Newbie Fighting His Way Through His 2000 Watt Grow

Keep up the good work its a learning experience. Even the most seasoned growers are still learning. I am new to growing cannabis but have had great success with roses. I am finding this harder than the roses but with time and experience i hope to get to the same level. I will be following your journal and soaking up the info.

Alright guys, sorry about the lack of updates. So I think they're budding... It looks like the beginning stages of budding to me. Small hairs forming around these nodes that are really tight together. This strain is different than the ones I have worked with in the past. Of course the strains in the past were outdoor except one and it was still a much taller (thinner) strain. This is supposed to be blue cheese but I can't be positive about that. Hw smell doesn't really suggest blue berries or at least not yet. But I'm feeling pretty accomplished about how I'm doing at the stage I'm at. I know its a long way to go yet, but as of right now its looking ... Fair. The mites have gone away as I have been following the azamax schedule to the T. I also fed them yesterday but like n idiot I didn't pour the water into the tubs the day before feeding and the water was still like 58 degrees F. It shocked them little bit and they looked a little droopy for a few hours. Live and learn I guess... I felt pretty stupid for making a rookie mistake like that though. I fed them their nute as directed (half strength for the period of flowering they're in) I also added the azamax as directed for soil treatment of the mite infestation. I plan on going with a bit stronger nute dosage, meaning slightly higher than half the manufactures recommendation of the plants current stage. I feel pretty strongly that these girls could handle much more than they're being given so I'm wanting to up it just a little bit. Next feeding is going to be just straight water and its going to be a bit of a flush. About 5 gallons per three gallon pot. I want to make sure they're going to be good to go for the duration of the flowering process without having salt build-up locking out my girls. I may loose a little growth but the soil has some nutrition to it as it is so the lose would be minimal while the prevention could prove invaluable.
In conclusion, they look GREAT!! Sorry bout the lack of pics. I swear I have a bunch to share and as soon as I can get to an internet access withy laptop, I'll shar'em!!

Sorry guys, I know I've been holding back on photos but use been pretty busy with my day job. But the update is that they are doing great!! My lady and I just went out to see them a little while ago and she asked, "do you smell something sweet? It smells like desert." I said, "well this is blue cheese." she said, "no, not like blue cheese. More like cheese cake." and I said, "you mean like blueberry cheesecake?" and she said, "shut up! Really?"
You had to been there but utter was a blonde moment for sure.
I'll get these pics posted as soon as possible and thanks to all that are hanging in there on the most bland journal ever.

I'm a horrible journal host guys. I'm totally busy and haven't had the time nor the energy to make a trip to a WiFi spot to download the pics. I continue to take more and they keep looking better and better. I've noticed a little bit of eagle claw (fan leaf tip curl down) but only a few leaves on a couple plants. The buds are getting to be about the size of a small marble or maybe a large peanut. They smell like blueberries for sure. I don't really smell any cheese at all but that may come a little later. So, all is well. The mites are nowhere to be found although I have one more application to go. Wish me luck. Keep in mind that while I am somewhat boring with the lack of pictures, I am a garbage man and I work long hours. I have got to be up at 3:00am... Sucks....

I'm a horrible journal host guys. I'm totally busy and haven't had the time nor the energy to make a trip to a WiFi spot to download the pics. I continue to take more and they keep looking better and better. I've noticed a little bit of eagle claw (fan leaf tip curl down) but only a few leaves on a couple plants. The buds are getting to be about the size of a small marble or maybe a large peanut. They smell like blueberries for sure. I don't really smell any cheese at all but that may come a little later. So, all is well. The mites are nowhere to be found although I have one more application to go. Wish me luck. Keep in mind that while I am somewhat boring with the lack of pictures, I am a garbage man and I work long hours. I have got to be up at 3:00am... Sucks....

No need For sorrys and what not we all know how it is bro! "life happens when you make plans!" Glad to hear your mite issue is better! It sounds like you are definitely staying on top of things. I must say that being attentive to detail is a must cause it dont take long at all for things to go goofy..... Until next time Happy Growing!:thumb:

So I flushed them and the dolomite did its job. The new ph levels are at 7.0 possibly a little under that but it couldn't be by much. I ran straight water through the soil (I'm hoping that helped to really get that dolomite in there.) the plants are looking pretty good, no sign of mites but I did spot a couple eggs on one single leaf. The fight is far from over. The nugs are getting a little fatter every day. The next feeding I'm going to cut out a little of the micro nutes (due to their high N content) because the leaves are a little too deep of green and the tips of some of the lower/larger fan leaves are curling slightly. That suggests a high N content to me. Anyone else have some theories? I'm pretty well covered on the micro nutes. The dolomite has some good stuff in it as well. Anyone want to tell me what you think about this?

Hey el for your might issue ... go to your local menards Lowes home depot etc look for something by hot shots flying insect killer it comes in a blue foil pack its a vapor through it on the floor in the middle of the room wait couple days take it out no more mites they are awesome work very well. Hope this helps! Happy Growing :)

Hey el for your might issue ... go to your local menards Lowes home depot etc look for something by hot shots flying insect killer it comes in a blue foil pack its a vapor through it on the floor in the middle of the room wait couple days take it out no more mites they are awesome work very well. Hope this helps! Happy Growing :)

Yes Lowes and Home Depot have been my best friends minus you guys/gals here they carry every thing ive needed except for nutes.

Hot Shot Pest Strips. I'm going to look into that for sure! Thanks for the help guys. So I have taken more pics and I promise to piston them soon. The buds are looking good and the plants seem very healthy. We have been multi-tasking over here too. We've started our own clone room with a blue cheese mother, three critical kush sprouts and three white rhino sprouts getting 24 hour light. We're pretty excited to have some variety to offer to others as well as three good strains to choose from for our main squeeze. We just installed different bulbs (flourscents) that are multi-spectrum. Its pretty amazing how quickly the mother (blue cheese) has responded to these new bulbs. She's hella perky all the sudden. Of course it could be several things accounting to this but the new bulbs sure as sh*t aren't hurting anything.
So, the ladies are doing well under the big lights. I should be able to post those pics tomorrow. Thanks for the help and hanging in there with this journal.

there fine i thought same thing you put it in your room for three days and take it out.If within month of flower wouldnt use it but it is ok if longer it dissipates after thirty days or sooner in well ventilated areas. A friend of mine is a chemist. I asked him after i read warning. cause I dont care for harsh chems either:allgood:

I have some clawing, canoeing, and some yellowing. I think I may have a couple problems at once. I think the 'lite' foilar feed is causing the leaves to crook on the ends as well as the canoeing. But the bellowing is on the bottom leaves only and its only a few leaves out of 20 plants. Anyone wanna help me out here? I'm concerned about what the next few days are going to bring.

"there fine i thought same thing you put it in your room for three days and take it out"

If you want to breath that stuff be my guest, it's your lungs. I'll take the word of the manufacturer.

Old man 60, are you saying that the canoeing and clawing are from the pest strip? I only had it in there for one day... Is this what you experienced?

I'm not complaining man. I know any pest stuff is a user beware situation. To the contrary, I'm somewhat relieved if this is what is causing the plants their current issue. At least I know what's going on.

Old man 60, are you saying that the canoeing and clawing are from the pest strip? I only had it in there for one day... Is this what you experienced?

No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying breathing the stuff that comes off those pest strips are bad for your lungs.
The manufacturer also says it's not safe to use it on food crops ever. That means it gets into the plant and stays.
For most people a short term exposure is probably ok. There is a reason they suggest you limit your exposure to a
few hours at most.

Can anyone help me with my current issue? I'm kinda panicing over here. The leaves are starting to canoe even worse.

I recently just flushed them. Could it really be a nitrogen overload? I have to assume that it has something to do with the ph because it was fine until I got it to 7.0. Now there's problems for sure. Can anyone help?!?!

Looks like your latest problem showed itself a few days after your ph adjustment and the mites.
I've read that epsom salt will help with too much nitrogen. I have never tried it so can't say
one way or the other. I would try to get the ph down a little.

Back
Top Bottom