OldMedMan Goes Indoors Part 2

sure sure.....but can you sing Ku Sakamoto?
Sukiaki was the hit.........c'mon old dude
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Peace

nice journal oldmedman:bravo::bravo:

i was saying to myself what would them plants look like if you used a hps:goodjob::goodjob:

Hey Thanks kushman. :high-five:

Good to see a new member in here. Welcome to my grow and 420. Glad you joined us in our pursuit of Cannabis Perfection. Don't be a stranger the :wood: is always open! :welcome:

sure sure.....but can you sing Ku Sakamoto?
Sukiaki was the hit.........c'mon old dude
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Peace

Damn! Your as old as me! I loved Sukiaki ! Hope all is good down by the swamp!:circle-of-love:

THsea staying busy with a schedule like yours requires a heavy dosage of mmj :lot-o-toke: You will and surely are benefitting from your unselfish ways:):bravo:

OMM buddy, its all the BIG ISLAND to me:high-five: so no worries bro:hippy: Just steer clear of any ash in the air. And hanging from a nice phatty too lol. I hope the new year is starting off well for us all. And if not, patience and friends gauranteed to see you thru:circle-of-love: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I have a new laptop and will be upgrading the camera as well real soon soooo I can show some pics of my harvests(1.20oz dry on one) the last two weeks:party: I still have another Aurora(other1 drying) in along with a couple of bagseeds and my Blackjack has started week 5 of vegg:thedoubletake: preparing the 5gal for her in the next few,I plan on keeping her trained. She eats BPN organics+humate tea and sits in FFOF now. I also have some Bat Guana, earthworm castings along with humate tea, mollases, and epsom salt for brewing teas, already arrived:morenutes:. I messed around an also received (purchased-that's the salesman in me:) ) a 5gal felt pot for her since its only 10" tall to help me with my height concerns(63"tent) upgrade from the 3gal plastic I was going to use:) I would much rather have the air pots like you, but allocated funds elsewhere and cheaped out on a new bucket. I will have to journal her to show off what I'm learning from you as well as several others among many and the BPN line thx Corey!:thanks: Well buddy I think I'll take another look at those beauties of yours now and check trichs on mine. Talk to you soon. :passitleft::ciao:

Oh yeah, have you guys/gals seen Grany420 purple plant? Boinnnggg off the richter scale pretty.:green_heart: Sorry OMM, tells me the force does, lurking here someone who seen has not. Worst Yoda impression huh :rofl::rofl: But to that someone... go check it out:cheer:

Fyi, on my grows that are flowering/harvested I started 12/12 from seed flowered in 1.5gal hempy/oc+. Going for quantity p/plant and quality organics now. Trying to join the ranks of quality meds.:420:

Wassup OMM, on oahu eh, i thought you were on big island too, hahahaha, how cold has it been at nites there???? Yah the winter is the way to go for me to grow, wish i started earlier, i am worried im gonna be in the dead heat of summer trying to finish second grow, thats why next grow is indicas only. (plus these were all the freebee seeds from the tude when they had their annivesary.

Up next is:

CH9 Critical Mass 33
CH9 White Shark 33
Barneyʻs Pineapple Chunk
DNA genetics LA Confidential

I am way too ambitious now thinking about it that pulling off 4 plants in current grow situation would be hard out of these 4 which would you try, i figure gonna do the LA Confidential anyways since they are regular seeds and just gotta deal with it if they are girls.:Namaste::goodjob:

Hi voltron. :high-five:

Man, do you sound busy! Cool on the new laptop and the soon to be new camera. :Namaste:

I have grown both Aurora and Blackjack........my first grow...those two were the only ones that made it. Both are good smoke.

I'm going to enjoy watching your grow.....all the new nutes and pots and all.
Sounds like you have programed everything for success. I'll look forward to watching it all unfold. Way to go my friend! :high-five::bravo:

Yep, that was a terrible Yoda.:peace:

Wassup OMM, on oahu eh, i thought you were on big island too, hahahaha, how cold has it been at nites there???? Yah the winter is the way to go for me to grow, wish i started earlier, i am worried im gonna be in the dead heat of summer trying to finish second grow, thats why next grow is indicas only. (plus these were all the freebee seeds from the tude when they had their annivesary.

Up next is:

CH9 Critical Mass 33
CH9 White Shark 33
Barneyʻs Pineapple Chunk
DNA genetics LA Confidential

I am way too ambitious now thinking about it that pulling off 4 plants in current grow situation would be hard out of these 4 which would you try, i figure gonna do the LA Confidential anyways since they are regular seeds and just gotta deal with it if they are girls.:Namaste::goodjob:

Hi Mr. Bear! :high-five:

Actually we are in for a very cool week. We should be in the low 60s here, THsea might get down to the 50s. He lives on the side of a mountain. On the big island in high elevations they could have snow. Been here so long that Jo and I are very cold at 70. Burrr! We don't have any heat or warm cloths. It's tough living in paradise. :circle-of-love:

All the seeds sound good. If I were to pick, Barney's Pineapple Chuck is been a good one for folks, then again LA Confidential is a good one too. Yeah! I think you could deal with a bunch of new little girls. :clap: I'll be watching to see how it comes out. This is fun stuff isn't it? :circle-of-love:

The Story Continues..................................................................................

Facilitation

Prior to a meeting, facilitators:

Research the meeting before it happens
Find out the purpose and goal (if any) of the meeting
Establish who needs to attend
Draw up a draft agenda and design the group processes to attain the necessary results
Share the agenda with potential attendees, changing it as necessary
Ensure everyone gets fully briefed for the meeting and that everyone knows the purpose and potential consequences of the meeting
During the meeting, facilitators:
Monitor the agenda
Keep time
Manage the group process
Encourage participation from all attendees
Help participants understand different points of view
Foster solutions that incorporate diverse points of view
Manage participant behavior
Create a safe environment
Teach new thinking skills and facilitate structured thinking activities
The facilitator may write up and publish the results of the meeting to everyone concerned including those who could not attend.

The above are some of the things that Facilitators do. That's the rough outline of what we would follow, however we actually simplified it in the Army. We knew ahead of time what results we were looking for.

Let's take a real world example.

When a new Base Commander takes over a new Command, historically the Command losses almost a year of efficiency. The worse part happens at the six month period.

So we would hold a meeting to try to help the command from losing this valuable time.

When the local Marine Base here in Hawaii changed Commanders, he lasted 6 months and then was fired. We could have helped him I'm sure, it's too bad. At that level his career is essentially over. He probably was asked to retire.

Any move, no matter who you are, is a big stress time for any family. New job, new home, new schools for the children and the wife has many obligations to join and chair The Officer's Wives group. You get the idea.

As soon as we possible could, we would get the new Commander and his staff of Officers and the Command Sgt. Major into a large group. The process usually only took one day.

I loved doing these kinds of groups, we would see immediate results.

OK, the meeting!

Usually 2 facilitators worked as a team and no one was the boss.

We always had a stand holding newsprint paper........we carried them everywhere we went. Those were the staple of our business. One person would ask open ended questions of the group and the other would write all the answers on the newsprint paper.

A closed end question would be like this.......How do you like your job?
Asking something like this was a waste of time. The answers would be short and would have no real meaning.

Instead, How about this one as an open ended question?

If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be?
Believe me everyone knows an answer to that question! We would fill up pages on our newsprint paper.

The new Commander would have the option of watching the process or not.
Some only wanted to see the results. That was the option most wanted to see.

The First Session

The entire staff that was mentioned above would be there.
We would introduce ourselves and would ask the first question.

What does the new Commander need to know about this organization?

We wrote down every answer. We were not there to judge. Every answer was equal.
When we had everyone's answers, we would then ask the group to put the answers in a prioritized list. Which answers were more important?

Depending on how long this took we would either break for lunch or have the Commander come in and ask questions about the list and get more specific answers.
Sometimes we would go back in a group to get the answers to some of the more important questions. This would continue until everything was clear.

Doing this usually shorted the time the organization would be back up to speed to 4 months.

I'll be back soon to go into other things we facilitators would do as part of our jobs.

To Be Continued............................................................................

Here we go! all pictures are 100x mag, taken on the... Yesterday. They were taken yesterday. :Namaste:

Anesthesia
ommanesth.jpg

Moby Dick
ommmoby.jpg

Grapefruit Krush
ommgrape.jpg

Chocolope
ommchoco.jpg

And a sneak peak at the Mekong!
sneakatmekong.jpg

:) :peace:

y'know....
In '72 or '73 "they" (read Nixon) decided that military personel would not be permitted to be released while addicted to drugs....of course the term "drugs" is a broad one, and "addicted" is a relative term....but in 1973, upon approaching the end of enlistment, (and once they are certain they couldn't re-enlist you as cannon fodder) if any arrests, incidents, or dirty pee tests had happened.....you needed rehabilitation before being turned loose on Amerika
Being an "open advocate" of all things Cannabis, even back then....I found myself attached to an outfit called "The Care Center"...an extension of NDRC....Naval Drug Rehabilatation Center. They proceded to attemt hypnosis, meditation, goofy excersises like the ones you described....brought in speakers (like the old dude that invented "The Language of Space" so we'd be able to communicate with non human intelligence) and even took us on somewhat crazy field trips.....Tubing on a river and crap. There's a bunch to this story, and I won't attempt it here, but I suspect this was the same period you're speaking of.... They really could only test for Opiates and amphetamines at this point, so everything else was game....partying at night, with the guys trying to bust you during the day. What a loonie-bin experience that was.
In retrospect....I was right where I belonged I guess :)

y'know....
In '72 or '73 "they" (read Nixon) decided that military personel would not be permitted to be released while addicted to drugs....of course the term "drugs" is a broad one, and "addicted" is a relative term....but in 1973, upon approaching the end of enlistment, (and once they are certain they couldn't re-enlist you as cannon fodder) if any arrests, incidents, or dirty pee tests had happened.....you needed rehabilitation before being turned loose on Amerika
Being an "open advocate" of all things Cannabis, even back then....I found myself attached to an outfit called "The Care Center"...an extension of NDRC....Naval Drug Rehabilatation Center. They proceded to attemt hypnosis, meditation, goofy excersises like the ones you described....brought in speakers (like the old dude that invented "The Language of Space" so we'd be able to communicate with non human intelligence) and even took us on somewhat crazy field trips.....Tubing on a river and crap. There's a bunch to this story, and I won't attempt it here, but I suspect this was the same period you're speaking of.... They really could only test for Opiates and amphetamines at this point, so everything else was game....partying at night, with the guys trying to bust you during the day. What a loonie-bin experience that was.
In retrospect....I was right where I belonged I guess :)

Oh Man Chopper, you got me that time! :high-five:

My first though was "At Last! Someone other than me had a loonies-bin experience in the service." You could not have written that any better. You painted a great word picture my friend. I loved it. You started my day off on a great note. Thank You Brother.:peace:

Yeah...we always are where we belong.

Back
Top Bottom