Please Tell Us About Your Experiences At 420 Magazine

My experiences in 420 Magazine improved lots of way in my perspective. I'm kinda new in here but here is what changed in 1 month.

First of all I'm Turkish so English is my second language. I have a dream that one day in the future I'll live abroad where it's legal to grow in my backyard. I'm a music teacher so i need to improve my language as much as I can in every way to teach music in school,college etc. to do my job in abroad, make my dream come true. So I do enter the 420 Magazine every day without missing a day to read all the good stuff that written in here. Specially the long ones :) That is helping me to gain lots of useful information about growing and English too. I do translate every word that I don't now til the time I read it. That is keeping me here for the most part of my day.

Whenever I come to 420 Magazine to ask something about my grow, someone reached hand, fixed my problem and always ended with good vibe, conversations, memories, experiences between the members.

Last one is I read some serious arguments about defoliation, flush etc. topics that open both ends but in the pages of text none of them was rude even both members are angry also sure what they are talking about. That is something we always want to see in all around the world and we can find it in here. Love and kindness wins.
Pass it from the left :passitleft:

Ps: Thanks for the hardworking stuff of 420 to keep here in order

I created this account to simply thank a user that kept showing up on my online searches for knowledge. Since then, I have evolved as a grower beyond what I could have hoped. I have donated my equipment and shared my knowledge to help others in the same spirit I like to think that original poster had. Its been a great ride and I am forever grateful for the knowledge shared here:adore:

I joined this site originally because I just love cannabis, it's so good for all sorts of stuff nowadays and I just wanna keep fighting for the right for it to be legalised world wide, I've learned so much since joining all the members are brilliant and help anyway they can, it's like 1big happy pot family, thanks so much for @420 for providing this worderful place

As soon as the other half of my family found out what meds I changed to I lost em! My other half grew up more accepting to nature’s meds and don’t do the harm! Most don’t see the less fortunate suffer from what prescription meds can do to someone as they age from their parents health insurance and their sooo called doctor gives you the cold shoulder after you can’t afford to come to them any longer. Makes me so driven after seeing things threw my own eyes!! It’s great to see I’m not the only person tho that goes threw these experiences! I’ve seen the same happen to vets coming back from war It’s great to see and know what’s possible...
Now that I am older I believe that I was honestly living with parents who were indoctrinated by the film reefer madness I am sure they watched it. My dad destroyed every plant my brother tried to grow and threw away every bag of weed they found or joint they found. I was lectured on the evil weed all through Junior and senior high. My Dad is now 92 and my mom passed recently at 92 both changed their minds later in life and even praised how it helps seizures. I smoke every day it has replaced 5 prescription drugs for PTSD,Hyper vigilance and arthritis.I have learned that people will quickly distance them selfs from you or look down on you for smoking cannabis but the same people have no problem or advice watching you slam, down some powerful toxic prescription drugs it blows my mind.

I'm in! I came here to learn how to grow to help my wife who got into a rear end car accident leaving her with permanent debilitating spine damage. Weed helped very much and was so expensive she/we couldn't afford enough. I myself was working a job with random drug testing and hadn't toked for close to 30 years so I didn't use any at all.

Meeting folks here that would help us with everything green and have no judgments was and still is a breath of fresh air in this world. I grew/tortured many poor plants before getting a clue. (from others here) For that I'm grateful!

So the dance continues, the circle of help stays strong in my mind as I remember the seemingly long waits between answers to keep my green girls as healthy as possible. Remember to @ me if you need fast attention. If I can I will.

Now I'm retired for a few years and happily enjoy this weed as wanted or needed. I've developed my own spine degeneration issues and some days are made for THC/CBD ETC!

Keeping a friendly tone is something I require so this must be the place! I just can't have it any other way, and for that I'm grateful to everyone both on the working side and our quizzical learning and sharing side.
Be well everyone, if your not well then just be. Your in good company here.

Well my experience on here has Ben nothing but positive have learned so much over the years also the only forum I’m apart of do recommend this spot to anyone !!!!

I started as a life long user/self-medicator and just a member that was interested in helping fight for making cannabis legal. Couldn't do too much, as I was wrapping up my career as an Engineer. After I took an extended leave, I got my medical recommendation and started to explore the world of medical grade cannabis. With an interest in photography and talent for writing (was paid to write specifications), I started writing strain reviews. About then, I was approached to join the 420Mag team as a Strain Reviewer. That quickly led to being a Moderator, and then Legal/Admin.

I found this in my archived files, defining "Who am I?":

Hmm...so who am I as a 420 activist? I am a professional engineer that has maintained a degree of secrecy for the nearly 25 years I've been in the workforce - constantly pushing to succeed and yet medicated/stoned every day while my co-workers are not aware and superiors are handing out kudos/awards. I am also the guy that built, maintained, and repaired computers from friends/family - most of the time having to use compressed air to blow out any ash from my joint before closing up the case. I am the patient suffering from depression and severe anxiety that was able to get off the pills and use MMJ instead to regulate my life. Lastly, I am the endurance athlete that enjoys getting baked before heading out for a multi-hour cardio burn and then toking a nice joint after I complete whatever ride/event I'm doing at the time to celebrate my success.

Have since left Kalifornia (just a cool place to visit/vacation now) and enjoy my time on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe.

Almost a year ago, I was searching for a cure for root rot and I found a post here that someone had answered a question about a remedy, I took his advice and applied it to my plant and BAM within minutes my issue was solved and I joined 420. Since I have been here I have gathered a great wealth of information, asked a few questions and hopefully helped someone with my post's. ALL of the 420 team from the head dog to the lowest person in the chain of command should take a bow and receive a round of applause for the work that they have done and are still doing to keep this site running. The members, right from the Master growers down to the "Johnny new grower" should also take a bow because the vast knowledge and information that you share is priceless. Thank you all and stay safe in these crazy times.

I've been on the fence as to what to say here, If anything.

I've lived a great life- the kind that makes you take for granted many things. Friends, always had work, and life was moving along great.

Then one day everything changed, it's rather personal but suffice it to say it's left me with nerve damage that's beyond painful. I've lost consciousness from the pain and I was a miserable mess. The docs couldn't find out what was wrong- only that I wasn't dying. Though I was getting worse. They gave me pills. This part of the story is a familiar one- except I was dead set against using opioid. But the Dr was prescribing it, and the insurance said take your meds or bye bye:ciao:. So I took them, forced myself too, as I had a family- and well...what wouldn't you do for your family?
Fast forward and I won the lottery with a Dr who finally gave me my prescription and took over looking after me. Almost brings tears as to how grateful I am.
It helped, I was off most of the pain meds but couldn't stop all (but no opioids!!). My life was showing improvements. I was determined to get better and pushed and pushed...till I pretty much got a bit better but it took a high toll on me mentally. When the pain gets terrible, weed is the only that has reined it in that doesn't require an IV. And I'm unable to focus/concentrate when in pain. Again, there's some I'm skipping.
But I was spending tons on the weed from the licensed producers. I decided to grow to free up money for my family.
Then shit hit the fan with my work firing me, the insurance dropping me.
I'm skipping lots..:passitleft:
This place and the people here taught me how to grow. It helped with the costs...and the forum became a place where I was surrounded by people with hearts of gold- a place of refuge.

Then someone heard my plight and helped. There's lots here I can't/won't say. It's binding.
I'm now out of the city, back home in the country. I'm not sure how we're going to manage next year financially. But what i do know is I'm alive, I'm in a house that we own (well the bank does) and life looks better, there's finally some light.
None of it wouldn't be possible without this place, or the people that make this place such a special place.

I've lived a great life- the kind that makes you take for granted many things. Friends, always had work, and life was moving along great.

Then one day everything changed, it's rather personal but suffice it to say it's left me with nerve damage that's beyond painful. I've lost consciousness from the pain and I was a miserable mess. The docs couldn't find out what was wrong- only that I wasn't dying. Though I was getting worse. They gave me pills. This part of the story is a familiar one- except I was dead set against using opioid. But the Dr was prescribing it, and the insurance said take your meds or bye bye:ciao:. So I took them, forced myself too, as I had a family- and well...what wouldn't you do for your family?
Fast forward and I won the lottery with a Dr who finally gave me my prescription and took over looking after me. Almost brings tears as to how grateful I am.
It helped, I was off most of the pain meds but couldn't stop all (but no opioids!!). My life was showing improvements. I was determined to get better and pushed and pushed...till I pretty much got a bit better but it took a high toll on me mentally. When the pain gets terrible, weed is the only that has reined it in that doesn't require an IV. And I'm unable to focus/concentrate when in pain. Again, there's some I'm skipping.
But I was spending tons on the weed from the licensed producers. I decided to grow to free up money for my family.
This place and the people here taught me how to grow. It helped with the costs...and the forum became a place where I was surrounded by people with hearts of gold- a place of refuge.

Then someone heard my plight and helped. There's lots here I can't/won't say. It's binding.
I'm now out of the city, back home in the country. I'm not sure how we're going to manage next year financially. But what i do know is I'm alive, I'm in a house that we own (well the bank does) and life looks better, there's finally some light.
None of it wouldn't be possible without this place, or the people that make this place such a special place.
Keep moving forward my friend this place has changed my life.

I love this forum where we thrive on discussing what we all have in common. Breathe deep, relax & grow on my man!

Hey brother,
Sign everything that you described in you said how to try to do that happened to me in my life this right here with you hit hard for me to tears tomorrow because I’m going to right now it’s been three years now since the tragedy happened to me just saying I am two gentlemen that were drug addicts decided they wanted what I had and then shot me 16 times. Well dealing with so many doctors that all they want to do is give me pills, witch i hate them. but I’m in so much pain i wouldn’t be able to get out of bed with out them. Then i found this site and asked for help on growing the best way i could possible. The little time i been here I’ve learned so much. Well i just wanted to tell you thank’s for being here. Know you aint alone their is a lot of us out their that the people here have saved and helped us grow the right way. God bless you

Your words hit home my friend so I'm starting to realize just the scale of how many were dealing with the same struggles in life. I'm very pleased to know how cannabis is making this nice smack in the face on all the ones brainwashed to refer madness. I couldn't tell you how many prescriptions I lost due to thc in my blood. And if you seen me today as comparison to then you can tell the amount of life cannabis brings to me mentally, fiscally, and spiritually. Keep pushing Rex one day at a time the greatest achievement so far in my life is my garden of everlasting meds. Since growing for myself I became the doctor that cares more about my body than someone not in my skin them selves. The best thing is my garden doesn't have a limit on the monthly prescription bottle so the paranoia I used to have that completely controlled who I was at the time is now slowly but surely fading because I now have taught myself patience is a virtue and now a way of life that I'm proud of and happy to be apart of today. Stay green Rex a bong hit every 30 min was how I changed the habits of thinking I needed more meds to treat my issues. Now I eat hemp seeds to help with my stomach problems from years of abuse and honestly it's like a miracle in the making and I'm now working on putting my meds into caps to improve my cannabis intake on the daily routine. Cheers my friend!:passitleft:

Thank you all for the kind words.

We all see screens with words.

What we often miss is the struggles that bring us together, and how simple acts of kindness can make a difference.

I know how hard it was for me to type out my words, and thank you all for the positive words as I understand how difficult it can be to talk about. I've accepted my struggle, it's going to be a daily battle. The trick is accepting that to win some days, you have to loose on others. And never give up. I've made peace with my disability, just not the limits it puts on me.

My experience at 420 Magazine has definitely been a positive experience,,from the start when I just lurked in the background firing out an occasional question and started to notice there were several people who were recurring to help answer my questions,,and so I jumped around forums learning all sorts of interesting stuff, I then thought that it's about time to start a journal to showcase wot I had learned and put into practice my newly learned techniques and so I started my current journal freak Finally Grows a day in the life of ,,I had grown outdoors about 25 years ago, so growing inside with leds was lost on me,,
Anyway the auto's I had grown before learning from lots of growers on this site I was only getting not much more than an oz per plant and now thanks to the people an support from growers to 420 Mag itself, the plants in my grow journal r amazing looking and look like they gonna produce a good amount
Thanks to one and all ,its a pleasure

i dont have many words other than

What is a real community? Members of a community care about each other​

And thats what 420 is a REAL community hard to find online now adays

I've used cannabis recreationally for over 10 years. Now, it's not even recreational... it's part of my daily life. Some call if addiction, and I will not argue with that. Maybe I am addicted, just like I am addicted to coffee, sugars, and starches. It took many years for me to stop feeling "ashamed" of consuming weed daily. Perhaps it is unnecessary, and perhaps I would be healthier if I didn't smoke everyday... but to be honest, weed has been an anchor in my life. I have a perspective where I don't really love life, nor do I absolutely hate it. Life is something we give value to, and life in itself can be the most, and the least, value able thing we have. I choose not to kill myself, because quite frankly I don't have a need or reason to, but if I could choose not to be born at all.... I would. I would trade off all the pleasures and happiness, just so I wouldn't feel the discomforts and sadness. Life can be great, but I wish I wasn't the strongest sperm in the bunch, because it would have saved me the hassle of living. Weed just makes this whole journey, that I didn't choose to be in, that much more enjoyable. I'm also starting to venture into psychedelic's. I have consumed them 3 times, the 3rd time being a couple of weeks ago, but the 2nd being 5 years ago. The second time genuinely changed my life, it taught me a lesson that is almost impossible to reiterate and make others understand; that we are everything, yet we are nothing.

Now... back to the topic... I have always appreciate forums, and 420Magazine is not the exception of this. Great people here. Very appreciative of the help I have received, specially from the likes of @Emilya , @013 , @NuttyProfessor, @Reave , @Sueet, @Ghostwriter31, @Pat Puffer , @Pepperhead , @bluter , amongst others. Did I mention @Emilya? Lol

P.s. I get a thrill out of achieving things as a chronic smoker. Graduated my degree with honors, and I was high for most classes and exams. A lot of my classmates were bothered, and I always reminded them... "study high, get high grades". I've also attended interviews high, gone to work high (all the time), and done a plethora of things under the influence. I don't do it to prove a point, but doing so does prove a point.... Weed does not deter you from progression and it does not limit your cognitive abilities. Some may even argue it enhances them.

Thank you for your very kind words @parrajara! I find myself in almost total agreement of everything you said here. I totally believe that psychotropics, cannabis included, can map new pathways in our minds and bodies that were not there before. I too have achieved academically while mostly high, and I totally believe that I am smarter today because of my psychotropic use. I think this plant was put here to make us better and to help us evolve.

Back
Top Bottom