New Smoker With Questions

BananaBob

Hi all,
I haven't used cannabis in almost 40 years.
I just started using medical cannabis recently.

40 years ago I was a recreational smoker, but stopped when the potential legal downside outweighed my tolerance for risk.

Recently, I discovered that cannabis is a valid treatment for a couple medical conditions that I've developed in the past 40 years. It's legal here in California to use medical marijuana for medical conditions, so I said hell yeah...sign me up.

I'm stunned to find out how little a person like me knows about the last 40 years of advances in literally everything cannabis related. I'd never even heard of a vaporizer till now.

So that's why I'm here.
I have some newbie smoker questions that must be ridiculously obvious and simple to people who've used cannabis in the last 10 years. I'm hoping I can find a forum where basic questions by a no-nothing newbie can be posted and answered by helpful experienced people.

Here's a sample question I have...
Am I supposed to age or dry buds I purchase from a dispensary?
It seems like I get more effect from drier older purchases than the same batch when it was first purchased and only semi-dry.

Hi all,
I haven't used cannabis in almost 40 years.
I just started using medical cannabis recently.

40 years ago I was a recreational smoker, but stopped when the potential legal downside outweighed my tolerance for risk.

Recently, I discovered that cannabis is a valid treatment for a couple medical conditions that I've developed in the past 40 years. It's legal here in California to use medical marijuana for medical conditions, so I said hell yeah...sign me up.

I'm stunned to find out how little a person like me knows about the last 40 years of advances in literally everything cannabis related. I'd never even heard of a vaporizer till now.

So that's why I'm here.
I have some newbie smoker questions that must be ridiculously obvious and simple to people who've used cannabis in the last 10 years. I'm hoping I can find a forum where basic questions by a no-nothing newbie can be posted and answered by helpful experienced people.

Here's a sample question I have...
Am I supposed to age or dry buds I purchase from a dispensary?
It seems like I get more effect from drier older purchases than the same batch when it was first purchased and only semi-dry.

I think that some dispensaries don't dry the product very well because it is sold by weight. That is some expensive water. But if it is to dry then it burns much faster and hotter. You can age or dry the buds to your personal preference. A lot of us grow our own so we know how we like it and grow it accordingly. All questions are valid here. There are a lot of friendly folks here with a lot of knowledge to share. Welcome and look around. If you have questions just ask. :peace: :Namaste: :welcome: to :420:

Hi BannaBob (love the name), and :welcome:
You will certainly find answers to all questions in this great community.
There is an area you can post specific questions to that is frequented by members to help. Here's a link:
Frequently Asked Questions
This will be a great place to post questions, and reading through the questions already posted might help you a great deal too!

Have fun here, learn lots and ask away. :circle-of-love:

Its always best to have a few jam jars for storing any cannabis where ever its from flavour and potency are both somewhat increased over time if stored correctly its called a "cure" but rather thandispensary bought mj where your hard earned funds still go to a greedy mo fo growing for profit that has never tasted or felt the powers of mj y dont you have a grow everyone here would help step by step along the way :) weed has changed a hell of a lot in 10years the choice of strains potency price to sites like this you can find everything too do with medication cannabis here enjoy :bong:

Holy crap...this place and the people here are GREAT!
I'm seriously impressed and grateful for the existence of this forum.
My highest compliments to the moderators and people responsible for this wonderful place.

Except for this post of gratitude, I've been silently lurking for six months since my introduction post.

I know so little that I'm learning about 10 things unrelated to each answer I'm actually seeking, due to the volume of great contributions. Please excuse the enormous amount of smoke I'm blowing up your skirts, and know it's sincere smoke.

Back
Top Bottom