OldMedman Goes Indoors

What's the point of Paradise if you don't use the tropical sun?
Westerly breezes blocked by walls, ventilation under the gun.
Strains are fine, good Indica kind. Every morning I reach for some.
Depends on your light, how hard you will fight, for conditions to grow with fun.

:woohoo:

Yes indoors is against my nature
So glad to have a man of your stature
Your presents here
will keep my lights in the clear :thanks:

Hey Oldmed,

I really like those shots of your outdoor garden. Something soothing about watching those different strains growing naturally in a tropical paradise. I'm gonna put a couple plants outside on my deck this month in the Cali sun.

Indoors is fine too. I'll be watching.

Glad to have you zzoomm in here. :) I miss the outdoors, I don't miss the thieves though. Hope you have good luck with your plants on the deck. :) Welcome! :thumb:

:)hey med i wanna see that wild thai i no u goona pull a nice grow now off to my coner next to tiger

Hi Smokey ! So many people have asked me to grow that a Wild Thai. I couldn't
refuse. I think we might all end up in the corner with Tiger!
:yahoo:

Subscribed! I'm going airpots too, OMM, been reading you for awhile bro, and gotta say you were definately one of my major inspirations to join the family! And sorry bout the rippers, been there too my friend.
Wishing you the best this time!:peacetwo:

Hello my friend,
Hope today is a good one for you and yours. If I may ask a question about the airpots. Do they drain some how? If I water now till I get a leakage out the bottom of my pots, how do I know how much to water the airpots?:hmmmm:

Hi All ! :)

Here are the plant pictures in veg. :grinjoint:

Here are the babies first pictures.

DSCN2260.JPG

You can see that the Blueberry is already a head above the rest. :)

Here is the grow box, that had the Critical+. the Kandy Kush, and the Bubblelicious in it. These girls were planted in FFOF and are a bit funkier that the others.
Just didn't grow like they should have.
:smokin::smokin:

DSCN2263.JPG

Next is the closet veg room. You can see the Blueberry growing up to the light. Had to raise the lights almost daily! :)

Blueberry40.JPG

More shots of the closet veg room. :)

Closet16.JPG

DSCN2268.JPG

closet25.JPG

Most of you that watched my last journal will remember this awful girl. She was an auto LowRyder/ Diesel Ryder. She was supposed to flower at 60 days from seed. I finally chopped her at 102 days. Her weight was 11 grams wet. Her dry weight was 2 grams and wouldn't get a fly high! :smokin::smokin:

lowryder4.JPG

ryder_wet.JPG

I better post their veg times now.

The Critical plus, Kandy Kush, and the Bubblelicious are at 63 days.
All the rest are at 48 days.

:)

This the end of the first round of pictures.

Next I will post the pictures of the Matterhorn and the lights.
:thumb:

Subscribed! I'm going airpots too, OMM, been reading you for awhile bro, and gotta say you were definately one of my major inspirations to join the family! And sorry bout the rippers, been there too my friend.
Wishing you the best this time!:peacetwo:

Welcome GodsTrichome! :) Love your name. Great on the AirPots. I am sure glad you joined the family.
You'll love the airpots, they are so easy grow in. Hopefully I will keep the thieves away this time. :high-five: See you soon.:Namaste:

Awesome, OMM. Indoor cultivation! I'm in. Haven't rock the 5gal airpot yet, will see how yours turns out. I'm sure it will be amazing. Was wondering what is the size of your grow room?

Hey HighDive ! :ganjamon:
Welcome. That 5 gallon will grow big ones for sure. :)

The tent is 9.5' x 5' x 6.5'. That is why we call it the Matterhorn. It's the size of a mountain! :yummy:

Welcome GodsTrichome! :) Love your name. Great on the AirPots. I am sure glad you joined the family.
You'll love the airpots, they are so easy grow in. Hopefully I will keep the thieves away this time. :high-five: See you soon.:Namaste:

:Namaste: It is an honor. :Namaste:

Hello my friend,
Hope today is a good one for you and yours. If I may ask a question about the airpots. Do they drain some how? If I water now till I get a leakage out the bottom of my pots, how do I know how much to water the airpots?:hmmmm:

Hi My Friend! :ganjamon:

Good question. Yes they drain out of the bottom. Unfortunately out of the sides too, if you don't pack the soil real well. I cheat and usually only water a gallon at a time, that gives me a good runoff. If I have to flush them for some reason, I take them outside to do it. I actually wait until they they droop a bit before watering. it's good for them to dry out a bit. Hope that helps. :popcorn:

This goes against most growers ways of watering, but it works for me.:high-five:

Not to bring up the past... Journal.

But I really think the auto came out junky because it was in 12/12.
Not that they are supposed to be really that great... And your USED to stuff like the Church, Lucy, and Moby... You spoil yourself! :) In a good way!

Which Diesel Ryder was it? Double Diesel Ryder, or just Diesel Ryder? They have the same genetics, but the first is from Sagarmatha Seeds and the latter is from Joint Doctor. And for some reason I think I remember you having both seeds... But my memory is about as good as yours, so who knows!

Buddy, you know I am interested in these lil' punky things so lemme know! I have heard good reviews of Sagarmatha's other seeds, it would be a bummer if their autos stink! Joint Doctor on the other hand, I have heard nothing about...

Not to bring up the past... Journal.

But I really think the auto came out junky because it was in 12/12.
Not that they are supposed to be really that great... And your USED to stuff like the Church, Lucy, and Moby... You spoil yourself! :) In a good way!

Which Diesel Ryder was it? Double Diesel Ryder, or just Diesel Ryder? They have the same genetics, but the first is from Sagarmatha Seeds and the latter is from Joint Doctor. And for some reason I think I remember you having both seeds... But my memory is about as good as yours, so who knows!

Buddy, you know I am interested in these lil' punky things so lemme know! I have heard good reviews of Sagarmatha's other seeds, it would be a bummer if their autos stink! Joint Doctor on the other hand, I have heard nothing about...

HI THsea. :popcorn:
Your right, I'm spoiled by the big girls. Actually this seed came from LowRyder seeds. They have a few autos.
Not sure why 12/12 would make a difference. They are pot seeds and should follow the natural way of growing. I did veg her 24/0 though. Worthless seed to me. :hmmmm::hmmmm: I hear you about our memories! :high-five:

More pictures of the girls before they went into the tent. :yummy:

Sorry the pictures suck. I was getting pretty tired by this time. :lot-o-toke:

The Blueberry ;)

the_bluwberry.JPG

The Frisen Dew

frisenDew.JPG

The Church.

The_Church15.JPG

The Critical+

critical_.JPG

The wild Thai

Wildthai.JPG

The Sour Cream

Sour_cream2.JPG

The Kandy Kush.

KandyKush3.JPG

The Bubblelicious

Bubblelicious.JPG

Tent Pictures coming up :)

Now, Here's where I need your help, everyone! :)

Guess I could call this the places I had problems with. :yikes::yikes:

You probably noticed in the tent pictures, there was only one picture where both lights were on. I am using Sunmaster Warm Deluxe Metal Halide bulbs for veg. One of the lights rattled allot when I took it out of the box. It came on exactly three times and quit. I will send it back for a new one. In the mean time should I run down to the Hydro Store and get another one? Or can I plug in my Hortilux Super HPS ? I wonder what it will do to the plants ??? Having two different bulbs in there.

The first time I ran the lights over night, the circuit breaker for the AC kicked off. Since then I have rerouted all the plugs and it seems to be OK. I have a switch coming that hopefully solve all those kinds of problems.

The tent is running about 80 degrees inside and RH is 53%. Not bad, because I haven't finished putting in the ventilation fans yet. Two more 6" fans are going in.

Last question is Light hight. Right now I have the one good light at 19" above the plants. I don't want to burn them up first thing. So your comments would help. Thanks all!:hippy:

Switchable ballast? Adding Hortilux would be fine, just adding to the red spectrum, plus the horti has some blue spectrum as well, so it should do just fine, Will add heat though...

HI THsea. :popcorn:
Your right, I'm spoiled by the big girls. Actually this seed came from LowRyder seeds. They have a few autos.
Not sure why 12/12 would make a difference. They are pot seeds and should follow the natural way of growing. I did veg her 24/0 though. Worthless seed to me. :hmmmm::hmmmm: I hear you about our memories! :high-five:

I thought I had read that auto's do better in just straight 24 hours of light... But I can't find it so who knows! Experimentation is in order... ;)

about the lights... I think having both would be good! Couldn't hurt man! Just throw in your other MH when you get it.. I think HPS in veg is supposed to bring out more vertical growth? I don't remember what I read...

However I read something about yellow color temp. lights in flower today... Something about UVB bringing out more resin production...*itsamystery!*

It said resin has a dual purpose, catching pollen and protecting seeds from UV rays.

Don't you with there was just one awesome light bulb that had everything the plant needed all the time!? I KNOW I DO!

Did... Am I even typing words? I've been up like 30+ hours, I don't even know anymore.. Nice pics btw, wasn't expecting more, but it was a wonderful surprise!

OMM for the win! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom