Multi-Strain Seed Run

They're leggy, and aren't getting enough light. It's going to be another five days before I can move them into the tent. Perhaps a window seat will help them out.

full

I think the next upgrade to my grow should be some new lights for the seedlings. Perhaps some of the strip lights on a dimmable driver.

I'm in-this is going to get real interesting,real fast....
join me learning the hard way.

I learned something the easy way once-didn't much care for it...

They're leggy, and aren't getting enough light. It's going to be another five days before I can move them into the tent. Perhaps a window seat will help them out.

full

I think the next upgrade to my grow should be some new lights for the seedlings. Perhaps some of the strip lights on a dimmable driver.
For the seedlings and clones i use cheap china leds. Advertise sayd its 700w power leds but truly around 70-80 watts LOL! I knew it before ordering and got what wanted. + little woodsticks to hold leggy gals up..

It's been a busy week...

full

Seedlings May 05

The Sapphire Scouts have all died. Three out of four seeds germinated. The three that germinated all poked their seedcases above ground, spread their cotyledons, and died. Why only this strain did this, and the others all germinated and made it to their first set of leaves, I don't know. I have one Sapphire Scout seed left, and will try it in a rapid rooter.

I harvested my Crown Royale crop from my main tent. That needs to be trimmed and put into jars tomorrow or the day after. With that grow finished, I can move the old light to my secondary tent. I'll move the seedlings there so they'll get better light.

I removed everything from the tent in preparation for the new light. I hope to finish the hanger this weekend so that I can install it early next week. I'll also need to take a look at ventilation for the tent. It seems the top, and sides are out as a places for the exhaust. The 4" vents in the back may be a better solution. Ah well, just another problem to solve.

The bottles for my Silver ThioSulphate solution arrived from Amazon, so I'm ready to mix that up when the time comes. If anyone in Nova Scotia wants some, PM me, and we'll work out the details.

It's been a busy week...

full

Seedlings May 05

The Sapphire Scouts have all died. Three out of four seeds germinated. The three that germinated all poked their seedcases above ground, spread their cotyledons, and died. Why only this strain did this, and the others all germinated and made it to their first set of leaves, I don't know. I have one Sapphire Scout seed left, and will try it in a rapid rooter.

I harvested my Crown Royale crop from my main tent. That needs to be trimmed and put into jars tomorrow or the day after. With that grow finished, I can move the old light to my secondary tent. I'll move the seedlings there so they'll get better light.

I removed everything from the tent in preparation for the new light. I hope to finish the hanger this weekend so that I can install it early next week. I'll also need to take a look at ventilation for the tent. It seems the top, and sides are out as a places for the exhaust. The 4" vents in the back may be a better solution. Ah well, just another problem to solve.

The bottles for my Silver ThioSulphate solution arrived from Amazon, so I'm ready to mix that up when the time comes. If anyone in Nova Scotia wants some, PM me, and we'll work out the details.

Nice!

Bummer about the young'uns dying off - very strange that they were all of the same strain. But exciting that your light project is almost done. Will you post some more photos when you wrap it up?

Have a great weekend!

On my second grow I had CBD mango Haze do the same thing. They came above ground and then died. I guess they didn't like what they saw. LOL

Nice!

Bummer about the young'uns dying off - very strange that they were all of the same strain. But exciting that your light project is almost done. Will you post some more photos when you wrap it up?

Have a great weekend!

Yes, I'll post updates to my light thread for both the hanger and the ventilation.

I was able to get my new light out of the old tent, and move the seedlings into it under a 'blurple' light. I should see some more rapid growth now. I also popped my last Sapphire Scout, and put it into a rapid rooter. It has poked its head above ground, and has been up-potted into the coco/perlite.

full

Seedlings Under the 'Blurple' Light, and 7" Humidity Dome

I hate looking at the plants under 'Blurple Light' so I also installed my last T5 fixture in the tent to photograph them. It's much easier to detect problems under a more natural light.

full

Seedlings Under T5 Lighting

This week I'll be working on ventilation for my 2' X 4' X 7' tent. I've decided to extract from the top of the tent, and acquired the parts to 'Make it so.'

Hey @Old Salt
I’m all caught up and things are looking great! To bad about the sapphire scouts not making it past the beginning but it happens! I to just started a bunch of seeds and am currently on Day 9 so my second day in Veg and they have just begun to take off!

I look forward to tagging along here and seeing how your seed making turns out! That’s my next step in the future after this big Pheno Hunt is to make some seeds for myself and friends and possibly some new hybrids!

Keep up the fantastic work and I’ll be here following along!

Hey @Old Salt
I’m all caught up and things are looking great! To bad about the sapphire scouts not making it past the beginning but it happens! I to just started a bunch of seeds and am currently on Day 9 so my second day in Veg and they have just begun to take off!

I look forward to tagging along here and seeing how your seed making turns out! That’s my next step in the future after this big Pheno Hunt is to make some seeds for myself and friends and possibly some new hybrids!

Keep up the fantastic work and I’ll be here following along!

Thanks. I can't put the filter back into the tent, so I've started working on that this weekend. There's always a new challenge.

Back
Top Bottom