Newbie Fighting His Way Through His 2000 Watt Grow

Thanks for the reps man! I'm pretty sure there's a ph issue in the soil. The run off is getting to be around 6.5 now but for a while I was having a hard time with it. I hope this issue stops and if it keeps up, I'll have to check the soil like you were saying. I added some dolomite in attempts of buffering the ph a bit but it didn't help much and I don't want to keep making these kinda of changes. It makes it harder to keep up with what's working. So for now, I'm going to continue to watch them. If things get worse, I'll flush them with epsom salt and make adjustments to the ph. I just know that's where the problem lies.

Well, not much has changed since yesterday. I did notice a few more leaves yellowing. Its always on older leaves for some reason. I'm confused about the problem though... The leaves are not that deep of a green, so its strange for me to think its a nute burn. I'm getting a little intimidated and frustrated about this problem. I'm hoping the plants survive all this shit. cnd420, we're in the same boat bud brother. We need to beat this shit!!

Here they are.:circle-of-love:
May_6th.jpg

That's good advice, smoke2js. I'll try to be patient... It ain't easy man

Well, things don't seem to be getting any worse as far as the nute burn goes. I flushed them with 240ppm epsom salt at three gallons per three gallon pot. There was a lot of run off and it took a while but I got it done. The spider mites are still hanging in there, little fu**ers!!! I sprayed them down with caliclean (habenaro pepper spray). It has been working pretty well but it doesn't keep killing them after the spray has dried.
I have to add though, the buds are still growing strong! I mean, they are bulking up really fast! Its fun to watch them do their thing. But don't take my word for it, take a look yourself...
Woody1.jpg

Well, things don't seem to be getting any worse as far as the nute burn goes. I flushed them with 240ppm epsom salt at three gallons per three gallon pot. There was a lot of run off and it took a while but I got it done. The spider mites are still hanging in there, little fu**ers!!! I sprayed them down with caliclean (habenaro pepper spray). It has been working pretty well but it doesn't keep killing them after the spray has dried.
I have to add though, the buds are still growing strong! I mean, they are bulking up really fast! Its fun to watch them do their thing. But don't take my word for it, take a look yourself...

I've been told safer soap spray works very well on mites, safer is the brand its an insect killing soap i got some from the hydro shop for like 8 bucks

Not much going on
Woody1.jpg
today. Just giving them time. But check this out...

Kick ass! Thanks for the reps man. The buds are growing by the day man! Its faster than the only other indoor I was in on. This has been dun yet, stressful.

Damn your plants are looking really good bro! I really wouldn't worry about that leaf, if its just that one leaf. LST would definitely been really nice since you have this many plants :high-five:

Uea don't stress it. Plants will fix them selves what ever the problem maybe. If you see a problem occurring just let them do there thing. In about a week or 2 you'll see new growth with better results. Don't over do the nutes in flower. Give it to them just right. The more nutes doesn't mean bigger yields. Give alot of molasses but let it simmer first. When molasses is heated up it releases the sugar/glucose plants need and it's alot easier for the plants & soil/coco to use it. Your doing pretty well. I'm along for the rest of the crazy ride :)

I'm definitely taking that advice! I'm going to go with 1/4 of the recommended dosage with the bloom and I'm going to go extremely light on the micro nute (they're high in nitrogen). Like you said, they'll fix themselves, so I'm going to lay back for a few days, check them when the need water and go from there. I don't think I'm going to feed them ANYTHING but plain water this weekend sometime. They've been over done and I would like to bring them back down to earth. Its funny because I think this strain is just particularly sensitive to nitrogen. I've never had this happen with such light feeding.
Thanks guys for the encouraging words. It gave me a fresh perspective and a second wind! I'll post some more pics this evening

I guess I should be more accurate. I have grown many many plants but they were outside. I have had one semi-successful indoor grow but it was on a much smaller scale and it wasn't really all me. I had help. But in the end, I live in the emerald triangle and I was born here. My family, on both sides have been growing long before I was born. I've been around it enough to say I'm not ignorant but indoor truly is a different game. For example; ph... We NEVER checked ph. It just wasn't a factor at all.
Deer were problematic for sure but not ph. They're many difference from outside to inside. But this forum has helped tremendously.

May_6th.jpg

Here's a new shot from an hour ago. They're making me proud!!

I guess I should be more accurate. I have grown many many plants but they were outside. I have had one semi-successful indoor grow but it was on a much smaller scale and it wasn't really all me. I had help. But in the end, I live in the emerald triangle and I was born here. My family, on both sides have been growing long before I was born. I've been around it enough to say I'm not ignorant but indoor truly is a different game. For example; ph... We NEVER checked ph. It just wasn't a factor at all.
Deer were problematic for sure but not ph. They're many difference from outside to inside. But this forum has helped tremendously.

yeah you pretty much said it yourself, you can grow for years outdoors and have the basic idea of how a plant grows, but when providing the environment for the plant it can get a little overwhelming as they can be temperamental bitches some times!! lol

But after you get all the kinks worked out and environment fine tuned, its pretty much cruise control from there, dont really have to worry about pest, deer, to much rain, not enough rain, to much humidity.

Indoor is both better and worse because you are providing the environment yourself, you can provide an optimal environment for the plant, or you could be killing it.

As far as i can see you def got some green thumb in you the babies look great i cant wait to see what kind of yield u get

Back
Top Bottom