Newbie Fighting His Way Through His 2000 Watt Grow

Yeah, I'm a little discouraged and quite frankly, pissed. I feel that I have done really well thus far and this is new on me. I think its the dolomite but that's supposed to buffer the ph not drive it to extremes, right? So I adjusted the ph slightly and added some liquid karma to help them perk up a bit. Time will tell I guess. I just flushed them so I'm doubting its nitrogen overdose but all the symptoms point in that direction. Epsom salt... I'll have to look into dosages. I may have to use it but I sure don't want to. I'm hoping not adding nutes and adjusting the ph will snap this.

just looking over your journal, im new and learning as well but have read about similar symptoms being caused by magnesium diff. which is possible if you flushed with clean water you just striped the soil you have to put that stuff back in, just my two cents I may be wrong pics would be nice would help judge the problem Id try some calmag+ with phed water at about 6.5

Do you think that could cause the crooking at the tips of the leaves. Maybe the plant isn't processing other things because of the deficiency?

have you been able to check the ph of your soil cause if it gets to high or to low youll get lock out of certain nutes if the ph aint between 6 and 7 you start loosing the ability to feed off of the soil. Im not positive this is your problem just had done some reading on similar problems and thats what I came up with although I never had much yellowing though.

to fix mine I flushed with water I mixed that had light nutes less then I was feeding normally about 50% added the cal mag + and phed my water at 7, I put my water so at 7 because my soil was at 4.5 the soils going to pull the ph back down some and my plants perked right up and darkened up again in 24 hours time, again not saying this is your problem this is just what I ended up with in a similar situation without the yellowing

Tell me if this sounds like the right thing to do.
My water out of the tap is 7.5-8.0. When I mix the nutrients it brings it to about 6.0 maybe a little more like 6.5. This is good enough ph. Well if I don't add nutrients it stays very high so regardless if there were tons of nutes, the plant couldn't soak it up. So I flush them out and in turn the high ph combined with nearly zero nutrients equals starving plants. Let me know what you think. I have some nutrient water ready to feed them as soon as the lights come back on.

I flush mine with light like 1/2 to 3/4 normal nutes in the water and phed where I want to keep my plants some say ideal nute uptake is at 6.8 so 6.5 is pretty good so when I flush it pushes out what the unwanted stuff and leaves all the nutes at the right ph behind you just have to look around get as much info as you can and make your own decision there's several different ways to do things just a matter of feel and preference

Well I did it. Fed them with the nutrient water. I think this should solve se issues. Although I have my doubts that all the symptoms will be solved that easily, I'm hopeful that it will clear some of the riff-raff and make any remaining issues a little easier to figure out. Thanks for your time and patients. I really do appreciate it.

Well, no news Ian generally good news and that happens to be the case now. The plantations don't seem to have shown a lot of improvements but they certainly haven't gotten worse. To my surprise, the buds are growing well. I found a couple mites and am making a habanero spray tomorrow. I understand that you need to change methods when battling with the dreaded 2 spotted mite. So I read about the pepper spray and have decided to give it a shot tomorrow. The source of the clawing is still mystery to me as the answers I'm given don't make sense. I hope I'll find out soon.

I can't post them from my phone but I can post them from town with my laptop. Its just that I have a had time finding the time to make that happen. But I'll get some new ones posted on here soon. I have lots of pics to post.

May_4th.jpg

Holy bejesus I actually uploaded an image from my phone. This pic was taken about an hour ago. They're looking okay... I still have some concerns about the curling at the ends of the leave but it doesn't seem to be getting worse and I hoping the ph adjustment will help fix the problem. I'll try to upload more photos but it is really difficult to make this happen. I still can't believe it worked.

May_fourth.jpg

Well I'll be dipped in s**t!!!! It let me upload again!! This pic was taken about an hour ago as well.

A_couple_weeks_after_transplant.jpg

When they were about 5-6 weeks old.

20130505_174756.jpg

Does anyone think this is unusual? So far it's only a few leaves out of 20 girls but its not in the way I'm used to. It comes on fast and the leaf is like this pretty much over night. Anyone think this is bad?

May_51.jpg

This is the plant that leaf came off of. It looks alright to me but I would like to know what you guys think about the leaf.

New_herbal_forest.jpg
Just for fun.

Reps + hella homie. Looking good:thumb: The leaf issue looks like over watering and nute burn from the plant perspiring the water out, along with the nutes from the soil. The plant will designate leaves as shock absorbers for issues like this. When removed prematurely the plant has to select another to burn. So it will look like it is something spreading fast. Just to be sure, Carefully unpot the plant and check the soil for moisture and odor, then inspect the roots, they should be white . If you smell ammonia(piss) in the soil then you have a problem, which can be fixed with a simple flush. First inspect, Then reflect. Don't neglect, to double check.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom