Mushroom Memoirs

This was my first attempt at making a tincture. I’ve done loads of extractions with weed and this was no different.

I was microdosing at the time and didn’t really mind eating a little shroom but just wanted it to look like a normal kitchen sundry that you’d find in any spice cupboard.

Mushrooms laws here in the UK are vague at best when it comes to picking liberty caps (sole magic mushroom of the UK)

You can walk along the streets with fresh ones in your pocket, be stopped by the police and it’s not a problem, although they will probably confiscate them.

Likewise if in nature, able to pick them and eat them at will

But if you have them in any sort of storage or are caught drying them then they become a Class A drug right up there with crack and heroin 🤷‍♂️

So not exactly fun when all flushes are finished and you may have 500g of dried shrooms. That’s big jail time 😂

They were perfectly legal here until 2005 as long as they were sold fresh and not dried. I think the Netherlands still has this practice

Anyway. Back to the tincture. That pic was taken around 20 minutes after I first added them to the vodka after a brief simmer in boiling water. Think if it’s blue psilocybin will ensue 👍🫶

Used 20g dried into just under a pint of strong vodka. Left it for a month with extreme agitation everyday.

On its own, was not particularly nice. That earthy taste managed to penetrate the vodka. A few drops on the tongue with a dropper and I was wincing.

Think I worked out the dosage to 0.5ml>0.66grams. Might be wrong. I have notes and more pictures i can’t find

So 1.5 ml and it was a nice noticeable dose.

Then we had a party one night and used the tincture liberally in cocktails.

Was one of the best nights of my life. Cannot describe the buzz. Just felt tribal. Was brilliant.

Particularly liked the honey idea (as soon as you said blue CL I knew it was a winner) 🤘
When I first moved to Florida I was picking them whenever I could. I loved the trips but hated the sour stomach that came first. Anyone know how to eliminate that? CL🍀

When I first moved to Florida I was picking them whenever I could. I loved the trips but hated the sour stomach that came first. Anyone know how to eliminate that? CL🍀
Yes the tincture will get rid of that. It’s already processed into Psilocin (the chemical that is turned from Psilocybin)

It’s that chemical change that also affects nausea.

With the tincture it bypasses it

You can brew some tea and add shroomz and steep for 10 to 15 minutes.

You can brew some tea and add shroomz and steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
I’ve had scroom tea 🫖 before but if I remember correctly the cow 🐄 💩 that it came from would would’ve prolly tasted better. I think it still upset my stomach too but thank you for your suggestion, I’ll definitely give it a try when I start growing some. CL🍀.

I’ve had scroom tea 🫖 before but if I remember correctly the cow 🐄 💩 that it came from would would’ve prolly tasted better. I think it still upset my stomach too but thank you for your suggestion, I’ll definitely give it a try when I start growing some. CL🍀.
Add some magic honey to kick it up a notch and make it taste better.

I really want to try the honey method. Never heard of it before 🤘
It works great but I found that the potency varied from different cow pastures. So it was difficult to really recommend a dosage but that shouldn’t be a problem with a steady supply of the same strain. CL🍀

Yeah I always used fresh scrooms so I don’t know how dry will work. But it should work as long as it’s magical. CL🍀
I feel fresh are the easiest to stomach as they just taste like mushrooms with just a bit of funk.. I chop and make a salad with light dressing.

With the dried ones I usually grind them to powder and then make a thick cacao mushroom sludge which I quickly gulp down, grinding fine goes hard

I feel fresh are the easiest to stomach as they just taste like mushrooms with just a bit of funk.. I chop and make a salad with light dressing.

With the dried ones I usually grind them to powder and then make a thick cacao mushroom sludge which I quickly gulp down, grinding fine goes hard
Really? Mushrooms with a bit of funk? I don’t know what kinds of mushrooms you are eating but the ones I had were always pretty god awful. lol 🤮 CL🍀

Yes the tincture will get rid of that. It’s already processed into Psilocin (the chemical that is turned from Psilocybin)

It’s that chemical change that also affects nausea.

With the tincture it bypasses it
That’s freaking wonderful news and thank you for the information. I always dreaded that sick 🤢 stomach feeling before the magic started. CL🍀

Really? Mushrooms with a bit of funk? I don’t know what kinds of mushrooms you are eating but the ones I had were always pretty god awful. lol 🤮 CL🍀
yeah when they are fresh I feel the purple magic taste is pretty okay, tastes mostly like other uncooked mushrooms with a bit of that , that's where the salad and dressing comes in :)

Haha, djeezus I really can't talk about psychedelics without getting a big smile on my face and already feeling that onset feeling creeping over your brain.

yeah when they are fresh I feel the purple magic taste is pretty okay, tastes mostly like other uncooked mushrooms with a bit of that , that's where the salad and dressing comes in :)

Haha, djeezus I really can't talk about psychedelics without getting a big smile on my face and already feeling that onset feeling creeping over your brain.
That’s funny cause I was just reminiscing about scrooms. Telling myself ok I feel the sour stomach coming on but then remembering that distorted sound coming with a big grin thinking here it comes. I love 💕 tripping on mushies! CL🍀

That’s funny cause I was just reminiscing about scrooms. Telling myself ok I feel the sour stomach coming on but then remembering that distorted sound coming with a big grin thinking here it comes. I love 💕 tripping on mushies! CL🍀
Yeah some of those sensations are engrained in the body, maybe even a bit in a traumatic way, "oh here he goes again... 8 or even 18hrs of a non stop wild ride and where the heck are we gonna end up, does he have a plan for any of this?"
And yes those go together with that kid in the toystore happiness that you feel for just existing, and the anticipation and exhilaration of oh boy, what's it gonna be this time? as none are the same when you cross the border.

Back
Top Bottom