OldMedman Goes Indoors

Sorry to dissapoint Ceaser, but yes, me too...No shame though, learned from my past, use it to create a better future, all we can do, correct?

No disappointment GT, it is what it is. :)

We sure can change it....and we are better for it. After all my dealings, I actually became a much better person from then on. I sure learned about myself. The hardest part is learning to like yourself once again and forgiving yourself for being such an ass. I'm still working on a few things I did.
:Namaste:

amazing journal,better than most books,as for the ladies simply beautiful.:Namaste:
!bewon

Well Hello ibewon :welcome:

Glad to be your first post on 420! It's an honor to say "Welcome to 420". :bravo:

If you ever need any thing just ask. If I don't know the answer someone else will for sure. The whole purpose is to help each other to all have good harvests of the plants we love. Again :welcome:.

An other part of the story....... :)
In 1973-4 I was living in a junk yard apartment and going to college on the GI bill. The apartment was great. $125 dollars a month including utilities...and I could change furniture when ever I wanted. So what if there were little green frogs in the toilet. When ever I could afford it I sold a little weed. I worked in the college library putting away books as they came in. I would usually get the first three or four books put away and then one would catch my eye and I would stand there and read it. Always stoned ya know. In fact one of my friends had the first hydro grow I had ever seen. Really basic stuff back then.

I also did part time jobs. One of the those jobs was walking a picket line in downtown Napa. A perfect stoner job. I met a young lady there who was a trip.
She always walked bent over and wore a wool jacket with a hood. She looked like she was hiding all the time. Let's call her RS. She was so negative it was funny. She was permanently pissed off. At any and everything.
As we walked I got her to talk her and found out a bit about her. Her parents were older and her father was a teacher. Even my boys had heard about him being one person that you never wanted to take a class from. A mean SOB.

I found out that when she was born, all her mother's hair fell off....everywhere...no hair. She blamed RS for it. Not good. One summer her father and mother took her on a historical drive across the US. Before they left her father got all the homework assignments for her next year in school.
So as they drove, she studied. When they got to Virginia she popped a cork and went nuts. They put her in Napa State Hospital, a mental Hospital. She was in there for 6 months.
So finally she was out, but the father made her work at any job she could find, that's why she was on the picket line with me. A month of walking with her was a trip. She was 21 by then and she was brilliant, just confused. We would eat lunch together and I liked her, she was so funny without meaning to be.
After couple of months I asked her to have dinner with her. She got really pissed and started bitching during dinner. I just looked at her and said I didn't ask you to dinner to fight and she calmed down. We went to the junk yard and a had few glasses of wine. Once we kissed..we headed to the bedroom.
She was hopping up and down and making birds sounds?? Nervous as could be. She shed the frumpy cloths while hopping up and down and guess what?
She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen! I was stunned.
From that point on we were inseparable. This crazy girl had stolen my heart.....to be continued......:)

My friend, you never know where your stories are gonna end, lol!!! Just goes to show ya. you may never know it, but that crazy girl you met on the corner could just as well be an angel in disguise, life is crazy like that huh? That brings back memories of umm, well let's not go there, hehe...:popcorn:

OMM,
Been a few days, need to catch up on everything. First thing I saw was a huge tree on the page, is that in the Sequoia National Forest Tater?

That is why I want to grow outside!

Amen Steve! :)

You said it! :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

My friend, you never know where your stories are gonna end, lol!!! Just goes to show ya. you may never know it, but that crazy girl you met on the corner could just as well be an angel in disguise, life is crazy like that huh? That brings back memories of umm, well let's not go there, hehe...:popcorn:

I hear you GT. :)
I had seen and met a whole lot of women while in Nam and Thailand, Cali and Washington DC, but none like her. She was so intelligent I couldn't believe it.
She played first violin in the local symphony. I remember one time when we got a brand new Fleetwood Mac album and she picked up her violin and started playing along like it was old hat to her. :high-five:

Hi All Please do me a favor, when you send me a msg, please send it as a PM....if you don't have enough posts to do that...I'll do my best to answer you, but it is much harder for me...and that mixed with my laziness it's hard to cope with them. Thanks! :love:

Hey Granny! :)

Your not supposed to munch on them as you go!!! :yahoo: No wonder you fell off! :)

Damn - you caught me! Just couldn't resist a few nibbles!

Hey :love:OMM:love: :high-five:

When ya have a few moments I have a few questions for THE GREAT HI GANGA GURO:ganjamon:

How you likin' the hydro? Was it hard to adjust to? Does it make less work? I've been looking and considering... I have confidence with soil and not much hydro knowledge. Is it worth investing in? What system do you recommend? I've seen everything from single bucket setups for $30 to $45, to ebb & gro 12 bucket system with 55 gal reservoir for $370 to $579 (for the same system such a price difference!!!). I just don't know if it would be worth the investment in saving me time/labor, or if I should just stick with what I know, am set up for, and am comfortable with. Also - how noisy are the pumps for these types of systems? I used to raise fish and had a bunch of aquariums set up, are they similar in noise with the pumps?

Any advice?

:thanks: in advance, honey!!!

:circle-of-love:

Old Man! Wow those girls are looking tasty!
i bet you could push them longer than 3 weeks even.... 3 weeks would put them at around 65 days flowering right?
remembers indicas can be anywhere between 55-85 days in flower and sativas 60-95... ive had sativas that went 110+ days (she never turned amber just kept growing and foxtailing)
those last 20 days are Critical :)
love the massive amounts of hairs reaching to the sky as if they are at a rocking concert!:theband::party::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

great work brother may your nugs be plump and resinous!:thumb:

:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::slide::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::surf::hookah::tokin::lot-o-toke::party::allgood::passitleft::bigtoke::headbanger::idea::biglaugh::scratchinghead::theband:

Whew! I've got MUCH reading to do, but wanted to say a big HI to you OMM!
I'm getting back into the swing of things, and getting caught up here.
Glad to hear Jo got those guys at the F. building straightened out!
Welp, off to do more reading, I hope you're well my friend! be seein ya!

hey, omm, omm....
just dropping by....you will love the wild thai, quite a producer...one of my ten for now...still testing them all...didnt care for the critical + ...just me...
still have the same set up going...and am doing a greenhouse again this yr.
they are changing alot of rules and laws here, so am being cautious....never know....heard anything from woodsman? hope all is ok...sounds like you had another bout with the lungs....s.o.s. here....hubby now has no job...plant closed in late may...overnight....love, take care, lav...as usual, it all looks great...

hello all....
may do another journal...right now working on e book on growing...should be interesting....:circle-of-love:

Damn - you caught me! Just couldn't resist a few nibbles!

Hey :love:OMM:love: :high-five:

When ya have a few moments I have a few questions for THE GREAT HI GANGA GURO:ganjamon:

How you likin' the hydro? Was it hard to adjust to? Does it make less work? I've been looking and considering... I have confidence with soil and not much hydro knowledge. Is it worth investing in? What system do you recommend? I've seen everything from single bucket setups for $30 to $45, to ebb & gro 12 bucket system with 55 gal reservoir for $370 to $579 (for the same system such a price difference!!!). I just don't know if it would be worth the investment in saving me time/labor, or if I should just stick with what I know, am set up for, and am comfortable with. Also - how noisy are the pumps for these types of systems? I used to raise fish and had a bunch of aquariums set up, are they similar in noise with the pumps?

Any advice?

:thanks: in advance, honey!!!

:circle-of-love:

Hi Granny
:love:

Sorry to say this......but......either your smoking some really good stuff or your having a senior moment. :circle-of-love: I have em all the time. :)

I am not growing in hydro....it's soil. :smokin::smokin:

There are some really, really good Hydro folks riding along with us here in this journal, so I think they will give you allot of help!

Folks Granny needs some advise on Hydro! :cheer:

Much love granny :circle-of-love:

Old Man! Wow those girls are looking tasty!
i bet you could push them longer than 3 weeks even.... 3 weeks would put them at around 65 days flowering right?
remembers indicas can be anywhere between 55-85 days in flower and sativas 60-95... ive had sativas that went 110+ days (she never turned amber just kept growing and foxtailing)
those last 20 days are Critical :)
love the massive amounts of hairs reaching to the sky as if they are at a rocking concert!:theband::party::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

great work brother may your nugs be plump and resinous!:thumb:

Hey Shaggie! :)

Your right of course.....I have to be more accurate when I say something. I was only talking about the two quick finishers,,,,,Critical+ and the Frisen Dew.
I haven't even thought of the others yet. They have a long time to go.
Believe me I want them to fill out much more. :high-five:

That rock concert comment was way cool. They do look like that. :love:

Been tying up some heavy branches.. I don't what them to break. At this point...I'm just having fun. :cheer:

:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::slide::thedoubletake::thedoubletake::surf::hookah::tokin::lot-o-toke::party::allgood::passitleft::bigtoke::headbanger::idea::biglaugh::scratchinghead::theband:

Whew! I've got MUCH reading to do, but wanted to say a big HI to you OMM!
I'm getting back into the swing of things, and getting caught up here.
Glad to hear Jo got those guys at the F. building straightened out!
Welp, off to do more reading, I hope you're well my friend! be seein ya!

Hey Quix! :)

Looks like your fired up after that vacation. :high-five: Ready to go again. That's going to be good for all of us that follow your Journal. Glad your back...needless to say! :circle-of-love:

hey, omm, omm....
just dropping by....you will love the wild thai, quite a producer...one of my ten for now...still testing them all...didnt care for the critical + ...just me...
still have the same set up going...and am doing a greenhouse again this yr.
they are changing alot of rules and laws here, so am being cautious....never know....heard anything from woodsman? hope all is ok...sounds like you had another bout with the lungs....s.o.s. here....hubby now has no job...plant closed in late may...overnight....love, take care, lav...as usual, it all looks great...

hello all....
may do another journal...right now working on e book on growing...should be interesting....:circle-of-love:

Hi Lavendar!:)
Nice to see that pixie dancing again. :) I swear the Wild Thai has a cola that's big as my arm. Wish I had topped her more.:)
I've been hearing all kinds of stuff about your laws up there,,I hope they come to their senses soon. Woodsman is still hanging in there...but no luck with a job yet,:smokin: He's still selling his pipes on the big auction site. He has really expanded his line. They are beautiful. :love:

All of us would love for you to start another journal.....you are such a good grower, we would all benefit from it.

Well, sorry about Hubbies job. Over night closing sucks. No warning. Thanks for coming by...I miss you. OMM

Hi Granny
:love:

Sorry to say this......but......either your smoking some really good stuff or your having a senior moment. :circle-of-love: I have em all the time. :)

I am not growing in hydro....it's soil. :smokin::smokin:

There are some really, really good Hydro folks riding along with us here in this journal, so I think they will give you allot of help!

Folks Granny needs some advise on Hydro! :cheer:

Much love granny :circle-of-love:

Egads - another senior moment...
or a wee bit too much smoke... :lot-o-toke::idea::rollingeyes::rolleyes3:icon_roll:trance::oops:

EEEKKKK!!!!

Well, since I already made an ass of myself with the hydro question, I might as well add to my blooper!:hmmmm:

Actually, I got this notion from this image...
DSCN27821.JPG

It looked like hydro pots to me! What are the round things?:hmmmm: I thought these were something used with a hydro grow!

Anyhoo... that is how I got that :idea: bright idea, but I sure couldda smoked too much!!! :oops:

If anyone responds to the hydro question in OMM's journal - plz keep it short CUZ I CAN LOOK IT UP IN 420MAGAZINE'S GROW AREA IF I GET SERIOUS! All I really want is a quick is it easier or harder to do and/or screw up!

:circle-of-love:LUVIES OMM & ALL!:circle-of-love:

granny...I love You! I think you and I are in a continuous Senior Moment! :circle-of-love:

Those are my AirPots you see. They are a kind of self pruning pots. Never gets root bound.
They work!:)

I'm so glad your back...your just as much fun as ever. :clap::hippy::clap:

Back
Top Bottom