Peyton's Sour Sky Hempy Grow 2014

Checked on them every few hours today. Temp around 80, rh at 57 percent. I know if I use ac to cool room, it'll suck all the moisture out of air. They should be fine, I check on them pretty often

Thanks. Can't wait to see how they taste after dry and cure. I see you gave yours a 7? Why so low?
I'm very picky, looking at yours with all the crystals your at 9+ in quality I'm sure. Primarily because:
1. Not very stinky
2. Not super sticky
3. Not dense, I got a lot weight but its pretty light.
4. The stuff I've tried so far, and I admit it hasn't been from the prime select buds. But it gives you a good initial head rush but then sort of mellows out. I use a vaporizer and the type I use I can usually tell how strong it is by how many good hits I get from a load in the stem. With a good indica I get from my dispensary 3 good hits and followup with mine 2 is about it. I think I should have taken DC's advise and let them go longer. I will know for sure when I get my microscope, but the trichomes I've looked at look pretty clear. I'm not disappointed, this was my first grow. I am glad I did not take clones and grow another batch. I think my new GS Cookies will be at a whole new level. I do have one more of the BB growing in Coco, I am treating it a little differently, and I will do the Boiling Water cure, maybe I can learn something constructive.

Wow USA must have some Bunky weed, up here we would call those 4 or 5s out of 10. 7 and 9 out of 10 round here is hard as golfballs, and can smell it through the bag.
I've also been smoking for 20 years and I'm pickey as hell. I consider my shit 4 or 5 out of 10. Not trying to say I'm doing any better by no means. If youve grown 7 out of 10 quality first try, you my friend are on your way! And my hats off to you sir.

Cheers

He was talking about drying room bro. In drying temp plays second fiddle in my books.
Or I'm the stoner off base lol

Cheers

Hey, I get it. To each his own. I still feel controlling temp is more difficult than RH, and simple airflow and/or air exchanges can rid an area of humidity, but drying too quickly can make even the best weed smell like hay. Drying/curing should be done low & slow...just like good Texas BBQ.

My .02c

Hey, I get it. To each his own. I still feel controlling temp is more difficult than RH, and simple airflow and/or air exchanges can rid an area of humidity, but drying too quickly can make even the best weed smell like hay. Drying/curing should be done low & slow...just like good Texas BBQ.

My .02c
Lol then I think I was agreeing with you in a round about way. Yes you are correct 100% in drying temps should be main focus.

What I meant was I focus on keeping rh around 40 to 50%, and in my little ballpark that in turn means temps in the high 60s low 70s.

I just tend to say things ass back words at times is all, bare with me hahah

Cheers.

I checked on them again this morning. They're still a little moist, and they still smell like lemon when you get close. Think it would be okay to paper bag them and bring in house where it's cooler?

I'm a fan of paper bags filled with paper bag strips if they aren't quite ready for the jar. Not gonna diss the freezer thing, but to my reasoning, a water molecule can only evaporate into a gas if it's not in solid form to start with...so, no freezing for me except for running a batch of fresh frozen for hash. Also, freezing bud with water still in it could destroy the plant membranes making the whole cure process less than ideal.

Again, my .02c

I'm very picky, looking at yours with all the crystals your at 9+ in quality I'm sure. Primarily because:
1. Not very stinky
2. Not super sticky
3. Not dense, I got a lot weight but its pretty light.
4. The stuff I've tried so far, and I admit it hasn't been from the prime select buds. But it gives you a good initial head rush but then sort of mellows out. I use a vaporizer and the type I use I can usually tell how strong it is by how many good hits I get from a load in the stem. With a good indica I get from my dispensary 3 good hits and followup with mine 2 is about it. I think I should have taken DC's advise and let them go longer. I will know for sure when I get my microscope, but the trichomes I've looked at look pretty clear. I'm not disappointed, this was my first grow. I am glad I did not take clones and grow another batch. I think my new GS Cookies will be at a whole new level. I do have one more of the BB growing in Coco, I am treating it a little differently, and I will do the Boiling Water cure, maybe I can learn something constructive.

I wouldn't call mine a 9 yet. It's like yours. Mine is frosty and dense, but so far the quick dried stuff does same as yours. Take a few hits and it's all head rush for thirty minutes and works into leveled out high. I'm hoping the cure will help. Luckily it don't smell like hay, still smells like lemons. And it's still harsh for now. Trying so many things and I keep confusing myself. I'll get this growing thing down pat someday

Yup I see your reasoning 100%. I've tried it, end result just wasnt what I considered up to par. And putting in the freezer might come across as radical to some seasoned growers like govermentchz.
You know how many people looked at me funny when I said I made hash from ice, water and a mixer? Freezer thing didn't sound right to me either till I tried it.

Trichs can fall off if handled too much when frozen. Just as much as they can fall off your frozen bag of trim, you loosing lots to that? Didn't think so lol

Let's get down to a scientific level then, do you know what sublimation is? I didn't until recently. I quoted this off wikipedia. I'm fucking lazy or I would have posted this earlier to help further my reasoning lol.
Sublimation is the transition of a substance directly from the solid to the gas phase without passing through an intermediate liquid phase. Sublimation is an endothermic phase transition that occurs at temperatures and pressures below a substance's triple point in its phase diagram. The reverse process of sublimation is desublimation, or deposition.

At normal pressures, most chemical compounds and elements possess three different states at different temperatures. In these cases, the transition from the solid to the gaseous state requires an intermediate liquid state. Note, however, that the pressure referred to here is the partial pressure of the substance, not the total (e.g., atmospheric) pressure of the entire system. So, all solids that possess an appreciable vapor pressure at a certain temperature usually can sublime in air (e.g., water ice just below 0 °C). For some substances, such as carbon and arsenic, sublimation is much easier than evaporation from the melt, because the pressure of their triple point is very high, and it is difficult to obtain them as liquids.

Sublimation requires additional energy and is an endothermic change. The enthalpy of sublimation (also called heat of sublimation) can be calculated as the enthalpy of fusion plus the enthalpy of vaporization.

I hope ya don't see this as me arguing or anything. Cheers Mr chz you should try it sometime with a bud. Dry till the point of your paperbaging time, but put one in the freezer.

That's some mind blowing science there. Some of those words were a little too big for me, and I consider myself well educated. But I'll try all 3 methods with this batch. Got some in freezer, some on hangers in closet, and some in paper bags with paper bag strips. I like variety, so I'll give everybody methods a shot.

Back
Top Bottom