Niekodog's High Brix Perpetual

Mornin Neiko...great pics bud! That there box fan you have in your tent....trying to lift off are ya...:rofl:
Wow brotha...you got some air moving in there eh! I have one too but it's just too noisy and big for my little space...hell, i had to put that lil 6" osc. fan on the back of my GR door for pete's sake. When do ya turn that baby on anyhow, or is it running all the time,on "low" i presume.
Anyhow everything is looking good, but had a question....alot of growers on here seem to leave alot of space at the top of their pots, it's a waste of pot size and now that 10 gal. pot isn't a 10 gal. pot, but an 7 or 8 . I like to fill my pots pretty close to the top to take full advantage of the volume of soil, only leaving enough room for some recharge and EWC to be top dressed later on.
Not nit picking you Neiko , just that this has been bothering me lately seeing so many people doing it. An example would be Juan's new grow in those lil cups with only 2-3 inches of soil in them...not good, he's having a few issues with them cuz of it. Pretty sure he's corrected this as a few of us pointed that out to him and he got right on it . Anyhow Neiko have an awesome day pal and give your Lads a bone from the Duggs would ya!:thumb:

I hear ya Duggs. When I transplanted them they were full but they settled after a few waterings. It bugs me too, I want them pots as full as possible. I was going to add more on top but I don't know how much that would help now. The box fan was an emergency purchase. One of my little fans died and I wasn't about to spend 45 bucks on a new one from the store. That was on sale for 16 bucks so I got it and run it on low. It is coming out this weekend as I just received my oscillating clip on fans yesterday. I've got it angled where it isn't blowing them too hard but you are right it is overkill. Thanks for the observations and have a good one Duggs!
:high-five:

Very nice looking garden Neiko! :thumb:

Fine indeed Neiko. I really like the way you've pruned your plants too. I left one bushy and pruned one similarly to yours and that one did the best. I think it had better light penetration, but it also had better airflow. I had a small pm infestation and I'm sure it was worsened by my weak-ass airflow to that back plant (my investment into my grow for next round...a proper fan for the back of the grow).

Anyway, I intend to prune like that from now on. :cool:

Fine indeed Neiko. I really like the way you've pruned your plants too. I left one bushy and pruned one similarly to yours and that one did the best. I think it had better light penetration, but it also had better airflow. I had a small pm infestation and I'm sure it was worsened by my weak-ass airflow to that back plant (my investment into my grow for next round...a proper fan for the back of the grow).

Anyway, I intend to prune like that from now on. :cool:

Yes neiko.....I was gonna comment on the prune job as well.....now when you prune for flower how many nodes up do you prune too? Looks like you have pretty large plants........is it all determined as you are trimming up?

Thanks guys for the comments. As far as pruning and training goes, I am no expert, most of what I do was picked up right here. Nate, before I flower them I prune them up to the 5th node (copied that from Doc) and take any big fans out of the middle for better light penetration. Sometimes I will tie down the leaders in veg and just keep doing that until I get the shape I want, others I super crop them and see if I get the reaction I want. Duggan's method for super cropping helped me kinda perfect my technique. I used to always break them or didn't get enough "damage" to get the right results. Dugg's method of massaging and pinching the stem to weaken it up before you make the bend has worked wonders. I just squeeze the stem and rub it until I can feel the cell walls weakening then I give it a good pinch until I feel the cell walls crush then bend the stem. So far I have only broke 1 since doing this way and I hurried that one. I try to do what Graytail does as far as shaping the plant, it works to increase yield and keep good light penetration.
On a side note, it looks like the tester on the left was trained, it actually wasn't, It's kinda hard to get the top in the pictures. I like the structure of that plant, if I took the top off it it would look like a nice training job. Tester on the right has been super cropped and tied down all through veg. I want to see how much of a difference it makes training vs. not training.
I made a visit to our ole' friend yesterday and he gifted me a jillybean clone. I have wanted to try that strain for a while. I had my hands full when I came in so I set it down for literally 2 minutes and when I came back my F'n no good rotten mean spiteful old crotchety cat decided to snack on it. She got 3 of the 6 leaves and chewed the top pretty good. I am sure it will recover but what a welcome to the new home. Did I mention I don't like that cat! My dogs love leaves but they don't steal!
:Namaste:

Morning gang. I got a new baby up this morning. Dr. Grinspoon popped out of the ground. Im really looking forward to this strain. Ill be paying close attention Graytail.

Isn't that the strain from the Bizarro Planet? :cheesygrinsmiley:
:thumb:

Ziggy's did grow pretty cool, just like the Dr. Grinspoon pic.

Dr. Lester Grinspoon was a great man! A true pioneer in the advancement of cannabis education. This strain was developed in honor of him. I'm interested to see how yours and gray's turn out.:clap:

Back
Top Bottom