Newbie Fighting His Way Through His 2000 Watt Grow

I've been around it enough to say I'm not ignorant but indoor truly is a different game. For example; ph... We NEVER checked ph. It just wasn't a factor at all.
Deer were problematic for sure but not ph. They're many difference from outside to inside. But this forum has helped tremendously.
exactly where I am thought i knew but nope i was wrong but I know now keep it up man mine came back yours are looking good too how far in are you flower looks like we may harvest about the same time:high-five::bongrip:

Hey Wiz, thanks for the reps Dooder!
cnd420, as of today (Saturday) it is exactly four weeks that I flipped the time to 12-12.
ilikebike, 100% agreed. Its a whole different world when you're providing their world. I'm curious to see what kind of yield I get too
For more than the obvious reasons. These things went through so much, I'm surprised they even survived. This strain or possibly phenotype is resilient as all hell!
Thanks guys for the encouraging words, it helps for sure. Everyday I struggle with not getting intimidated and trying to "do something". I have done pretty good at not screwing around with them too much.

nutrient burn usually shows up in the tips of the leaves as brown dying edges, then spreads to the larger fan leaves with spots. yellowing leaves without brown spots and brown tips are usually the sign of nitrogen deficiency or too far of distance from the light source but this is normal in later days of flowering. it would be helpful if you could post how many days of flowering you were at and how many cubic centilitres or cc per gallon you are feeding in your nutrient solution as well as pH and ppm if you have meters for this and a few close up photographs of leaves to see what you are talking about when you update.

KingJohnC, I have the pics and I'm uploading them now. It'll take a few minutes so please bare with me. Also, I post the ppm and feeding schedules as when the pics are uploaded. Thanks for offering an experienced opinion. I've been a little worried.

Def22.jpg
Def4.jpg

Okay, these are the specs:
Soil: Scotts SuperSoil w/ 1 to 3 parts perlite. Treated with 1 tablespoon of lime per three gallon pot.
Nutrients: Grow more line Grow, Micro, Bloom. Right now I'm at half dose of the following (all are per U.S. gallon) 2.5 ml (cc) grow, 5.0 ml micro, 7.5 ml of bloom. 8-12 ml enzymes (I give 5ml per gallon), 6ml of liquid karma, 1ml root enhance.
Ppm of last feeding was 640. Bare in mind that supersoil has nutrients already in it.
They are fed every other watering and they are watered once a week and usually given a small watering (about a quart) between watering. Ph run off is at 7.0.
So, what do ya think? Anyone who wants to put their two cents in is welcome and all input is appreciated.

Hey Eliuos tell the beautiful mother/wife happy Mother's Day :)

Well I can say this Scott's soil will give you alot of problems. Those leaves you just uploaded looks like there from the lower part of the plant. If so nothing to worry about. Older leaves will tend to do that. Ill to back a page and read some more. Another thing to much watering as well. Idk if your plants are using it all up to the point it's very dry but Scott's holds alot of water and will tend to water log

I'll tell her you wished her a happy mothers day man, thanks for that!
These leaves are from the bottom of the plant and yes scotts will never be used by me again but I did add a lot of perlite. About 1.5 gallons per 8 gallons of soil. Its got quite a bit of perlite in it. It drains quickly but the soil just isn't ideal. I should have gone with the mix that I used to use but I was trying to avoid insect issues. I ended up with mites anyway and learned an important lesson. There's another soil that just landed at my local grow shop and its got all sorts of good stuff. I think I'm going to go with ffof but is tempting. Its get all sorts of helpful bacteria in it, and its basically a mix of happy frog and ffof.
So, there aren't many leaves that look like this, maybe one or two per plant but there's a couple that have none. Does it look like nute burn to you. I thought one of them looked more like calcium def.

Your welcome Elious.

Yea I used scotts soil before and I threw that shit out the first plant that touched it was pissed off lol. So I switched to coco and organic mg soil. Which was a perfect mix. 50/50 mix of both. But then I was just all coco. I had a bag of FF soil and Im using it now on my veggie garden. Didnt really like it with my mj plants but others had success with it. So I have nothing to say bad or good about it personally. I really do think you should try out some coco though. I think youll really kick ass with it. If not a whole grow atleast 1 plant. the bricks only cost $4 and you can prepare it the same as soil.

My mix is:
5ml-10ml Bonemeal (add after soaking brick)
4tblespoons molasses (after steamed)
Liquinox B-1
AN Rhino SkiN

I add the bone meal after I soaked the brick in the other stuff. I tell ya your plants will get robust and thick stocks automatically. My sativas are stocky and I havent seen them like that ever. The Rhino Skin is silica which thickens the branches and main stock and health of your plants. You can even mix up a tea if you like.

But any who, yea if those leaves are from the bottom of the plant there cool. There not nute burn at all just old leaves and the plant is sending the nutes to more needy parts of the plant instead of wasting them on the lower parts. Thats why your suppose to prune the lower parts of your plants as they grow.

WizHigh, so you've convinced me! I'm going to give coco a try with a couple plants. So its just like soil except it doesn't have any nutrition, right? What do you mean by soak? You have it in the pot you're going to use and drench it?... Is there a chance that I'll have heat issues like I did with the DWC? I just couldn't keep the water temps down man. I would have to use a chiller but those are pricey.

Yea just like soil with no nutes. Full control!

lol no. Its not like hydro. IDK why ppl say that. It takes same amount of time to dry out as soil depending on the temps. All it is, is coco fibers. But it comes in a compressed brick form. So to get it loose you have to wet it. It will soak up all the water so when its done expanding it will be moist not wet but moist. 1 brick will take 1 gallon of water to fully make it expand. Which will give you about 2 gallons or more in medium to use. Theres no water temps to worry about. As I said 80 degree room will dry out a gallon pot in 2 days. Between the heat and the plant drinking. Theres no water sitting you water just like soil.

Heres a video so you know what im talking about just incase im speaking in tongues. lol

[video=youtube;tqilNCnbTPs]
[/video]

Part 2

[video=youtube;s6lULKxJOgM]
[/video]

PART 3

[video=youtube;67I5oPohfRk]
[/video]

Yea just like soil with no nutes. Full control!

lol no. Its not like hydro. IDK why ppl say that. It takes same amount of time to dry out as soil depending on the temps. All it is, is coco fibers. But it comes in a compressed brick form. So to get it loose you have to wet it. It will soak up all the water so when its done expanding it will be moist not wet but moist. 1 brick will take 1 gallon of water to fully make it expand. Which will give you about 2 gallons or more in medium to use. Theres no water temps to worry about. As I said 80 degree room will dry out a gallon pot in 2 days. Between the heat and the plant drinking. Theres no water sitting you water just like soil.

im really interested in going coco been having to many troubles figuring my nutes out in soil never seem to have the right balance is there any extra additives I need to put in the coco or just use it with a my normal watering schedule

Thanks for all the info Wiz, I'm convinced! When I saw the water get squeezed out of, what looked like dry material, I was trip'n! So I'm going to study up on it bit.
cnd420, thanks dooder! You've been a big help as well. I've been keeping up with your journal and it has helped me to understand some things. Thanks for the request, I didn't even know that was done on here!! Lol!
So I gave my ladies a very light feed. They were dry about two inches down and I really wanted to add some enzymes and molasses in the mix. It was only about one and a half quarts per pot. No run off but it got down in the roots. Hey Wiz, I caught myself checking the ph of the water and thought about what you posted earlier...crazy man.

You can just use it with your normal watering schedule. Treat it just like soil. It's just better that's all. Use bonemeal or CaMg+ when using coco though. That's all. You won't need it though if your using tap water. But I still recommend using bonemeal to start them off in coco

Hey Elious sorry to come out of left field in your journal mate just wanted to thank you for reps and Wiz for explaining Coco and how to prepare it for me as i want to use it instead of the cheap potting mix im currently using on my next grow. Also Wiz im in soil now and have never used molasses but could i start to apply that to my plants they are at 27 and 10 days flower ?

I'm beginning to really like coco. Um sure wiz will give you the low down on molasses but I'll tell you this, you're in prime time for its use. Its more of a soil treatment than a plant treatment. It gives the good bacteria something to feed on and has good nutrients for the plant to use when the bacteria has had its way with it. The bacteria has to break it down or something for it to be used by the plant. Its a little foggy for me on that part but I know that its good for you root zone which is good for your girls.

Thanks for all the info Wiz, I'm convinced! When I saw the water get squeezed out of, what looked like dry material, I was trip'n! So I'm going to study up on it bit. Hey Wiz, I caught myself checking the ph of the water and thought about what you posted earlier...crazy man.

No problem. Lol if you feel comfortable doing so you can. OMM is in soil and he doesnt check PH either. He said he hasn't done it in years. He uses RO water though so IDK if that plays a big role in soil.

Hey Elious sorry to come out of left field in your journal mate just wanted to thank you for reps and Wiz for explaining Coco and how to prepare it for me as i want to use it instead of the cheap potting mix im currently using on my next grow. Also Wiz im in soil now and have never used molasses but could i start to apply that to my plants they are at 27 and 10 days flower ?

Hey Dasher and no problem any time. And Yes about the molasses. You can give molasses at any stage of plant life. Get your plants buds to be more solid and dense. Just let it simmer in some water before hand. When you heat molasses it releases more of the sugars and will be easier for the plant to uptake the glucose

I'm beginning to really like coco. Um sure wiz will give you the low down on molasses but I'll tell you this, you're in prime time for its use. Its more of a soil treatment than a plant treatment. It gives the good bacteria something to feed on and has good nutrients for the plant to use when the bacteria has had its way with it. The bacteria has to break it down or something for it to be used by the plant. Its a little foggy for me on that part but I know that its good for you root zone which is good for your girls.

Your right on point. In turns the molasses into glucose :thumb:

May_13.jpg

So there's not much to say today bit I did notice suddenly that the curling of the leaves seems to have calmed down. New growth looks healthy and free of issues. The buds are still looking better everyday and now I'm just waiting to see if the molasses makes a difference or if my soil was pretty solid to begin with. Either way I think the molasses was a good idea and it sure as hell can't hurt. I did realize one other thing and its kinda confusing. My girls haven't grown in height much at all. I know that they should have jumpedore than this. Only one has grown significantly and it was a runt that had to fight for light. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom