Mel & Tra: Cocktails & Coffee With Black Sugar

IMG_0042.jpeg

Hello Growstars 🤩🤩🤩

I am doing a joint grow with Melville Hobbes, or el Beardo as I call him.

We will be growing the same strain, in different hemispheres, in different seasons, using different grow styles and different nutes. Just a couple of mates sharing in a grow adventure.

We were both lucky enough to be given seeds from a sponsor called @SeedsMan Seeds. I live in Australia, and the seeds got to me without issue.

So for those of you who might be joining who don’t know me or Mel, I can tell you one of us grows with class, dignity, professionalism and a real understanding of the science of growing and the other is Mel! LOLLING!

I really hope you’ll join us.

Strain: Black Sugar by Seedsman Seeds

Medium used:

Canna Professional
Perlite
Handful of blood and bone

Lighting: Mars Hydro TS 1000, a couple of eBay specials and the sun

Grow area: Mars Grow 80cm x 80cm for veg and a small narrow room with 3 lights for flower,

Fans: one small asilating ausilating (spell check won’t fix it, you know the one that turns right and left) fan approx 20cm in the Veg Tent and 3 lights, and a two exhaust type fans that go on the end of a silver tubed thing that brings fresh air in and takes stale air out, a humidifier and a small air con in the Bloom Room.

Nutrients: Mega Crop

Training: I will train these two as one. Together in the same pot. I have a small grow area and I don’t have room for two plants. I’m hoping to quadline.

Any issues to consider: Spidermites and heat

What you expect/hope from your grow: I’m a realist so I am hoping for around 17 pounds... LOLLING!

IMG_0553.jpeg

So a bit about my grow style. I’m definitely a wildling grower. I guesstimate everything, and I really should stop doing that coz I’m the worst guesser ever lol

Now I’m not suggesting this is the way to grow, it’s just my way.

I strike my seeds straight into dirt. No soaking, no roughing up the husk. Just straight into dirt. It works for me. I planted two Seedsman seeds so I’d have a back up chance in case one didn’t strike, and of course they both jumped up within 4 days. I think this also demonstrates quality genetics.

I don’t overthink watering. I waterboard them like I hate them. I also keep my grows simple. I don’t pH, or PPM, or S&M, or any of those fancy things you see growers doing. The only extra I have is CalMag, I just never use it lol. My plants get between 2 and 3g of Mega Crop per 2L of water from birth. I guess and just load my teaspoon. Some get a bit, some get a lot, and it evens itself out. I used to measure religiously. I used to have a veg mix and a flower mix. Now I just fill 2L bottles and add the MC and it works for me.

My twins have already had an uppot. I’ll show you once I get up. It’s 0630 here lol.

So if you’re reading this, thanks :) and I hope you enjoy the adventure.

Hey everyone!
Well, Trala already told you all the important stuff!
I'll be growing hempy style in straight perlite. I'll also be using Mega Crop, in a 60x60cm tent, and right now she's getting 1.5g/litre.
I'm using a @VIVOSUN VS1000 light.
I started this seed in the perlite, no soaking, no scuffing, and 36 hours later she was up and ready to grow, maintaining my 100% germination rate from @SeedsMan seeds.
Hempy makes watering easy, just pour it in until it starts pouring out the bottom.
Enough talking, here's the plant!

Hello you :)

So I think we are aiming for 2 updates per week. I’m down for Wednesday and Sunday if that suits you, J? And can you use a wine bottle for scale? I struggle to get size right.

She looks super happy!

So like I said I uppotted yesterday. I strike my seeds in a tray, then uppot within 48 hours to control that stem.

I name my plants, the story as to why is a bit cringe. When I first joined here I didn’t realise the names of plants were strains, I thought they were Christian names. I’d only ever grown with mongrel seeds. I was so desperate to try and fit in I named my plants lol. And the habit has just stuck.

So here she is today.

AnnMarie Bee aka Black Sugar
Seedsman seed from Sponsors Seedsman Seeds

IMG_0575.jpeg

So I think we are aiming for 2 updates per week. I’m down for Wednesday and Sunday if that suits you, J? And can you use a wine bottle for scale? I struggle to get size right.
Sounds great!
She looks super happy!
Thanks! Your two are looking healthy!
It's going to be interesting to see them growing together in there!

Well, it's still Wednesday here, so here's the first pic with the wine bottle.
I'll remember to adjust the white balance for accurate colours going forward 😬

Back
Top Bottom