think some growers try to add too much nonsense to their feed and have bad results, then jump on the PH train. When nutrients are dialed in with correct dosing, the plants thrive.

Sending good vibes from Tejas!
:passitleft:

Whoops!
I got caught up in the conversation and forgot to take pics!
I did grab a couple when I gave her the flush, so here they are!

Katrina-Black Sugar
Day 31

I've grown for almost 10 years without ever owning a PH meter.... Not necessary if you live somewhere with consistent tap water in your home.
I've tested the tap at my home 2-3 times with test strips over the years and had no change at all.
I think some growers try to add too much nonsense to their feed and have bad results, then jump on the PH train. When nutrients are dialed in with correct dosing, the plants thrive.

Thanks Preston!
Yeah, I gave up on it a long time ago.
I borrow my neighbour's ph pen when I have issues because it's often the first suggestion people have, and I won't tell them it's fine if I haven't checked.

I’ve never pH’ed either.

I keep my grows so simple. Just like my other household/garden plants.

When I first joined I bought in on the bullshit. Buying 101 products. Then I remembered I know how to keep a garden and the wheel had already been invented lol.

I still have a full bottle of calmag I never use lollling!

Whoops!
I got caught up in the conversation and forgot to take pics!
I did grab a couple when I gave her the flush, so here they are!

Katrina-Black Sugar
Day 31

Thanks Preston!
Yeah, I gave up on it a long time ago.
I borrow my neighbour's ph pen when I have issues because it's often the first suggestion people have, and I won't tell them it's fine if I haven't checked.
She looks just lovely!

Good save.

Tho if she was mine, those stained levels would be plucked so fast her green would rustle!

She looks just lovely!

Good save.

Tho if she was mine, those stained levels would be plucked so fast her green would rustle!
I just want make sure it's not spreading before I take them off.
They're also still providing energy for those side branches that haven't stretched out far enough to get some light.

I just want make sure it's not spreading before I take them off.
They're also still providing energy for those side branches that haven't stretched out far enough to get some light.
Energy smenergy ugly leaves have no place in my life.

Lolling.

Energy smenergy ugly leaves have no place in my life.

Lolling.
Hell yeah! Fuck them ugly heifers....

Love when people tell me what leaves feed a certain node, then I cut the shit out & still have thriving buds.

I'd love to chop a plant back to bare skin & laugh at the naysayers.... but that seems petty.... (right up my alley) lol

Best advice I can give is to take a solid look at what is being grown by the "advice giver".... if they ain't shit; their advice ain't shit. 🤙

Hell yeah! Fuck them ugly heifers....

Love when people tell me what leaves feed a certain node, then I cut the shit out & still have thriving buds.

I'd love to chop a plant back to bare skin & laugh at the naysayers.... but that seems petty.... (right up my alley) lol

Best advice I can give is to take a solid look at what is being grown by the "advice giver".... if they ain't shit; their advice ain't shit. 🤙
It is that whole attempt to reinvent an already working wheel. I ended up in all sorts of trouble when I first joined here. The over complications of it.

My favourite was stumbling into a serious discussion on which way to plant a seed into dirt. Nature blows the seed into dirt, horticulturalists slam the seed into dirt, weed growers have a serious round table discussion while holding pH pens. Lolling!

I actually had one guy tell me to be careful putting my plants in the rain because the light will burn their wet leaves. Like there is no such thing as a sun. Lollll!

It is that whole attempt to reinvent an already working wheel. I ended up in all sorts of trouble when I first joined here. The over complications of it.

My favourite was stumbling into a serious discussion on which way to plant a seed into dirt. Nature blows the seed into dirt, horticulturalists slam the seed into dirt, weed growers have a serious round table discussion while holding pH pens. Lolling!

I actually had one guy tell me to be careful putting my plants in the rain because the light will burn their wet leaves. Like there is no such thing as a sun. Lollll!
I generally think stupid ass growers are on the rise because we're not supposed to call them names anymore. 🤣

Fuck that! You do you.... when problems arise, don't ask "the group" .... ask the people whose opinion you care about. 🤘

I generally think stupid ass growers are on the rise because we're not supposed to call them names anymore. 🤣

Fuck that! You do you.... when problems arise, don't ask "the group" .... ask the people whose opinion you care about. 🤘
I actually think this forum is brimming with 5 Star Growers. Growers who really understand growing on a horticultural level. And that’s great. But for Davo or Krissy, who have just had seeds delivered and are attempting their first grow, they need to start simply. Mastering the craft of growing and understanding the science takes time. Well I think it does.

I advise new growers to look at the members grow. Try and find a type of grow style that makes their heart sing and siddle on up to that member and ask for 1:1 mentoring. Find growers who walk the walk and don’t just talk the talk.

There is no way I would be producing the bud I am now without this forum and its members and the advice I received. Not to say I can’t do better, but I am doing a shit load better than what I was doing when I first joined lol.

I think all opinions and advice come from a place of good. But opinions are like arseholes in the sense every one has one (I once said “opinions are like clits. Every cunts got one”. Literally had a member swoon in horror, then I swooned in horror when I realised the swooning member was Australian! I mean I’d expect the French or the white collar American to swoon. But a fucking Australian? Disgraceful… in my opinion LOLLING!), but back to opinions and advice. Members have the right to take or leave that opinion without fear of hurting feelings.

There have been many times where I have yeah nah responded to advice given. But I always appreciate someone taking the time to try and help me out. But ultimately it’s my grow. My choice.

Okay a little Sunday Funday update! I am living her CarCanopy. And I think I’ve found my training style. I need to train horizontally to begin with. My plants have legs for dayzzzzz otherwise. They get stupid tall. I think it’s because my light isn’t fancy and I use the sun as well.

AnnMarie Bee aka Black Sugar
Seedsman seed from Sponsors Seedsman Seeds

IMG_1376.jpeg

Thanks for following along. You’re a great bunch to grow with! I feel super lucky to have you. And a big shoutout to el Beardo! Happy Sunday bruv. And your move! Xo

I think all opinions and advice come from a place of good. But opinions are like arseholes in the sense every one has one (I once said “opinions are like clits. Every cunts got one”. Literally had a member swoon in horror, then I swooned in horror when I realised the swooning member was Australian! I mean I’d expect the French or the white collar American to swoon. But a fucking Australian? Disgraceful… in my opinion LOLLING!)

Ah, the "C" word. Very few countries use it as liberally as yours and mine, Tra. In Scotland that word could either be a term on endearment or an insult. For example:

"Aye, he's a good cunt like" translates roughly to: "Indeed, I do agree that he is a joy to know and be around"

Or

"Nah, no wi that cunt" means, "I'd rather spend my free time with someone else"

Or

"Do ye Ken that cunt in that was in that show?" Means, "Do you know the name of the actor who performed wonderfully in that Television show?"

Ph from the tap is 8.2 here :lot-o-toke:
.....it sucks

Back
Top Bottom