OMM's Aloha Journal Part III

That's SO GOOD to hear. It's exactly how I feel. There's only so many ways one can say "Looking good". :laugh: And yet one wants the writer to know that she/he is being enjoyed.

Top of the morning to you, OMM. Hope you're coping ok with all that ash. There's always a serpent somewhere in Paradise. Here we've got real serpents. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:circle-of-love:

Hello there Mr. Teddy. Top of the morning to you too. Not often can we say that to each other....

Well, the ash is here and staying for a while. We have had new winds colliding with the old winds and lo and behold it's a stand off and the VOG is sitting right on top of us. Sometimes Mother Nature has a strange sense of humor. Other than that it's been a very nice evening.

The oxygen folks dropped by with extra O2 and new lines today. Actually very thoughtful of them.

I will probably murder this but ,"Teeno Konomay" (what can you do?). One of my favorite Greek sayings. Bad Greek or not, it fits. I miss Greece, it felt like home to me.

Do the under cover police still look very obvious? They were hilarious to most of us Americans.

Vaping a bit of White Widow and just going with the flow this morning. Hope you have a great day.:high-five:

I usually just throw a "Like" on folks when I have no real comment.

now that was funny

just over 7 weeks going a total of 9 so this weekend its going on flush

Thanks Cronic! I just put my 2 MBs in dark for 3 days. With that, it'll be a couple days short of 9 weeks.

I also just harvested my 2 Fruity Chronic Juices. One had a major cola on it, about 10 inches long. Fat and heavy!

Thanks Cronic! I just put my 2 MBs in dark for 3 days. With that, it'll be a couple days short of 9 weeks.

I also just harvested my 2 Fruity Chronic Juices. One had a major cola on it, about 10 inches long. Fat and heavy!

Nice :thumb:

Likes, Smilies, Circle of Love...give you guys an inch and you'll run a marathon. Very, very funny chaps. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

TinoKanamay indeed OMM. It's not only my favourite expression - it's everybody's over here.
Summarises the phlegmatic Greek attitude, eh?

As for undercover Greek cops - this is the largest village on this part of the mountain (about 800 people) so it does have a tiny police station between the mini market and the dance centre. I've been there a couple of times for paperwork and all they seem to do is drink coffee and issue shotgun licences. When I was there the place was also stacked with crates of Mythos beer. :laughtwo: I'm sure there are undercovers in Athens and Thessoloniki, but what with the riots, demonstrations, the fascist thugs and the forthcoming general election I imagine they've got better things to do than hang around a village in the middle of green no-where. Mrs T's got an eye for them, learnt during her, errr, interesting youth. Used to point them out to me in Notting Hill, London.

May the dust pass and the sun warm you. :circle-of-love:

Likes, Smilies, Circle of Love...give you guys an inch and you'll run a marathon. Very, very funny chaps. :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

TinoKanamay indeed OMM. It's not only my favourite expression - it's everybody's over here.
Summarises the phlegmatic Greek attitude, eh?

As for undercover Greek cops - this is the largest village on this part of the mountain (about 800 people) so it does have a tiny police station between the mini market and the dance centre. I've been there a couple of times for paperwork and all they seem to do is drink coffee and issue shotgun licences. When I was there the place was also stacked with crates of Mythos beer. :laughtwo: I'm sure there are undercovers in Athens and Thessoloniki, but what with the riots, demonstrations, the fascist thugs and the forthcoming general election I imagine they've got better things to do than hang around a village in the middle of green no-where. Mrs T's got an eye for them, learnt during her, errr, interesting youth. Used to point them out to me in Notting Hill, London.

May the dust pass and the sun warm you. :circle-of-love:

I just love your description of your little mountainside village. I can picture it in my mind easily. Beer stacked in the Police station sounds normal to me. My wife and I would drive around the countryside in our beat up, very noise y VW Bug. By the time we got to a village, the entire population would be lined up on both sides of the road just to watch us go by and wave to us. We loved it. Talk about charming.....

Sure doesn't sound like the cities of Greece have changed at all over time. If I remember right, there were 7 different Communist parties in Athens alone. They couldn't even agree among themselves. :high-five:

Mrs T, a very interesting Lady you are lucky enough to be with. Peace my Friend. :peace:

May the dust pass and the sun warm you.

If it only was dust our OMM would be safer but check what he is breathing...

snip --

Part of this activity is the production and release of gases mixed with water and tiny particles such as sulfur compounds to form VOG. One of the gases released by Kilauea is sulfur dioxide (SO2). The SO2 reacts with other chemicals in the air to form both liquid and solid particulate pollution. The particles scatter light, making the air appear hazy. It is this pollution that we see and call VOG. SO2 levels in vog are greatest close to the volcano. These chemicals are irritating to the eyes, nose, throat and lungs.

end snip --

yikes

If it only was dust our OMM would be safer but check what he is breathing...

snip --

Part of this activity is the production and release of gases mixed with water and tiny particles such as sulfur compounds to form VOG. One of the gases released by Kilauea is sulfur dioxide (SO2). The SO2 reacts with other chemicals in the air to form both liquid and solid particulate pollution. The particles scatter light, making the air appear hazy. It is this pollution that we see and call VOG. SO2 levels in vog are greatest close to the volcano. These chemicals are irritating to the eyes, nose, throat and lungs.

end snip --

yikes

Well, Thanks Buck......I feel so much better now! :goodjob:

Well, Thanks Buck......I feel so much better now! :goodjob:

I got that from the American Lung Association. I tried to find out if there was a better time of day to escape it and found that!!!

your not mad at me are you :cheesygrinsmiley: look at that smile, come on

now go look at the vid on your off topic thread!

actually we are kinda lucky to be as far away as we are
with regular trades it keeps it away from us but with the variable winds which brings a lot of southeast and south winds bring the vog up
but the big islands always has vog its why ill never more there
maui is the next closest island then you got lanai and Molokai in between us and the big island
were not as far as Kauai but at least were not in vog 365 days a year

Good day weed you old fart. :high-five::circle-of-love: This VOG thing sound like it isn't any fun. We have a small amount of smog but our rain cleans the air all the time. How many babies you do you have popping. Can't wait for you to start taking pictures. :popcorn::hippy::partyboy:
Hope this finds you and Jo in good spirits. :volcano-smiley:

your not mad at me are you :cheesygrinsmiley: look at that smile, come on

now go look at the vid on your off topic thread!

Of course I'm not mad at you Buddy.......you are just being a friend and trying to look out for me. Thanks.

Went to the mall with Jo tonight and didn't even think about the vog, so it must be getting better.

On my way to "Off Topic".
:peace::bravo:

Back
Top Bottom