Newbie's First Grow Journal

I'm using feminized seeds.. except for the White Russians.. I tried room temp and had a very poor rate of germination.. Wasn't till after I put them in the dome with the heating pad that they started popping.. Although, my Skywalkers all popped nicely in a wet paper towel at room temp.. They would be alive today if it weren't for their daddies murderous mistakes... :(

Thanks for joining my thread Green.. I will no doubt be taking you up on the offer of assistance! :)

Here are my babies at 1 week.. the first picture with all the cups, the top right 2 cups are late poppers.. Looked in my dome yesterday and found 2 more that broke the surface.. I have the T5 lights about 16" above the plant tops.. they seem to be stretching, should I:

1: Add more soil to top off the cup?
2: Move the light closer?

I'm thinking of getting another T5 light tomorrow at the local grow shop so I'll have 3 T5's.. and put it on a yo yo..

Got home today and its Christmas in July! My order arrived from Attitude..

All Feminized seeds

6 x Kali Mist
10 x Blue Dream

Freebies (also all fem's)
4 x Sour Diesel #2
2 x Blue Widow
1 x Blue Hash
1 x Pineapple Express
1 x Critical Jack Herer
1 x White Widow
1 x Blueberry

Thinking of getting a second tent, a 4x4x8 so I can start a couple of these and clone so I have a batch ready to flower when the current plants are done.. :)

I have some Sour Diesel hash and sure enough, it tastes like Diesel fuel! lol but don't like the high as much, more of a head high than a body high. I like to get wasted, both head and body.. Have some Blue Dream and its an awesome smoke, thats why I bought those seeds. My wife read somewhere that sex is awesome on Kali Mist, thats why those were bought.. lol

I'll have to research the other strains to see which one will give me the high I want..

The little babies are doing great.. One of my 2 Jack Herer's might not be.. time will tell.. I was installing another T4 light to make it a group of 3 when the light feel and hit the JH baby.. It was laying over but didn't look like the stem was broken.. I added some more soil to prop her up, will see if she will recovers.

Speaking of lights.. When do you move the babies out from under the T5's to get some MH light?

The little babies are doing great.. One of my 2 Jack Herer's might not be.. time will tell.. I was installing another T4 light to make it a group of 3 when the light feel and hit the JH baby.. It was laying over but didn't look like the stem was broken.. I added some more soil to prop her up, will see if she will recovers.

Speaking of lights.. When do you move the babies out from under the T5's to get some MH light?

Im subb'd!! Im excited for you! very nice setup, the knowledge will come once you give it a go.....your plants are able to move once they show their second set of true leaves, that is a personal preference really because you can grow all the way thru with your T5s, i am looking forward to watching your progress, if you have any questions just fire away, I was a family of growers that loves to help a fellow grower out.....GOOD LUCK!! :welcome:

Had to raise my light up this morning.. When I went down to check on them, one plant was laying down with its leaves point up dead center of one of the T5 bulbs.. Even though all 3 lights have reflectors they tend to seek out the bulb. So I raised it to about 6" over the tops (was 3").

I have faith in this grow, man. If people can grow it with just soil, sun, and water, you should be fine. Post some more pics and keep us updated. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Here is a few pictures from this morning.. I didn't have my camera with me when I propped up the White Russian that was laying down..

The cup on the left is the Jack Here which got hit by the light the other day. It looks healthy but hasn't had any new growth.. Hop she recovers!

White Russian's looking good

The cup on the middle/right is the one which was laying down..

Here is an update on my babies.. Starting to see noticeable growth every day.. :)

A friend of mine at work who has been growing for years said to feed them some Liquid Karma.. 1 teaspoon per gallon so I gave then that 2 days ago.. Watering every 2 days with distilled water at 6.5PH. Still under the T5 lights.

These are the 2 late sprouts

Got all the Girls (hopefully!) together for a group photo.

White Russians

White Russian

This is the Jack Herer that got hit with the light.. Seems to be recovering ok. whew!

My other Jack Herer

White Russian

White Russians

I am going to transplant them into bigger pots this weekend and probably turn on the MH lights for them. I also bought the Foxfarm trio and will start them on some light nutes per the Foxfarm feeding chart. When I was watering them, I noticed the bottoms of the cups are starting to give.. Probably shouldn't have used paper coffee cups..

Should I transplant them into 1.5 gallon pots till they need the bigger 4.5 gallon ones I have? If I used the smaller pots, I could just use one light for now and then transplant again into the 4.5 gallon ones which will need both lights.. And is it better to transplant before lights go off or when they come on? or can you just transplant mid-light cycle?

Lookin good so far.. Once they re moved to their new pots and settle they will gain in size fairly quick, and transplanting i guess would be best done just as your lights are due to come on, so no dark is interrupted, and then once its done, just water and stick em under the light as normal.. Get your final soil mix made up then just prepare the soil for her new arrival, im not sure on the conversion of gallons to litres, but id use least 10-15 litre pots - pending on your space etc;.
Goodluk and happy harvesting;) SMOKEM..

Big growth in just 3 days since I posted the last pictures.. I'll put some more up later today.. I started them on Liquid Karma a couple days ago and they really liked it. Today after I transplant them, they will get a taste of nutes for the first time.. Not a full dose, just a light taste, will ease them into it. They will also get the 600w MH for the first time as well.

hey ultra sorry i didnt find this one sooner, do you mind me taggin along? for seeds i gotta tell ya bout the root plugs lil' brown things called rapid rooters/root riot, i have tried every method under the sun and a few of my own invention, and nothing comes close ,these things will not let you down, i have pics of them in my journal, they have benifical fungi for the new root system and keep them at the perfect level moisture and you dont have to handle new seedlings and if need be you can peek in on them without disturbing them i use the whole system (seedling heat mat(better than a reg heat mat) tray,cube tray,humidity dome) and have 100% success rate on my last 20or so seeds and 20 or so clones, i want to recommend a nutrient brand to you BLUE PLANET NUTRIENTS and the owner Corey bpn is a sponsor of 420mag and will give you a discount on top of the best prices in the industry for what many (incl myself) feel is the best nutrients available link in my signature
i personally have all the products he currently offers he is an active member here will offer grow support by phone and usually will visit your bpn powered journal,a great guy that believes in the mmj cause, its the only nute on the market that is specifically crafted for cannabis! you cant call ANY other company like fox farms and say hey my white widows look droopy can you help? they will hang up on you!!
not Corey not bpn so now that i have plugged a couple products i believe in, lets see how i can i help shall we? lol

I find it better to keep them in the cups till they are 4-6 inches tall (you would be surprised to see how big they can get in "solo" cups) and under the cfl/t5 lights till you transplant to 1gal pots, mh can be to hot and powerful for seedlings its really intended for a little larger plants say 6inches and up,the fluros are cool and they love it,just keep them within 3-4 inches and your golden! it can be harmful to put them in to big a pot to soon, they can have problems with to little or to much moisture,and will spent to much time growing roots and not enough time on above ground growth, this can cause them stress and stunt them some and you to think something is wrong.

go slow steady and easy on nutrients, the soil should have all they need for the first few weeks of life,i cant find where you said what soil your using, i know you mentioned doing hydro later, but you may find if you go organics this round then hydro that the organics are far superior in taste smell high and ease, with no worries over ph ,equipment failure , theses nothing like organics for a personal headstash, hydro well sure if you need a heavy cash crop, but i find its just missing something, but thats my opinion, i have recently been getting in to high brix gardening where you build soil remineralize and never really add nutes just microbial teas, i have lots of videos in my current journal if your curious also i have a very busy journal as i have a tendency to change things alot im running 3 tents and im a spaz! lol well i hope some of my morning babbling is of use and if you have questions i will surly help just ask here or in my journal or pm is fine too:thumb:
btw nice tent i wanted to get the htg tent,like that and the mother keeper but i try to stay with sponsors
and that 7part organic line from bpn you mentioned is the sick ass bomb mofo buddy! its what i use

Welcome to my journal! thanks for sub'ing.. Happy to have all the help I can get! :)

I'm growing purely for head weed.. I might turn a few friends on to some for helping out but no cash sales.. I'm using Sunshine Pro Mix which was recommended by a friend who has been growing for awhile.

I did a lot of research on Tents, though I would like to support the sponsors here, this one had the best reviews and was cheaper. So far, I am VERY happy with the tent, extremely well made and thick walls, plastic zippers but I guess they all have that. I wish it had ports for power, I just used exhaust ports to run the power cords under the velcro flaps. Right now for the T5 lighting and fans, I have one power cord run in thru the bottom of the door opening where the zippers meet.

I have been looking at their mother keeper tent.. But might go with 4x4 for either keeping mothers, veg'ing or making seed plants. Since I'm growing for personal smoke, I don't need to be cropping out every 2 or 3 months. I'm cool with growing from seed, thought about making my own feminized seeds so I'll not have to buy any more. and I have friends who I can trade clones with..

Back
Top Bottom