OldMedman Goes Indoors

Switchable ballast? Adding Hortilux would be fine, just adding to the red spectrum, plus the horti has some blue spectrum as well, so it should do just fine, Will add heat though...

Thanks Buddy, that's my thoughts too, but I may just go buy another MH. There is the extra heat.
Like one of my cats used to say "You just can't be too careful!" , She lived by that idea! :)

I thought I had read that auto's do better in just straight 24 hours of light... But I can't find it so who knows! Experimentation is in order... ;)

about the lights... I think having both would be good! Couldn't hurt man! Just throw in your other MH when you get it.. I think HPS in veg is supposed to bring out more vertical growth? I don't remember what I read...

However I read something about yellow color temp. lights in flower today... Something about UVB bringing out more resin production...*itsamystery!*

It said resin has a dual purpose, catching pollen and protecting seeds from UV rays.

Don't you with there was just one awesome light bulb that had everything the plant needed all the time!? I KNOW I DO!

Did... Am I even typing words? I've been up like 30+ hours, I don't even know anymore.. Nice pics btw, wasn't expecting more, but it was a wonderful surprise!

OMM for the win! :cheer:

Hi THsea. :)

There's that memory thing again, but you have an excuse, 30 hours without sleep. :sleep::sleep:
I don't think I want too much vertical growth, there is not too much space to raise the lights a whole lot. The Blueberry comes to mind. I would love to have that girl outside. Gotta quit thinking that way! ;)

Actually some think that HPS lights are the all in one light. :adore:

Glad you liked the extra pictures. Hope folks don't think there will be that many pictures all the time. Lazy as I am, it will be every 3 or 4 days. :thanks:

:lot-o-toke: you had a talking cat??? :lot-o-toke:
Now your just messin' with my head!
I remember hearing a trumpet maker saying his cat told him how to make the perfect trumpet...
Maybe yours told you how to grow the perfect plants :Namaste:

mix n match lighting won't hurt anyone.....the sun is full spectrum. They just veg more quickly under the blue lights
:morenutes:

glad to see you trying indoors OldMedMan, i'm watching this one as well :) good luck man!

:lot-o-toke: you had a talking cat??? :lot-o-toke:
Now your just messin' with my head!
I remember hearing a trumpet maker saying his cat told him how to make the perfect trumpet...
Maybe yours told you how to grow the perfect plants :Namaste:

I had 3 talking cats. Unfortunately they didn't speak the same language.

One could say "brush" laying on her back, feet in the air.
Another said with paw raised "Go ahead and touch me".
And you know what the other one said. She was pretty hard to find.

Actually Kona liked to smoke, but it made her even more paranoid .:)

Wow my friend. Things are really starting to come together. Dont over do it and take care.

Hi Buddy. :grinjoint:

Don't worry..I took all those pictures over a 4 day span. I purposely took it easy.

Slow motion me! :popcorn:

Hi THsea. :)

There's that memory thing again, but you have an excuse, 30 hours without sleep. :sleep::sleep:
I don't think I want too much vertical growth, there is not too much space to raise the lights a whole lot. The Blueberry comes to mind. I would love to have that girl outside. Gotta quit thinking that way! ;)

Actually some think that HPS lights are the all in one light. :adore:

Glad you liked the extra pictures. Hope folks don't think there will be that many pictures all the time. Lazy as I am, it will be every 3 or 4 days. :thanks:

I agree with the HPS to be the all around light, especially the hortilux... I have had atleast a dozen successful grows with just this bulb alone... Only advantage the MH has is better blue spectrums which gives you a LITTLE more veg growth in about a 10-15% shorter period...And you are right on that blueberry, she grows SOOO well under the sun, but shortening veg just a little should help fix the vertical growth problem...

The blueberry will stretch even more when you go to 12/12 flower...may want to throw it now and let it go ahead and start budding...don't forget to take clones first :D

I had 3 talking cats. Unfortunately they didn't speak the same language.

One could say "brush" laying on her back, feet in the air.
Another said with paw raised "Go ahead and touch me".
And you know what the other one said. She was pretty hard to find.

Actually Kona liked to smoke, but it made her even more paranoid .:)

We've 2...
G%& D%!# Cat , and F%!#ing Cat ....
both were feral babies, and both think the plants are for eating the leaves off of, and then throwing them up in high traffic areas of the house

The blueberry will stretch even more when you go to 12/12 flower...may want to throw it now and let it go ahead and start budding...don't forget to take clones first :D

THIS THIS THIS OMM! :)

I totally think you should take a cutting from your BB. It's just gorgeous, and just think... You take a cutting, lose a little height and get some more horizontal growth... :slide:
It would give the others time to catch up too..

Unless you are throwing them in flower now... I thought you had said you wanted to put them there right after the tent is set up, but all this talk of MH I guess you changed your mind! Maybe take a clone and after it heals you can send them to 12/12... ? But I know you like starting from seeds... So I wont push it!

OKAY! lemme try this...:hmmmm:

The Ol' Med Man Doesn't Grow weeds
Only satisfied when growing TREES
Not your normal garden varie-tees
keepin' it real, with his little ladies.

Am I doing this right? I'll leave the rhyming to our local word professor the Propa Gator! :biglaugh:

JEEZ, look how excited everyone was for your new journal! Already on page 6! :high-five:

Oh OMM I'm so happy for you! Those are some really beautiful plants! Great job and congraulations on getting everything together so well. Sorry to hear about the light, wish I could chime in more about the MH vs HPS, but it would be interesting to see a side by side, and that way you could add that info to your spread sheet!! Ha ha, I know you just want to do it right though. I do agree that a mixed spectrum would be fine, but if uniformity is a priority then maybe you should just get another MH....I'm really interested in that Thai, and, um, one other I cant remember now!!:tokin: Great pics though, thank you for taking all that time to do that!!
Much love and respect-QUIX

THIS THIS THIS OMM! :)

I totally think you should take a cutting from your BB. It's just gorgeous, and just think... You take a cutting, lose a little height and get some more horizontal growth... :slide:
It would give the others time to catch up too..

Unless you are throwing them in flower now... I thought you had said you wanted to put them there right after the tent is set up, but all this talk of MH I guess you changed your mind! Maybe take a clone and after it heals you can send them to 12/12... ? But I know you like starting from seeds... So I wont push it!

OKAY! lemme try this...:hmmmm:

The Ol' Med Man Doesn't Grow weeds
Only satisfied when growing TREES
Not your normal garden varie-tees
keepin' it real, with his little ladies.

Am I doing this right? I'll leave the rhyming to our local word professor the Propa Gator! :biglaugh:

JEEZ, look how excited everyone was for your new journal! Already on page 6! :high-five:

Well done sir, very well done..+rep
Gator's got emself a new recruit?:popcorn:

Gator's got emself a new recruit?
Poetry may, once have been more appreciated than today
It's an art-form of speaking, using words to make a play
Plain words can seem banal, poems can mean more than they say, but
I write entertainment to please my friends, OK?

Poetry may, once have been more appreciated than today
It's an art-form of speaking, using words to make a play
Plain words can seem banal, poems can mean more than they say, but
I write entertainment to please my friends, OK?

And yours is greatly appreciated my friend, much obliged, it is an honor!:adore::Namaste:
Would be an honor for you to check out my journal as well!!!:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom