Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine

I guess it is time to tell about my experience here... this is not the first time I have pissed someone off. You should have seen me when I first hit this online world... I was as sarcastic as I could be. I trolled people and tried to be funny at other people's expense, way more often than is socially acceptable. I am obstinate and hard to get along with and I don't socialize well as a rule, but here is the point...

420 Magazine has allowed, no actually caused me to grow, and to mature. I am learning to keep my overly large ego in check and not lord over people with my long experience, knowledge of this plant and how to grow it. I know that there are many people out here who know a lot more than I do and that have more experience than I do, and I have learned that it is best to just give my opinions, state them as such, and then drop it... and stop trying to beat my ideas into people.

At first I thought it was my need to have campaigns... campaigns to teach everyone about watering properly, about pH... about flushing... about the very best way to grow pot.... but thanks to the wonderful moderators here and our very guru like founder, I am finding myself finally, in my 40's. I am learning to put my ego away, even when someone takes exception to me as a deplorable hick GIRL from racist fly over country. It is water on the wings of a duck... and these attacks no longer bother me like they once did.

420 Magazine is teaching me about life, as I say in my signature lines... one grow at a time. :Namaste:

I guess it is time to tell about my experience here... this is not the first time I have pissed someone off. You should have seen me when I first hit this online world... I was as sarcastic as I could be. I trolled people and tried to be funny at other people's expense, way more often than is socially acceptable. I am obstinate and hard to get along with and I don't socialize well as a rule, but here is the point...

420 Magazine has allowed, no actually caused me to grow, and to mature. I am learning to keep my overly large ego in check and not lord over people with my long experience, knowledge of this plant and how to grow it. I know that there are many people out here who know a lot more than I do and that have more experience than I do, and I have learned that it is best to just give my opinions, state them as such, and then drop it... and stop trying to beat my ideas into people.

At first I thought it was my need to have campaigns... campaigns to teach everyone about watering properly, about pH... about flushing... about the very best way to grow pot.... but thanks to the wonderful moderators here and our very guru like founder, I am finding myself finally, in my 40's. I am learning to put my ego away, even when someone takes exception to me as a deplorable hick GIRL from racist fly over country. It is water on the wings of a duck... and these attacks no longer bother me like they once did.

420 magazine is teaching me about life, as I say in my signature lines... one grow at a time. :Namaste:
Now that is a lot to admit to. Knowing your faults and acknowledging them, it's commendable.

Respect :peace:

In early 2001ish, I contracted meningitis. I went unconscious after battling it for weeks, thinking it was a bad cold. A nasal infection broke through my nasal cavity and infected the meningi sac around our brain. The bacteria reproduced and the added mass caused a constriction on my brain that started cutting off blood flow. I woke up a week later after a spinal tap revealed the sickness.

The doctors said I almost died and should of had brain damage. I woke up and seemed okay. I seem to have developed a type of anxiety which cannabis seems to settle.

Later in life I had to quit smoking to pursue a job in the oil refining industry. I became an operator at Phillips66 and loaded rail cars with butane, steam power plant, sulfur plant and tank farm. I was also on the fire brigade and rescue team. I was making gobs of money and started hitting the gym plus had a personal trainer.

I was buying all the "good stuff" from GNC. Specifically using N.O.Xplod & SuperPump. The latter specifcially stated it would make a user test "dirty" for any testing program. (!) I wanted THAT! I used multiple supplements at once and either a sole product or a combo of it all ruined my eye. Yes...EYE!

As it turns out, I was getting my eyes checked for new eye glasses and the doctor and nurses confronted me. Yeah...i have never used them, but steroids are no joke!

Once the doctor gave me my "eye poof" test, he walked out for a second. Then a series of nurses walked in after. They acted nonchalant and meandered in...looked around (ROFL)...then would ask..."what's your experience with steroids?"

"What the hell? Uhh...no experince?"

The nurse replies "okay, okay". They walk out. Next nurse...same thing.

Finally the doctor comes back in and sits down. My confusion should have been evident at this point. HE asks me "...so do you use a balm?"

I had it up to here! I ask "why are all of you asking me about steroids?"

He breaks and says "The age you are, and the condition of your eye, we are only left to assume you use steroids. So, are you injecting?" I could not make them believe i never touched the stuff.

Well, steroids ruin our eye's ability to circulate the fluid in our eye. I ignore this guy's concern and recommendations and go on about my life. He wants me to start daily eye drops.

4 yrs later I am at the Walmart eye center. The doctor gets the same concern. She says "I am very concerned over your eye." She writes a recommendation and...i ignore it.

I start growing cannabis that year. I grew a couple unknowns and a Mango and a couple Blue Cheeses. I start making butter that year. I put the butter in banana bread, blue berry bread, muffins...I got FAT(TER)!

Shortly after I learn how butter can strip trichomes due to the saturated fat content and I learn that Coco Oil is even better at that. I start making my coco oil and put that in my daily coffee. I drop the "bread weight" as a result.

Just last year I went to Kaiser to get my eyes checked for new eye glasses. At this point, I figure the doctor is going to tell me that my eye is about to explode due to "high intraocular eye pressure". The doctor goes through the process...checks my eyes, does the poof test; all seemed well. As we were wrapping up the appointment, he takes a seat and says he has some bad news. I KNEW IT! He says "...you should consider bi-focals in your near future."

(Gasp) "...what about my eye? Specifically my eye pressure."

He replies "It's a little high but nothing to be concerned with. We will keep an 'eye' on it. Hahaha" (funny guy).

It seems my daily cannabis ingestion has eased my precursor symptoms of glaucoma!

There are a few other muscular issues i battle with. Using cannabis helps me to stay relaxed and not so knotted up.

I had previously seen another Kaiser doctor for an unrelated issue to all those stated above. The doctor asked if I use any other medications. I told him I use cannabis for all the reasons above. This university educated..."person"...looks at me and coldly and smuggly tells me, "your just looking for any reason to use the stuff."

Well that pissed me off.

I use cannabis for my own personal reasons. Once the wife and I got back together, she wanted to grow herb. She doesn't use it due to random tests at her job, but she should be using CBD due to inflammation. So we get my seeds from when I was a dispensary driver and start sprouting.

I grew indoors and realized that fresh air is necessary. Hahaha. Anyways...I went outdoors and I started researching building a soil and built my own from scratch. Bales of peat moss and dry amendments with perlite, EWC & compost.

I keep learning and growing. Now, my life is bereft of any individual that could remotely want to listen to all the grow info i THINK i know. No one cares about my plants, except my brother. He wants to know when its done. ;)

I joined this site after my last "grow home" became over run with SPAM. I have a passion for this plant and it's medicinal benefits. I am driven to learn and read about this plant. How to tend to it better. How to optimize aspects for better product. How it affects us. This plant alone keeps me reading and searching when nothing else ever could. What good is all that reading and absorbing if it just rattles around upstairs with what's left of my noggin?

No one in my life cares about the junk i read; it has no application outside of growing.

So I come here to 420. My experiences here have been nothing but positive. Some don't care for the rules, but I have spent enough time in a hazardous industry to have learned that ANY rule is set in place or created to keep a prior incident from happening again. We live and learn and mitigate past issues from arising again. Without rules, there is anarchy. The environment and culture here is unparalleled and inviting to even the novice grower. If members have nothing nice to say, they move on. The people here are so helpful and informative.

I have learned a ton since arriving at this site and it just keeps getting sweeter. I love the contests and the ability for the members to participate and win. The staff have been friendly, forgiving, amd ready assist if any issue arises.

This site is not just a grow forum, it's a virtual "magazine". The home page is a wealth of articles regarding this beloved plant and the list of sponsors is INSANE! There are so many products i didn't even know existed. This whole site is a totally enriching experience and has been tailored to benefit us as growers.

I love this place!
The inside of the human skull is encased in an envelope of membrane which connects to the body's lymphatic system. There's been growing evidence maladies like meningitis can affect mental health later via this connection.

420 magazine is teaching me about life, as I say in my signature lines... one grow at a time. :Namaste:
*waves in hick Midwestern 40-something female*

Anyone motivated enough to waste moments of their life trolling on an online forum has no desire to hear any side to any story unless it's the one they just made up.

Shoot I guess I’ll chime in because I feel guilty for being paranoid at times, and possibly giving wrong impressions to some members on accident....

I do apologize to any if I have done some of that to y’all (I’m sure y’all have done some research on side effects of what I’m talking about):rofl: but geez that micro dose method improved my brain activity now that I’m out of that funk I was in!! I can’t tell ya the amount of head injury’s I’ve had in life that I feel has been repaired now!!.....but I’m kind of what people call redneck raised! Went as far as high school education but back then you could get away with manipulating the teachers you tried your best and they would still pass ya anyways!! Or I was just good at convincing them otherwise!! Lucky for me I learned early I was better with my hands and not my brain so I began a Lawncare company a couple years out of high school after I had worked for friends I used to call brothers in my previous life after I came back from the dead. (Hit tree doing 70mph was told by everyone when I came too 5 days later I tried missing someone running a stop sign and the grass was wet enough I couldn’t correct my swerve in time. But I couldn’t tell anyone because I lost memory and don’t recall the scene or how I ended up with feeding tubes and a hot nurse ripping a cord out my worm hole a few days later !!! It was a Friday night so my only come to is that some one had too many and didn’t want to turn around to see the boom!! But things seem to happen for crazy reasons sometimes and maybe that’s what gives me the push for cannabis awareness like you all give a platform to do and for the people like me to feel normal again!! I figured id tell my story behind why cannabis has been a healer for me in my life so that I won’t have to feel so paranoid for future experiences on the World Wide Web and hopefully never have to tell anyone that truly is interested in knowing my reasoning for being so paranoid some times!! . If I ever do get paranoid I give any member the right to call me out on it because I’m working on things. I could seriously write a chapter book on my life and why learning to be my own garden nerd has now become a passion! My injuries were pretty crazy I can no longer enjoy the same passions I once had without feeling the past come creep up my spine!

420 Magazine has now replaced Facebook for me because I used to have friends but for some reason when your at your worst the friends you thought you had disappear and you find ones that stood behind you to help you back up ones to call your family instead. So don’t go anywhere 420 and I hope you keep spreading awareness because I could honestly give proof maybe not scientific proof that cannabis is healing yet, but living proof that you guys are doing the right thing for the universe!!! Cannabis along with other things that come from the earth fixed and has given me a knew look on life for the better.

Funny note for you older timers that were getting the green thumb credit done in the shadows back when I was younger growing up. My first plant was grown on a finger cross and some hope! Fingers were crossed because I had a back garage that was my territory as a kid from my parents and everyone else that wasn’t a kid at the time. So to this day my mother never even knew about me trying to do what I’m so passionate about today.(hint maybe don’t tell my mommy on me even tho she will someday read this I’m almost 100% sure)!! :rofl: Hope was me getting seeds from Mexican brick and hoping 100 of them suckers would grow tails!!! But I ended up scoring a female and boy was she pretty with just miracle grow!!! I couldn’t tell ya what she smelled like because knowing my mistakes I made back then now today I know now it’s because I grew it with a few fluorescent light bulbs in a garage and threw her out to hide from the parents in the field and ended up leaving for my dads for the weekend instead. She stayed out there till the first frost to finish up. Today I know now that the hairs on cannabis don’t get ya where ya want too in life :rofl:

Cheers 420 Magazine!!! I might not be a writer but damn good truth teller!!! :420::passitleft:

I first came to 420 Magazine at the same time I did a couple other forums. I was hungry for knowledge as a beginner (I had grown outdoors as a kid but never indoor). I spent an equal amount of time across all 3 forums. Over the last few years I dropped the other 2 and have never looked back or needed to. I don't have some crazy reason for coming here or some life altering event but this place is for the most part a little oasis In a big world of shit

These are my experiences from the amount of time I spend on here. I cant speak for anyone but myself.
-When it comes to staff all interactions have been 100% pleasant
When it comes to members all interactions have been 99% pleasant.........mind you there's always one bozo:popcorn:

-There's a lot of people on this site that just make life better for everyone

-The contests here are next level

-The content is vast and helpful

-I've always said this but 420Mag is just diff than all the other forums. Those forums are "PARASYTIC"
when it comes to asking a question or having a healthy discussion/debate

them as such, and then drop it... and stop trying to beat my ideas into people.

At first I thought it was my need to have campaigns... campaigns to teach everyone about watering properly, abut ph......

This is hilarious Emilya. I keep coming across your watering manual from time to time and I just laugh.......(my wife waters for me while I'm at work) I try to picture the look that would be on your face as she takes a half gallon of nutrient water and practically throws it at the soil from a foot up (like she's trying to beat the world record for watering a plant) by the time I get home from a 20 day hitch in the bush I got a 5 gallon pot with a hole a foot deep on one side of the surface of my pot, roots poking out everywhere it looks like a bloody crime scene:rofl:

Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine:
420 Magazine truly appreciates its members, we are thankful and grateful to have all of you. This thread is for our members to share how much they have learned, gained, grown and/or experienced from their membership at 420 Magazine.

For example - Has 420 Magazine helped change your life for the better? Please tell us how; whether it's acquiring the knowledge to grow, learning about the medicinal benefits of Cannabis and how to heal yourself, sharing your master gardens with fellow gardeners, finding a platform for your activism or to improve the quality of your life by making similar minded friends. We'd love to hear from you!

We will keep this thread in perpetuity - not only as a celebration of our mission but also as a record and an inspiration for all those innumerable future guests and members who we can also help.

Please keep your comments limited to celebrating our community with positive success stories, complaints or drama will be deleted without notice.

Our Founder's Story & Mission:
420 Magazine exists to support the repeal of all Cannabis prohibition laws and penalties throughout the world. Not another person should suffer incarceration or stigma because of these unjust laws (420 Magazine Mission Statement).

In 1993, the feds broke down the door of our founder and assaulted him, his wife and his 12 year old daughter, throwing them to the floor with machine guns to their heads. The prohibitionists were yelling and screaming at them over a simple quarter pound of Mexican brick bud that had been acquired for a close friend. Unfortunately, the "friend" was "working off charges", after being arrested for selling only a quarter ounce to a cop. This ridiculous event was so infuriating that it inspired the founding of 420 Magazine; a lifelong mission to repeal these unjust laws and to create Cannabis awareness throughout the world.

In Closing:
This thread is for our members to share and immortalize their experience(s) with any or all aspects of Cannabis Awareness. We hope that patients, activists, growers, fans of the flower, friends of 420 Magazine, or even reformed LEO will post their experiences here for others to learn from and celebrate.

It's been a long hard fight and the Staff of 420 Magazine wishes to honor our Members and Sponsors. It's still too early to declare victory but there's no doubt that together, we're winning the war on Cannabis.

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:
I started my first grow on the hillside above my parents' home, out back behind the gardens in the middle of a clump of weeds. That was in 1968 and since then I have been growing and learning as much as I can about this beautiful plant. I went on to study botany, agriculture, and environmental ethics and I found that Cannabis is truly one of the plants that can provide us with a healthy and productive future. Throughout the years there have been countless encounters with growers and grow-ops...some so wonderful they enrich my soul to this day when looking back. My favorite was some old hippies I met that were growing along a small creek on their land. They would bury the seeds with a fish about 2 inches under the seed. Those were some of the sweetest buds ever lol. I think a big part of that was that the people growing it were so sweet and kind. They helped me learn and were like my very own fairy godparents of weed. Seeing them have such great success with all-natural growing methods reinforced my view of being very much in favor of non-toxic living. The fact that the industry has taken the initiative to embrace non-toxic grows and products strongly indicate the heart and soul of the people involved are deeply invested in helping this planet see its way to a brighter tomorrow.

I find that 420 Magazine is a very interesting and helpful publication that covers the Cannabis subject in a way that I can only describe as wholistic. The coverage of all aspects of this very important plant from a global standpoint is something that is done quite efficiently by 420 Magazine.

I am impressed that you are able to present such a wide array of information in such an enjoyable format and that it is supported with such great facts and photos.

When reading your articles, I can see that your writers have a strong background in the subject matter and do a fair amount of research. The information is quite reliable and I feel confident in quoting from and linking to your information. Words are inadequate to express how valuable it is to have this wonderful resource to visit, learn from, and simply enjoy. I wish you many blessings and an abundance of joy <3

They would bury the seeds with a fish about 2 inches under the seed.

Oh man I like hearing shit like that.
No need for 10 diff bottles.......just a river, dead fish and some sun eiii :adore:

Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine:
420 Magazine truly appreciates its members, we are thankful and grateful to have all of you. This thread is for our members to share how much they have learned, gained, grown and/or experienced from their membership at 420 Magazine.

For example - Has 420 Magazine helped change your life for the better? Please tell us how; whether it's acquiring the knowledge to grow, learning about the medicinal benefits of Cannabis and how to heal yourself, sharing your master gardens with fellow gardeners, finding a platform for your activism or to improve the quality of your life by making similar minded friends. We'd love to hear from you!

We will keep this thread in perpetuity - not only as a celebration of our mission but also as a record and an inspiration for all those innumerable future guests and members who we can also help.

Please keep your comments limited to celebrating our community with positive success stories, complaints or drama will be deleted without notice.

Our Founder's Story & Mission:
420 Magazine exists to support the repeal of all Cannabis prohibition laws and penalties throughout the world. Not another person should suffer incarceration or stigma because of these unjust laws (420 Magazine Mission Statement).

In 1993, the feds broke down the door of our founder and assaulted him, his wife and his 12 year old daughter, throwing them to the floor with machine guns to their heads. The prohibitionists were yelling and screaming at them over a simple quarter pound of Mexican brick bud that had been acquired for a close friend. Unfortunately, the "friend" was "working off charges", after being arrested for selling only a quarter ounce to a cop. This ridiculous event was so infuriating that it inspired the founding of 420 Magazine; a lifelong mission to repeal these unjust laws and to create Cannabis awareness throughout the world.

In Closing:
This thread is for our members to share and immortalize their experience(s) with any or all aspects of Cannabis Awareness. We hope that patients, activists, growers, fans of the flower, friends of 420 Magazine, or even reformed LEO will post their experiences here for others to learn from and celebrate.

It's been a long hard fight and the Staff of 420 Magazine wishes to honor our Members and Sponsors. It's still too early to declare victory but there's no doubt that together, we're winning the war on Cannabis.

Thank you for your support, we are truly grateful.

:Namaste:
I will take the time to write my review and thoughts of 420 a good time to reflect . Thank you 420 magazine for everything you did over the years to me.. be back soon.

KingJoe83 love

I took well over 4 days until I felt I was ready to testify. Take your time on this one.
I will give some meaningful thoughts . Follow my journals from back in day . I am a emotional dude sadly ..lol 420 made me realize who I am better and to accept myself . So much more save the good stuff .

I was an outcast as a child never really fit in with popular kids or the in crowd moved around all the time Dad was in the Navy and was never around I was raised by my Mother and I was bullied and considered a wimp, then a couple things happened in 8th grade I found a bag of Columbian gold on a dirt road some poor hippie dropped it I am sure and I feel bad to this day about not trying to find the poor guy. discovered Pink Floyd and my mother signed me up for Karate. I got the nerve up to ask the cool kids at the bus stop if they wanted to smoke a joint and they were like yes we do. It’s funny after that it was magic like smoking a peace pipe I went to school the next day and the kids started talking to me, I learned that Cannabis can do some magical things bring people together bridge gaps in culture and help people understand each other. I love 420 Magazine it has taught me so many things about this plant to be honest it can be a bit overwhelming at times but there is always a kind, funny, good hearted person to help you out of what ever growing trouble arise And the staff at 420 Magazine really cool kats! It’s just a great vibe very positive energy

I'll start my story before joining 420 Magazine. I smoked quite a lot of weed as a teenager before joining the military but never really respected it for what it is. I left the military after 12 years which allowed me the opportunity to enjoy cannabis again on the odd occasion. About 3 years ago I recognised I had mental health issues I had just been ignoring. I hate the idea of most pharmaceuticals for mental health so gave cannabis a try and found it really helped me alongside some therapy. From here I started learning more and more about this amazing plant and fell in love with it. I live in a prohibitive country and got fed up with poor quality medicine and unreliable street dealers. I also didn't like the idea of funding criminal organisations. Most mass producers here do it to fund other activities and care little for the quality of the product. This got me to thinking about cultivating my own medicine. So I could have the strains/varieties I wanted and know exactly what was put into them. I browsed the internet for tips on building a stealth cabinet and the basics of growing. This took me to several cannabis forums and it was quite apparent that 420 Magazine was a place I could settle into whereas the others put me off for several reasons. Now 2 years later I am even more passionate about this plant and love having 420 Magazine to be able to learn and share with so many amazing like minded individuals. The staff here have done an outstanding job in creating and maintaining a welcoming, friendly and informative place for us all. I've made some great friends here and look forward to many more years of us all learning and enjoying our favourite plant together. This place really is the full package, awesome members, skilled and dedicated staff, great sponsors, fantastic contests and prize giveaways, an encyclopedia of knowledge and experience. What's not to love? Personally I have to give a big thanks to 420 Magazine and the members here for helping me through some tough times.
Beautiful post mate!
I feel just the same as you.
This site has been so beneficial to my growing and mental health.
And you're one of the Goat's!

Beautiful post mate!
I feel just the same as you.
This site has been so beneficial to my growing and mental health.
And you're one of the Goat's!
Well I don't know about that mate. What I do know is I'm having a damn good time learning and hanging with everyone on here. This thread was a great idea. Really cool to read people's thoughts and experiences.

Well I don't know about that mate. What I do know is I'm having a damn good time learning and hanging with everyone on here. This thread was a great idea. Really cool to read people's thoughts and experiences.
I agree!!:passitleft:i wish I could post much more but it would make y’all cry:laugh:!! I wish I could be as open as I am on here as I am around some people in my life but I still for one have half a family that criticizes me and I wish I could explain to them just because ya bring religion into this doesn’t make me a non believer just makes me more curious as to why they would still believe stuff that comes from the earth with out being altered in a lab is the target for my destruction for my warabouts when my body is no longer here!! Geez I wish some would just wake up and smell the perp!!!!! I think the human race will do more harm to our meds than anything coming straight out the ground/ water/ or whatever media it comes from these days :snowboating:

My pastor knows I grow. :) The world is waking up. He wouldn't let me step down from serving in the church.

I am sorry that your family are "christians" and not more Christ-like. They adhere to old doctrines rather than evolving and applying it to their lives and the world today, in general.

Their judgement doesn't matter. Stay true to yourself. That's what matters most.

My pastor knows I grow. :) The world is waking up. He wouldn't let me step down from serving in the church.

I am sorry that your family are "christians" and not more Christ-like. They adhere to old doctrines rather than evolving and applying it to their lives and the world today, in general.

Their judgement doesn't matter. Stay true to yourself. That's what matters most.
As soon as the other half of my family found out what meds I changed to I lost em! My other half grew up more accepting to nature’s meds and don’t do the harm! Most don’t see the less fortunate suffer from what prescription meds can do to someone as they age from their parents health insurance and their sooo called doctor gives you the cold shoulder after you can’t afford to come to them any longer. Makes me so driven after seeing things threw my own eyes!! It’s great to see I’m not the only person tho that goes threw these experiences! I’ve seen the same happen to vets coming back from war It’s great to see and know what’s possible...

I was an outcast as a child never really fit in with popular kids or the in crowd moved around all the time Dad was in the Navy and was never around I was raised by my Mother and I was bullied and considered a wimp, then a couple things happened in 8th grade I found a bag of Columbian gold on a dirt road some poor hippie dropped it I am sure and I feel bad to this day about not trying to find the poor guy. discovered Pink Floyd and my mother signed me up for Karate. I got the nerve up to ask the cool kids at the bus stop if they wanted to smoke a joint and they were like yes we do. It’s funny after that it was magic like smoking a peace pipe I went to school the next day and the kids started talking to me, I learned that Cannabis can do some magical things bring people together bridge gaps in culture and help people understand each other. I love 420 Magazine it has taught me so many things about this plant to be honest it can be a bit overwhelming at times but there is always a kind, funny, good hearted person to help you out of what ever growing trouble arise And the staff at 420 Magazine really cool kats! It’s just a great vibe very positive energy
My father was in the Navy also spent time all over the eastern/southern US. We moved every 4 years from 1960-1974 and was always during the summer. That wasn't so bad except we moved from one part of the country to another. Completely different culture and accents, new kid in school bullies etc.. learned to fight at early age always the different kid. 1974 changed me life when I also found cannabis and Floyd.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom